Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Detective Comics #970 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Interesting that Tim is considering consolidating all the city's vigilantes under the Belfry. That could help explain what Future!Tim said when he mentioned whatever Batwoman does tears the entire Batfamily apart.

I wonder what or who Batman was talking about...
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Thanks a lot!

Huh, i actually liked the conversation beetween Tim and Steph.

The entire Batfamily as part of the Belfry would be awesome. Could have issues focusing on different teams with different people in them!

I think that Tim obsession here is worst than Batman obsession or with time, can be worst than batman..

I am not surprised that Steph is really worried for him..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-11-2017 at 12:23 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Interesting that Tim is considering consolidating all the city's vigilantes under the Belfry. That could help explain what Future!Tim said when he mentioned whatever Batwoman does tears the entire Batfamily apart.

I wonder what or who Batman was talking about...
    I appreciate that Tynion, though he loves Tim the most, isn't trying to make him perfect. His actions are very, very concerning here.

I do wish they'd give Bennett an inker who suited his style better. He needs thinner lines.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Tim's brain working like a computer sums up a lot of his issues as a character right now in my opinion. Too clinical and calculating.

The entire Batfamily being in on this operation or organized seems sensible even if that would probably be too many characters for this book to juggle (which already has a lot of characters involved). Really, the entire Batfamily hasn't felt that organized since Babs stopped being Oracle.

I can't tell if Steph is concerned or worried about Tim at this point. Granted, smiling Tim in some of those panels did look kind of creepy .

Although redirecting the GCPD to stuff they can actually handle seems like something even she might agree with to a degree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I think that Tim obsession here is worst than Batman obsession or with time, can be worst than batman..

I am not surprised that Steph is really worried for him..
    I`m definatly getting a creepy vibe from it and chances are, that`s not what Tynion was going at.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't tell if Steph is concerned or worried about Tim at this point. Granted, smiling Tim in some of those panels did look kind of creepy .
    I see that I am not the only against that smile..

Is the 2nd time that he scared me(even Steph was scared in the last page) in a few time... The first was in the last chapter of Teen Titans, but that time, Tim was in the last page and this time is worst..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-11-2017 at 12:36 PM.

BANNED

The artist is just rendering realistic smiles, that is all. Altho. so many in one page while mutering robotically about plans for the future does make him look like a mad scientist on Monday.

BANNED

Mr. Oz, could you please take Tim back? We don't want him.

Not sure why but I'm also finding Steph really annoying here. She's kinda reminding me of Felicity Smoak and that's never a good thing.

Really, the entire Batfamily hasn't felt that organized since Babs stopped being Oracle.
    I'd say you have to go back to Pre- War Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Mr. Oz, could you please take Tim back? We don't want him.
    Well, I want Tim back, I just think he still has some characterization issues that need to be worked out.

Not sure why but I'm also finding Steph really annoying here. She's kinda reminding me of Felicity Smoak and that's never a good thing.
    I've been annoyed by Steph in this run but I don't think she's ever been as bad as Felicity has been at her worst.

Honestly, I actually like her here compared to her handling in the past few issues. It actually feels nice to have her back with the group.

I'd say you have to go back to Pre- War Games.
    True, but even after that the family kind of came back together eventually, if not the point or degree they were prior, at least from what I've read.

I don’t know exactly why, but Tynion’s Tim is so obnoxious. He needs a solo series with a writer who can actually write him. And enough with the stupid computer stuff, it's really sickening.

BANNED

Well, I want Tim back, I just think he still has some characterization issues that need to be worked out.
    Maybe I should have just asked to him to take "this" Tim back?

I've been annoyed by Steph in this run but I don't think she's ever been as bad as Felicity has been at her worst.
    Never said she was as bad.

It actually feels nice to have her back with the group.
    Still wish we could have SEEN her rejoin the group, but not showing things actually happening will always be the most consistent problem with this run.