Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Maybe I should have just asked to him to take "this" Tim back?
    Now it feels like an entirely different question .

Never said she was as bad.
    I would say "nowhere near as bad."

Still wish we could have SEEN her rejoin the group, but not showing things actually happening will always be the most consistent problem with this run.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    I don’t know exactly why, but Tynion’s Tim is so obnoxious. He needs a solo series with a writer who can actually write him. And enough with the stupid computer stuff, it's really sickening.

I think... That I can see Steph as single again after this saga...
    If Tim don´t stop with this.

Tim should remember his future version mistakes or he will lose Steph, in his case only during certain time..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-11-2017 at 01:19 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tim's brain working like a computer sums up a lot of his issues as a character right now in my opinion. Too clinical and calculating.

The entire Batfamily being in on this operation or organized seems sensible even if that would probably be too many characters for this book to juggle (which already has a lot of characters involved). Really, the entire Batfamily hasn't felt that organized since Babs stopped being Oracle.

I can't tell if Steph is concerned or worried about Tim at this point. Granted, smiling Tim in some of those panels did look kind of creepy .

Although redirecting the GCPD to stuff they can actually handle seems like something even she might agree with to a degree.
    Tim has generally had a problem being as empathetic as he needs to be, I think. He's always been a pretty kind person, but not great at connecting with a lot of people. At least, that's my reading of him, long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m definatly getting a creepy vibe from it and chances are, that`s not what Tynion was going at.
    No, I think Tynion is deliberately having Tim be a bit creepy, or unsettling. He's being extremely manic, and not really considering the present consequences while trying to avoid future nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I think... That I can see Steph as single again after this saga...
    If Tim don´t stop before it will be too late..

Tim should remember his future version words about Steph or he will lose Steph, during certain time..
    Oh, crushing! But I do think that Tim and Steph need to work things out, and actually come together, not just bask in emotions.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m definatly getting a creepy vibe from it and chances are, that`s not what Tynion was going at.
    Really creepy vibe... I think that Oz or Manhattan did with him something strange..

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, crushing! But I do think that Tim and Steph need to work things out, and actually come together, not just bask in emotions.
    I like to see how important is Steph for him(especially because I can see her more) but.... He should remember his future self words about Steph or... Steph should make something, like talk with the team about this..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-11-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Incredible Member

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the other members of the bat-fam starting appaearing on Tec, but...that would be harder for Tynion to write...give enough panel-time to so many characters per-story...hum...bad ideia i think...only, if they make a new book like TEc 2 or something to make it work with 2 books

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I like to see how important is Steph for him(especially because I can see her more) but.... He should remember his future self words about Steph or... Steph should make something, like talk with the team about this..
    I think you're right - but I think the problem is, he's trying to hard to avoid becoming his future self to see that the real lesson is to be present in the now.

But yes, absolutely, Steph needs to talk to the team.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Great stuff between Tim and Steph
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Mr. Oz, could you please take Tim back? We don't want him.

Not sure why but I'm also finding Steph really annoying here. She's kinda reminding me of Felicity Smoak and that's never a good thing.

I'd say you have to go back to Pre- War Games.
    I don't know why its so hard for Tynion to write his favorite characters. He supposedly likes Tim and Steph, but everytime I read about them I hate them. That can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I don't know why its so hard for Tynion to write his favorite characters. He supposedly likes Tim and Steph, but everytime I read about them I hate them. That can't be right.
    I ask myself the same question about Dan Slott and Peter Parker .

Or Mark Waid . Althougth i don't hate Tynion's versions, just think that they are kind of unninspired (that said is pretty difficult for me to hate a characther, i made a separation beetween writter and characther long time ago anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Or Mark Waid . Althougth i don't hate Tynion's versions, just think that they are kind of unninspired (that said is pretty difficult for me to hate a characther, i made a separation beetween writter and characther long time ago anyway).
    Well, at least with Waid I don't think Peter Parker or Spider-Man are anywhere ear his favorite characters, so that's usually how I write-off how bad he writers Spidey.

I think it would be more accurate if we had Waid writing a bad Flash or Superman (which doesn't really happen).

I don't know why its so hard for Tynion to write his favorite characters.

He supposedly likes Tim and Steph, but everytime I read about them I hate them. That can't be right.
    This reminds me Damian Wayne problems with Percy...

But I always wanted one comic with a Bat-team.. I hope continue with this during a long time..

Is the only comic with new content where I can see Steph.. The dark Steph era finished with Tim return... As Steph fan I never hated her, I have more reasons for hate the Victim syndicate who started this(Tim "death" was bad for her and they worsened her situation) and anarky..

But I think that this saga will be bad for Tim with this begin... or a future saga with more details about Tim plans..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-12-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Mighty Member

That's another great example.

This reminds me Damian Wayne problems with Percy...

But I always wanted one comic with a Bat-team.. I hope continue with this during a long time..

Is the only comic with new content where I can see Steph.. The dark Steph era finished with Tim return... As Steph fan I never hated her, I have more reasons for hate the Victim syndicate who started this(Tim "death" was bad for her and they worsened her situation) and anarky..

But I think that this saga will be bad for Tim with this begin... or a future saga with more details about Tim plans..
    The part I hate about all of this is that it is really not the time for bad or unstable Tim stuff. N52 was not a likable character and he's been off the board for most of Rebirth. Instead of fixing what people hated or getting them attached to Tim, we jump straight into this.

The part I hate about all of this is that it is really not the time for bad or unstable Tim stuff. N52 was not a likable character and he's been off the board for most of Rebirth. Instead of fixing what people hated or getting them attached to Tim, we jump straight into this.
    The sad thing is that it felt like Tynion was getting back to what people loved about Tim, but now that he's back it feels like there's still too much of the New 52 in there or Tynion's "hack everything" Tim.

I'm liking how things are coming together; lots of plot elements starting to tie up. But the Clayface/October and Clayface/Glory stuff didn't feel much progressed from the previous few times we've seen that, and Steph threatening to leave again (though for a much better reason this time) is strange because not only did she just get back, we didn't see her come back, nor do we know her status with the rest of the team.

It was also really weird that the cyborgs at the beginning didn't cause anyone to immediately think "Colony", since they operate on the same basis as their soldiers, but since it was quickly determined otherwise I guess it's not a huge deal.

I'm also wondering how Batwoman #10 is going to tie into this. I thought it was guessable, but now I'm not sure. The scene between Kate and Jacob here was just antagonistic enough that I don't think she's switched sides or even made some kind of pact with the Colony, as I was expecting to happen next week. But she does meet up with Jacob in that issue, too. So I dunno what's up with that. (Side note: this is yet another issue where the artist forgot to draw Kate's tattoos )

I do like that Clayface's switch is by force and against his will, so he's not truly to blame for whatever he ends up doing, and I liked Glory's motive for not wanting him to be healed.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)