Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yep, I was glad that last issue with the reunion was my jump-off point...because we're back to this kind of crude soap opera with Steph again. I have not liked her at all under Tynion's pen, but I'm glad she at least caught on to Tim's intentions, even if it took weeks for her, it took only two issues to bring it up.

Tim returned to this team but.... I am not sure about Steph definitive return now.. After this chapter I can see her single again in 2018...

DAMNIT.. I forgot the phone copy, I hate the Victim Syndicate and Anarky..

I think that Cass saga(I should see this saga) will be the last that I will see.
    .. I can see Harper replacing Steph because she is "the best" friend of Cass..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-13-2017 at 06:05 AM.

BANNED

Oh boy let's see:

THE GOOD:

- Always fun seeing the Luke and JPV bromance (Even if it's still all they have....)
    - Basil continues to be one of the most interesting parts of this series. You really do feel for him.
    - October continues to be interesting and is very good for representation.
    - A solid cliffhanger for next issue.
    (And because there was actually enough stuff to bring up that I don't need to give Cass her own section)
    - The scene with Basil and Cass was really well-written and serves as continued proof that this book would have been a lot better if the set-up had just been 'Batman assigns Cass to help train and reform Basil.'
    - Cass had a funny line! Okay, it wasn't top-tier CassSass but it fit her sense of humor and I even laughed. Kudos!

THE BAD:

- Literally everything to do with Tim and Steph. By god are they annoying! For those of you who watch Linkara, I'm now hearing all of Tim's lines in his Superboy Prime voice.
    - The art. This art isn't terrible, not even really that bad, but there are some definite errors. Be it annoying stuff like Cass's breasts growing two sizes for a single panel or stuff that actually impacts the story, like not showing any stances or fighting styles at all for the Cyber Assassins.
    - I'm engaged in Basil's struggle emotionally, but that's it. This plot still strikes me as very half-baked and not very well written(Even by Tynion's standards) and in terms of just caring about the rest, I don't care about Tim and Steph here, I've never cared about The Colony, I don't care about the VS and put up against the things in this book I do care about (Cass and Basil and Luke and JPV) they just look worse.
    - FakeLonnie showed up for a panel.

Better than last issue by virtue of having some things I really liked, but still plenty to drag it it down.

Also, Caivu, I'm guessing Kate made up with her dad in Batwoman?
    Last edited by Assam; 12-13-2017 at 12:55 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The sad thing is that it felt like Tynion was getting back to what people loved about Tim, but now that he's back it feels like there's still too much of the New 52 in there or Tynion's "hack everything" Tim.
    I don't think this is really the "hack everything" Tim - this is the Tim who tried to clone Superboy, who became more and more like Batman in an effort to avoid becoming the evil Batman of the future. Teen Titans Tim, which makes sense with the interviews Tynion was giving during Lonely Place of Living.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't think this is really the "hack everything" Tim - this is the Tim who tried to clone Superboy, who became more and more like Batman in an effort to avoid becoming the evil Batman of the future. Teen Titans Tim, which makes sense with the interviews Tynion was giving during Lonely Place of Living.
    Yes, exactly. This is desperate, lashing out with his intelligence/resources like a caged animal, "I can fix it!" Tim.

Ideally, this would be working towards Conner returning and knocking sense into him, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, Caivu, I'm guessing Kate made up with her dad in Batwoman?
    No, at least not yet. I know from WIP art that he does rescue her and Prime next issue, but I also thought that was going to be the issue where she has a change of heart of some kind. This issue implies that didn't happen. Plus, she already sort of made up with him in #949.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Well, now we got an idea of what Kate and Tim will catfight for.

But yeah, Basil`s arc is the best thing in the book right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Well, now we got an idea of what Kate and Tim will catfight for.
    According to their future selves, they don't initially fight about anything...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

That`s the part that still doesn`t fully connect. It`s clear by Jason`s words that the feeling is they didn`t stop him when they should have but from upcoming solicits Kate will be on trial and Tim is doing his best Dr Cuco impersonation, going to extremes to prevent his future self. I`m guessing that is what will set him up eventually in classic predestination paradox.

My catfight humor can be towards simply pointing out where the crux of theyr fallout will be. The argument, if you will. I think Jacob showing what Tim plans to do will set up everything.

Well. Hmm. Lot going on in that issue. Man, Tim, wtf. I wonder if Kate shoots him...

Mighty Member

Another issue of Cass and Clayface being the best part of the book. Luke and JPV being there. Kate doing stuff. Tim and Steph being the worst parts despite being absent for so long.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

No, I think Tynion is deliberately having Tim be a bit creepy, or unsettling. He's being extremely manic, and not really considering the present consequences while trying to avoid future nightmares.
    While I'm not reading 'Tec I would like to point out that Tynion isn't the only writer making Tim be a bit creepy. He also came off as pretty damned creepy in the most recent Teen Titans issue in a stalker-ish kind of way as well. Just throwing that out there for those of you who aren't reading that particular book. And so I'll leave you guys and gals alone again.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Agreed. This is exactly like Geoff Johns's workaholic mad scientist, though I will say that Tynion is doing a better job trying to portray practical intelligence, since Tim's plan is strategic use of logistical elements. There is a bit of FabNic's control freak Red Robin here too, but the voice is very much Johns, since it lacks FabNic's self-reflection and more mature portrayal, and doubles down on Tim pursuing the control freak tendencies of TT under Johns.

I kind of agree with Assam. Clayface and Cass's stuff is good, but there is something very underwhelming about the plot given to Steph and Tim, probably in part because its using the actually kind of old TT stuff and embracing the "self-fulfilling prophecy" elements of the second Titans of Tomorrow story. I still think Tynion's doing a good job in terms of craft with the characters, but it is disappointing for me to read this version of Tim and Steph when I was really hoping for the characterization of BatSteph and Red Robin.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    While I'm not reading 'Tec I would like to point out that Tynion isn't the only writer making Tim be a bit creepy. He also came off as pretty damned creepy in the most recent Teen Titans issue in a stalker-ish kind of way as well. Just throwing that out there for those of you who aren't reading that particular book. And so I'll leave you guys and gals alone again.
    Tim has a story of looking creepy why looking something on a monitor .

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Tim was always a stalker. Heck, he spied on a lot of people in his first story line.

He is creepy. Nobody questions that.

Last edited by shadowsgirl; 12-13-2017 at 05:12 PM.