Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Can't really comment since I haven't read a single issue of Nu52 Detective Comics. Because I wrote off the entire Bat-line at the start of the Nu52, I've read barely anything from that era.

However I will say that missing Daniel's writing under any circumstances is very odd.
    Well, playing devil advocate there, i actually don't mind his charactherozation mostbof the time, is nothing special, but it doesn't annoys me. His plots otherwise, are really bad, like crappy 90s comic kind of bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Somebody missing Tony Daniel's writting, that's crazy man .
    Can't really comment since I haven't read a single issue of Nu52 Detective Comics. Because I wrote off the entire Bat-line at the start of the Nu52, I've read barely anything from that era.

However I will say that missing Daniel's writing under any circumstances is very odd.
    Shows you how much I "enjoyed" Tomasi's Jim-Bat and Tynion's Rebirth run.

Did we already know that the doctor treating Clayface (I can't remember her name) was a transwoman.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Also the art on this issue was uber s#!tty
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Did we already know that the doctor treating Clayface (I can't remember her name) was a transwoman.
    Yes. She mentioned it in #948.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Her name's not Sondra Fuller, is it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Her name's not Sondra Fuller, is it?
    It's Victoria October.

october.jpg

You may have been joking, I don't know.

It's Victoria October.

You may have been joking, I don't know.
    If you clicked on the link, you'd know why I asked about her.

(And since I don't read this series, I honestly did not know.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If you clicked on the link, you'd know why I asked about her.
    I knew who she was without the link. It's why I thought you might be joking.

I finally caught up with Tec. I kind of wish I hadn't. Tynion is going out of his way to make Tim a completely unlikable tool. Also, it kind of seemed like the artist was trying to put as many panels of Tim's awful gum baring smiles on the page as he could possibly get away.

Still, I genuinely feel bad for Clayface. I just wish he got more panel time. It's another disappointing issue where a lot of the team were wallpaper.

BANNED

The first arc by Manapul, most of Layman runs were actually decent. Tomasi got Batjim but that was the only time Detective was actually about Detective work. Daniel's Dollmaker arc was cool too. I'd put them over LOS, LPOL, the Steph issues and Victim Syndicate easily. Tynion's best has been ROTB and Intelligence.

BANNED

If this site didn't have the profanity policy it did, I would be echoing my actual reaction to March's solicits for 'Tec here.

This is garbage.

DETECTIVE COMICS #976

Written by James Tynion IV, art by Javier Fernandez, cover by Eddy Barrows, variant cover by Rafael Albuquerque.
    "Batmen Eternal," part one! With his team completely shattered, Batman must confront Red Robin about the future of their partnership...if there even is one!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 14.

DETECTIVE COMICS #977

Written by James Tynion IV, art by Javier Fernandez,, cover by Eddy Barrows, variant cover by Rafael Albuquerque.
    "Batmen Eternal," part two! Batwoman has reunited with her father, and leadership of the Colony is in her hands...but should she take it? And if she does, what is she supposed to do about a problem like Batman?
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 28.

WHERE IS CASS SAGA? More trash related with Tomorrow future?

I think that I will be out until the end of that saga.. and I am doubting about end with the current saga..

This is a bad era for Steph.. I canīt see her in more places like Damian but... is better see her within one year in better conditions, than continue with this..

We need something different..Not Tomorrow things again and again..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-18-2017 at 04:24 PM.

How many fecking arcs does Tim need!? Kate has her own solo. I hope Batman fires him, I really do. It's the only way the other characters will be able to get a look in

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    How many fecking arcs does Tim need!? Kate has her own solo. I hope Batman fires him, I really do. It's the only way the other characters will be able to get a look in
    It's even worse than you may think at first. On top of this, having the second most focus in RotB, having ALL the focus in LPoL, and having a prominent role in Fall of the Batmen, Victim Syndicate was all about Steph's reaction to Tim's death and a lot of Intelligence was about Bruce wanting to bring him back. Disliked as it is by some, League of Shadows is the ONLY major arc that hasn't been about Tim in some way.

I shouldn't be, but I'm really wishing those drones had just killed him.