Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Dr Fate vs Dr Manhattan vs Dr Strange vs Dr Doom

Pre Crisis Kent vs Jon vs Classic Stephen vs Victor (1 Days Prep)
    No BFR and No TP
    Which Doctor Wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Well, this one is amusing.

Unless Manhattan has received some serious power-ups, he's at a loss against the others. Maybe he actually has clear feats for creating universes or something these days, I dunno.

...as usual, with one day's prep I'm going to put this as somewhere between Fate and Strange. Doom...can probably make them work for it, but barring him figuring out a 100% hard counter for their magic, he simply lacks the raw power (or, I suppose, him going out and powerjacking something really powerful, but if that's allowed then Strange can do it with something worse, no doubt).

My big question is, how good is Fate with prep? Prep, for Stephen, means he can seriously upgrade his game with all kinds of madness. I'm pretty sure Fate can as well, but figured it was worth asking.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Doesn’t one day of prep for pre-crisis Fate just mean he has 24 hours to think about how to overereact to the oncoming threat? He is the guy that threw a planet into a sun to stop some pirates right? Or will blow up a star to kill a roach? Pretty sure he tends to think big when solving problems.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Doesn’t one day of prep for pre-crisis Fate just mean he has 24 hours to think about how to overereact to the oncoming threat? He is the guy that threw a planet into a sun to stop some pirates right? Or will blow up a star to kill a roach? Pretty sure he tends to think big when solving problems.
    I have zero doubt about this at all, and my question in part is out of a morbid curiosity to see what kind of insane batshit Fate has managed with prep, and (more interestingly) in response to what threat. ^_^ I'm waiting for 'Fate found out some dude with a gun was coming to shoot him one night, and used the day to summon all of the power of an alternate universe of madness to then torment the killer for all eternity, because it's a perfectly reasonable use of a universe's focused power'.

Sidebar - I'll note that Strange, himself, has some...bizarre moments of over-reaction. When one decides, as an example, that the best way off of a planet in the middle of nowhere is to explode the planet to provide FTL propulsion, it's worth a few sidelong, worried glances.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I don't have too much of a note on Fate's prep, I just want to note that one time during a fight, he felt it super appropriate to set off a series of relatively miniature nuclear explosions to attack the big enemy of the day, right where everyone else was fighting it, complete with quipping about how his atomic explosions would "mushroom cloud" his opponent into helplessness.

Not shown: Everyone in the hero team Doctor Fate pulled from two different universes against their will and without warning to help him later dying of a race between cancer and radiation poisoning.

Pre Crisis Kent Nelson was basically delightful is what I'm saying.

Yeah, that's kind of the weirdness for which I was searching.
    Why are we here?

This is the man who, when needing to call on a spell to prevent a button from being pushed (one grants it would have killed both worlds, but still, all he had to do was stop a button from being pushed) opted to channel the energies of the act of creation itself to blow everything in his immediate area up, causing hilariously devastating earthquakes that reached the furthest corners of both worlds.

Also he, I guess to put it one way, "indirectly manslaughtered" a weakened Spectre who had been holding the universes apart by doing so.

It always amuses me that Doctor Fate is a class 100 brick but never bothers to use his strength. It's his least useful power, and yet more than most characters have.

He casually throws around nuclear explosions as a one off combat tactic. Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He casually throws around nuclear explosions as a one off combat tactic. Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?

That last part literally made me laugh out loud.

Thanks Pen.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Given how radiation works in comics, he probably gave them all superpowers.

And then exploded a galaxy to stop them.

Dr Manhattan has been getting some feats. Or at least the guy behind Rebirth is getting feats. He picked Jor El from the moment of his death and placed him on earth. He later took him again and showed him all of earth's history. Jor el/Oz eventually gained enough power to imprison the likes of Mxy, Doomsday etc. As well randomly teleport around including into other dimensions and observe events and somehow get a kick ass Kryptonite vision power. He was also mostly beating Superman till he stopped fighting.... and then Manhattan/Rebirth guy just ended him casually. We later find out the GLC records of Kryptons destruction have also been wiped.

Basically Manhattan is being presented as the guy more powerful than the guy who was treating Superman's Rogues gallery like thrash. Including Mxyptlk

Still nothing really concrete except some time manipulation though. And he killed a guy on the Mobius chair when the chair is supposed to be immune to harm/ shown surviving the crisis of infinite earth's anti matter wave

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Dr Manhattan has been getting some feats. Or at least the guy behind Rebirth is getting feats. He picked Jor El from the moment of his death and placed him on earth. He later took him again and showed him all of earth's history. Jor el/Oz eventually gained enough power to imprison the likes of Mxy, Doomsday etc. As well randomly teleport around including into other dimensions and observe events and somehow get a kick ass Kryptonite vision power. He was also mostly beating Superman till he stopped fighting.... and then Manhattan/Rebirth guy just ended him casually. We later find out the GLC records of Kryptons destruction have also been wiped.

Basically Manhattan is being presented as the guy more powerful than the guy who was treating Superman's Rogues gallery like thrash. Including Mxyptlk

Still nothing really concrete except some time manipulation though. And he killed a guy on the Mobius chair when the chair is supposed to be immune to harm/ shown surviving the crisis of infinite earth's anti matter wave
    Who was on the chair? Not Metron?

As well randomly teleport around including into other dimensions and observe events and somehow get a kick ass Kryptonite vision power. He was also mostly beating Superman till he stopped fighting.... and then Manhattan/Rebirth guy just ended him casually.
    ......... that's it? That's the big resolution of the Jor-El/Oz arc? "And then probably evil Dr Mahnattan killed him, lol." All that buildup for that?

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Who was on the chair? Not Metron?
    Owlman was on the chair, Metron with him. They were both killed