Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Should we be expecting a Secret Invasion 2 and Dark Reign 2?

You know since we have as secret wars again, civil war, planet hulk, and world war Hulk. I mean I knew we lived in a time of remaking movies but now here we are in the time of comics. Siege 2 anyone after the death of Jane?

I'm sure this Infinity Stones storyline will lead into something Infinity related, maybe even Infinity 2 or Infinity ____ 2 .

Yes to Secret Invasion since that's probably what will happen in MCU in phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure this Infinity Stones storyline will lead into something Infinity related, maybe even Infinity 2 or Infinity ____ 2 .
    Already confirmed. Infinity Countdown, starts next month, with the Adam Warlock one-shot, ends presumably when Infinity War is in cinemas.

I'm also expecting Atlantis Attacks 2 and Maximum Carnage 2: The Maximumening

Secret Empire was Dark Reign 2

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Secret Empire was Dark Reign 2
    Makes sense. Dark Reign followed the aftermath of the original Civil War where fractures and fissures in the hero community caused them to turn on each other and make themselves look like infighting incompetents while the villain portrayed himself as the real champion and defender of ordinary people against superhuman criminality and violence. The difference, though, is that in Dark Reign, we had a very clear and open villain who somehow suckered most of the public and the government into making him the head of superhuman-related national security affairs despite his record of wanton murder and mayhem. In Secret Empire, on the other hand, the villain parlayed his reputation as a trusted and beloved hero into power plays that ended with him as supreme leader of not just HYDRA, but the entire United States, much to the approval and cheers of wide swaths of the population that saw him finally putting mutants and Inhumans "in their place" and making it clear that those empowered individuals who wouldn't serve the interests of "humanity" would be decisively dealt with.

As for Maximum Carnage II, considering the upgrades Carnage has had in recent years, it could turn out something more like the Web of Shadows game, only with Carnage as the villain in place of Venom, infecting people with his replicating symbiote and turning them into his thralls/minions . . . even worse if he snags some heroes (and/or other villains) in the process. Secret Invasion II could be done with clones, make it more of a homegrown threat instead of bringing back the Skrulls, just to get Spider-Man's goat since clones have been a major sore spot with him since the 90s Clone Saga and even worse now in the wake of The Clone Conspiracy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Dark Reign was a branding initiative and very contrary to the current Legacy goal, which is closer to Heroes Reborn. If anything, Secret Empire was Dark Reign II. The event as Siege. I'm not really expecting a Siege 2 anytime soon.

A Secret Invasion 2 makes a good deal of sense given the Captain Marvel use of the Skrulls. I would also make the argument for a Kree-Skrull War 2, but I'm pretty sure that happened in Englehart's Silver Surfer, so I guess it would be Kree-Skrull War 3?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Dark Reign was a branding initiative and very contrary to the current Legacy goal, which is closer to Heroes Reborn. If anything, Secret Empire was Dark Reign II. The event as Siege. I'm not really expecting a Siege 2 anytime soon.

A Secret Invasion 2 makes a good deal of sense given the Captain Marvel use of the Skrulls. I would also make the argument for a Kree-Skrull War 2, but I'm pretty sure that happened in Englehart's Silver Surfer, so I guess it would be Kree-Skrull War 3?
    Kree-Skrull War II (or III), winner gets Earth. Wait, if those are the conditions, shouldn't the Kree and the Skrulls team up to deal with Earth's superheroes before they go and fight each other for Earth?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Makes sense. Dark Reign followed the aftermath of the original Civil War where fractures and fissures in the hero community caused them to turn on each other and make themselves look like infighting incompetents while the villain portrayed himself as the real champion and defender of ordinary people against superhuman criminality and violence. The difference, though, is that in Dark Reign, we had a very clear and open villain who somehow suckered most of the public and the government into making him the head of superhuman-related national security affairs despite his record of wanton murder and mayhem. In Secret Empire, on the other hand, the villain parlayed his reputation as a trusted and beloved hero into power plays that ended with him as supreme leader of not just HYDRA, but the entire United States, much to the approval and cheers of wide swaths of the population that saw him finally putting mutants and Inhumans "in their place" and making it clear that those empowered individuals who wouldn't serve the interests of "humanity" would be decisively dealt with.
    that, to me, is the proper way to do a second Dark Reign. Osborn saw an opportunity and seized upon it. Rogers made the opportunity through extensive planning. he was still a villain masquerading as a hero. and Osborn picked that Iron Patriot armor specifically because it would make people think of Captain America and Iron Man. he was, in effect, wearing the face of the Avengers. like Rogers, he also attempted to control the media. Rogers just took it further by also indoctrinating the public (through public education and drugging the water supply). if Norman hadn't been compromised by the long criminal record, he might have taken a similar approach. he simply didn't have that much power; shows of force, aside. there's also his Avengers. Osborn, because he's petty, found the nastiest villains that he could find to parade around in the Avengers classic looks. Hydra-Cap just twisted actual Avengers and threw in a couple of amoral characters who had snuck into the Avengers' ranks. even Ock had already been on an Avenger team or two; even if they didn't realize it.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-12-2017 at 04:13 PM.

All-New Member

I’m expecting a Secret Invasion reimagining following the previous two Secret projects (Wars and Empire).

I really liked Secret Wars and Secret Empire, so I’d be happy to read through another Secret Invasion.

As for Maximum Carnage II, considering the upgrades Carnage has had in recent years, it could turn out something more like the Web of Shadows game, only with Carnage as the villain in place of Venom, infecting people with his replicating symbiote and turning them into his thralls/minions . . . even worse if he snags some heroes (and/or other villains) in the process.
    Didn’t they sort of do that with Carnage, U.S.A?
    Last edited by DUSt; 12-12-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Kree-Skrull War II (or III), winner gets Earth. Wait, if those are the conditions, shouldn't the Kree and the Skrulls team up to deal with Earth's superheroes before they go and fight each other for Earth?
    it might be interesting to see Earth become a legitimate colony of the Kree Empire; under its protection.

Astonishing Member

Yes. Because why create and develop new characters and storyes when you can rehash old ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Yes. Because why create and develop new characters and storyes when you can rehash old ideas
    do you have an original idea?

iMan 42s

Sequels to comics are nothing new.
    Follow-ups or spiritual successors have always existed.

You are only seeing more of this now as synergy in the comic world to whats happening in film or TV makes it really easy to have a product that someone coming off the street can pick up and immediately become invested in. My LCS is a few blocks from our theater, this does happen. Not to mention that the Marvel movies being as successful as they are makes things like A Hulk/Thor team-up, Spider-man hanging out with Iron man for a bit, or a book about the movie GOTG financially lucrative when they're out. However, sequels happened before the movies and you should take this as is. Sequels are going to happen.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.