Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    They could be Space Phantoms that literally take over the bodies of heroes.
    Possibly. We'll find out one way or the other I guess, whether we get one or, if we do, what it'll entail.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Maybe they could use a different race? Does it really have to be the Skrulls for a Secret Invasion 2?
    i guess but SI was essentially an event about SKrull since this is pretty much their standard storyline, they are always sneaking around replacing people. And this one was a huuuuge sneak around with more people being replaced.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    i guess but SI was essentially an event about SKrull since this is pretty much their standard storyline, they are always sneaking around replacing people. And this one was a huuuuge sneak around with more people being replaced.
    As I've said earlier, it doesn't necessarily have to be the Skrulls for it to be a Secret Invasion but it could just as easily be the Skrulls having help from another alien race if numbers are your issue with the idea

Just spitting out an idea LOL, since Marvel haven't said anything (to my knowledge) about a Secret Invasion 2 than this is just speculation at this juncture.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Secret Empire was Dark Reign 2
    I heard this is what was planned but the backlash in some areas made them rethink

I don't think it was even supposed to be an event out of the cap books iirc so I'm not convinced

but it sure felt the same

it read better to me when I read it in trade but it, imo, was a very bleak story that felt like dark reign

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I heard this is what was planned but the backlash in some areas made them rethink

I don't think it was even supposed to be an event out of the cap books iirc so I'm not convinced

but it sure felt the same

it read better to me when I read it in trade but it, imo, was a very bleak story that felt like dark reign
    yeah, Spencer didn't really take advantage of the huge opportunity to tell dark reign-esque stories. There was an actual Dark Avengers title during Dark Reign; along with the various tie-ins and minis. I would have loved to see more of Chthon-Wanda and evil-Vision; personally.

Astonishing Member

yeah, Spencer didn't really take advantage of the huge opportunity to tell dark reign-esque stories. There was an actual Dark Avengers title during Dark Reign; along with the various tie-ins and minis. I would have loved to see more of Chthon-Wanda and evil-Vision; personally.
    personally I didn't like dark reign

but that's just me

Certainly I think secret empire wilted away considering the build up and publicity it had

More could have been made of it imo

I wonder why it wasn't

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    personally I didn't like dark reign

but that's just me

Certainly I think secret empire wilted away considering the build up and publicity it had

More could have been made of it imo

I wonder why it wasn't
    Probably because there was so much backlash as it was against Captain America being the villain, and not just the villain, but a villain serving, and then leading, an evil organization that splintered from the Nazis, whom his creators intended to rebuke when they came up with him. That being said, I would have loved to see Avengers #10 (the HYDRAvengers issue) used as a springboard for a HYDRAvengers mini depicting how they established themselves, how they were recruited, and stuff like that. That would have been pretty interesting, and if Stevil ever gets broken out of that extremely secure black-site prison he's in now, he could probably assemble a new HYDRAvengers team that would be even more of a dark inverse of the Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.