Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, 80s Secret Wars anyone? By the time the UK comic (which was an anthology because it came out weekly) had finished reprinting it, the sequel had started and they carried on with a slight name change on the cover.

Dark Reign 2 already happened with Secret Empire so I'm guessing Secret Invasion 2 could happen in a year or 2, maybe this time it will be LMDs being controlled by a villain or demons pretending to humans.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I want a Maximum Security 2 or a Acts of Vengeance 2.

Secret Invasion 2 should involve the Fantastic Four coming back together but the Richards Family that returns is actually the Susan Richards - Kang the Conqueror version from The Ultimates and her family and they're replacing 616 characters with alternate universe versions who are loyal to them (like a Peter Parker Spider-Man who's still possessed by Octavius or a Vision that runs on Ultron AI) in order to take over Earth 616.

I wouldn't mind another space epic done in the style of Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest.

Four lead-in minis and then a six issue main series.

I thought that worked really well.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

SI2 cant work unless they retcon SI ending.

Because Bendis came up with the silly idea that Skrull were almost extinct. So some is going to have to retcon that to ... what the actual comics have said.

There isnt a huge Skrull Empire cause the A-wave took most of them but the skrull are fine messing around in other planets, i guess? I dont know what happened to them since all the stories i read about Skrull after SI was Bendis silly idea of almost extinct.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that, to me, is the proper way to do a second Dark Reign. Osborn saw an opportunity and seized upon it. Rogers made the opportunity through extensive planning. he was still a villain masquerading as a hero. and Osborn picked that Iron Patriot armor specifically because it would make people think of Captain America and Iron Man. he was, in effect, wearing the face of the Avengers. like Rogers, he also attempted to control the media. Rogers just took it further by also indoctrinating the public (through public education and drugging the water supply). if Norman hadn't been compromised by the long criminal record, he might have taken a similar approach. he simply didn't have that much power; shows of force, aside. there's also his Avengers. Osborn, because he's petty, found the nastiest villains that he could find to parade around in the Avengers classic looks. Hydra-Cap just twisted actual Avengers and threw in a couple of amoral characters who had snuck into the Avengers' ranks. even Ock had already been on an Avenger team or two; even if they didn't realize it.
    Superior Spider-Man, which to this day I am convinced the Avengers never publicly copped to because that would mean admitting that they couldn't be bothered to screen their members properly, and that would have had severe public blowback because Doctor Octopus with access to the Avengers' armory, equipment, intel, and resources could have easily threatened the world again in more catastrophic ways than he did before.

Quote Originally Posted by DUSt View Post
    I’m expecting a Secret Invasion reimagining following the previous two Secret projects (Wars and Empire).

I really liked Secret Wars and Secret Empire, so I’d be happy to read through another Secret Invasion.

Didn’t they sort of do that with Carnage, U.S.A?
    Yeah, that's kind of where I got the idea, except Carnage takes it directly to the major hub of superhero activity that is New York City and turns it into New Carnage City or Carnage Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it might be interesting to see Earth become a legitimate colony of the Kree Empire; under its protection.
    Hmm, wonder how Carol would feel about that, given her connection to the Kree. Maybe they could make her Earth's representative/liaison to the Kree governor/overseer. Then there's the issue of the Inhumans on Earth, given that the Kree were responsible for creating the Inhumans in the first place and do have a rather checkered relationship with them, last I recall.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I want a Maximum Security 2 or a Acts of Vengeance 2.

Secret Invasion 2 should involve the Fantastic Four coming back together but the Richards Family that returns is actually the Susan Richards - Kang the Conqueror version from The Ultimates and her family and they're replacing 616 characters with alternate universe versions who are loyal to them (like a Peter Parker Spider-Man who's still possessed by Octavius or a Vision that runs on Ultron AI) in order to take over Earth 616.
    Invasion of alternate characters from a dying universe sounds kind of cool to me.

I hope not. Some of the most boring events in Marvel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Invasion of alternate characters from a dying universe sounds kind of cool to me.
    That's already been happening

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    That's already been happening
    You mean the Ultimate Universe? I was thinking more like a universe thats similar to 616 but its dying (maybe because its one of Reed's first universe he and the family created but the universe was botched somehow) and some of the people in it want to take over the lives of their counterpart.

Extraordinary Member

Well, Bendis is gone, so I can't really see anyone picking these up again.

Though I hope he makes a full recover from that staph infection. Almost dying in real life is never fun!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm expecting a Secret Invasion 2 at some point, not sure about Dark Reign 2 though personally speaking.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    SI2 cant work unless they retcon SI ending.

Because Bendis came up with the silly idea that Skrull were almost extinct. So some is going to have to retcon that to ... what the actual comics have said.

There isnt a huge Skrull Empire cause the A-wave took most of them but the skrull are fine messing around in other planets, i guess? I dont know what happened to them since all the stories i read about Skrull after SI was Bendis silly idea of almost extinct.
    Maybe they could use a different race? Does it really have to be the Skrulls for a Secret Invasion 2?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Maybe they could use a different race? Does it really have to be the Skrulls for a Secret Invasion 2?
    They could be Space Phantoms that literally take over the bodies of heroes.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Marvel seems to use big events for their movies (age of Utron and Infinity War for Avengers, and Civil War for Captain America). I suspect sooner or later they'll use Secret Invasion and Dark Reign, and when they do we'll get a corresponding event in the comics.

We know Skrulls will be in the Captain Marvel movie, as I think we'll be getting a Secret Invasion Avengers movie down the line along with a Secret Invasion 2.