Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    BANNED

I cannot think why jean being here will stop adult jean from resurrecting as iceman and beast not to mention cyclops are all existing with their counterparts from the past. If the Phoenix wasn't after her to transform her into its host but just to burn her/imprison her in the astral plane or wherever what is it thinking will it achieve in regard to getting back adult jean? is it trying to force her to come from the after realm to stop it from running amok and killing/imprisoning her younger self if it isn't alt version? Why would it bother to travel all this way to burn her up when she is just existing in her own niche and totally ignore hope who dispersed it the last time it came? that seems to point out that it considers teen jean as a aberration it won't abide though why it thinks so is anyone's guess. Will it ultimately come to the reemergence of pheonx five or phalanx if all the former hosts divide it and absorb its essence though admittedly it isn't likely given the resurrection of jean grey.

Amazing Member

In both of Rachel's "deaths" it wasn't the Phoenix that killed her. After she died from her battle with Necrom from using too much of the Phoenix, it healed her. As Mother Askani she died from being old and over exerting herself.

BANNED

maybe the Phoenix needed this Jean Grey to die to bring back the real one.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AGreySummer View Post
    In both of Rachel's "deaths" it wasn't the Phoenix that killed her. After she died from her battle with Necrom from using too much of the Phoenix, it healed her. As Mother Askani she died from being old and over exerting herself.
    I know. The point is that Phoenixes have death and rebirth experiences. The Phoenix never killed adult Jean either and she has had more deaths and rebirths than any of the other avatars. It goes with the territory.

I’m sure there is a reason that the Phoenix incinerated Teen Jean.

But Teen Jean wasn’t being that literal about no one surviving the Phoenix as she was in a group of former hosts, all being alive.

My point is that the Phoenix changes people and puts them or can out them in cycles of death and rebirth.