Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

For some reason if you're called boy, it means you're a male child, but if you're called girl, it just means you're a young, but not necessarily child, female. 20somethings seem to be able to get away with girl names, but not boy names. I think a lot of the Teen Titans fandom think Beast Boy should use his other name, Changeling, for this reason.

BANNED

Peter parker was about 16 when he became spider man that"s why.,

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see an alternate Earth, son of Peter Parker who's middle-school aged, be Spider-Boy. We've already seen two daughters of Peter, so I think it's time to see what a future son can do.
    I could see one of the Web Warriors from an alternate universe be called Spider-Boy. I was thinking of an idea that instead of Gabriel Osborn in an alternate universe there is Gabriel Parker a baby that Gwen had before she was killed by Norman, a teenage hero using his powers to impress a girl enough to go to her room at night sounds plausible if you think about it actually no don't think about that lol.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 05-22-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comewithme_golem View Post
    Peter parker was about 16 when he became spider man that"s why.,
    He was 15.

from a corporate branding standpoint it seems rather short-sighted to have a character co-owned by DC. Marvel should purchase the full rights to the Spider-Boy name and have that Amalgam character disappear forever. Who can you ask about this at Marvel?

at least Miles lives!! and he'll be back soon enough, but as....??? (what name?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Kind of the point of Spider-Man in the beginning was for him to be the kid who doesn't need some sort of parental supervision in the form of a mentor. It would sort of be weird to have Peter Parker be that now, even if he's now an adult.
    Thus my problem with the MCU Peter Parker in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What doesn't make Peter look old at this point ?
    Real talk lol. I know he finally learned to drive, but did he actually get the license or is that too far of a departure from "forever 15" Peter?

Because is an stupid name .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Because is an stupid name .
    Really doesn't roll off the tongue all that well...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, agreed. The franchise wasn't really set-up for him to have a Robin. I think that even the legacy characters, like Miles and Spider-Man 2099, don't really fit that well, either.
    Miguel works because he's decades after Peter's time and has a different background. He's not a teenage student who gets bitten by a spider, he's a lab researcher who gets drugged and gets spider powers trying to fix himself. His supporting cast doesn't resemble Peter's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    at least Miles lives!! and he'll be back soon enough, but as....??? (what name?)
    Rumours said as Kid Arachnid (I think that is is name in the toys) or Spy-D. (because he will be an agent of SHIELD or something like that.)
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, agreed. The franchise wasn't really set-up for him to have a Robin. I think that even the legacy characters, like Miles and Spider-Man 2099, don't really fit that well, either.
    Spider-Man having a sidekick could be an interesting story, but yeah i don't think that he need a Robin.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Didn't he have some electic kid named Alpha or something as a sidekick? I think it was a one time thing, but they should have given the duo at least a short run to just see Spidey in a new dynamic for a while.

Stan Lee never liked the idea of "side kicks" are smaller copy characters. See how some of current Marvel is today I totally understand why.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.