Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Isn't the MCU version of the character pretty much Spider-Boy in everything but name?

So was comics Peter when he debuted. The movie making him a teenager, yet again, wasn't unfaithful to the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So was comics Peter when he debuted. The movie making him a teenager, yet again, wasn't unfaithful to the comics.
    The thing is that comics Peter didn't really act like a teenager though when the series started. Peter acted very mature for his age, and was pretty much the man of the house since Aunt May was way too sickly to work.
    Also comics Peter was only in high school for the first 28 issues of the series, and has been an adult way longer than he was a teenager so the MCU version isn't any more faithful than the Sam Raimi movies.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see an alternate Earth, son of Peter Parker who's middle-school aged, be Spider-Boy.
    The closest we got was Spider-Kid, the son of Peter in Alan Davis' Fantastic Four: The End. He formed the Insect Squad with two other superhero kids, Wasp and Beetle Boy (the daughter and son respectively of Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne). They were all one-off appearance (issue #2 of the mini only).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

GREAT Idea- and Why just One Spider Boy. Why not dozens???? Spider Girls too!!!! Dozens More!!!! Dozens. Oh yes Spider pets..... More Spider women.... Maybe some Spider senior Citezans. How about A SPIDER spider. Nothing makes a character more special than creating hundreds of characters with his exact powers. Oh and you could give them differnt colored costumes and have each be a member of some Corp!!!!

Well, now there is at least a Spider-Kid in the Spider-Force mini-series. Which semi-proves my theory, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    GREAT Idea- and Why just One Spider Boy. Why not dozens???? Spider Girls too!!!! Dozens More!!!! Dozens. Oh yes Spider pets..... More Spider women.... Maybe some Spider senior Citezans. How about A SPIDER spider. Nothing makes a character more special than creating hundreds of characters with his exact powers. Oh and you could give them differnt colored costumes and have each be a member of some Corp!!!!
    Are you ok? Because this text reads like you're having a nervous breakdown...at any rate I see where you're coming from; there are too many spider characters in the Marvel Universe. If it were up to me there'd be just the three; Peter, Jessica and Miguel (with potentially Ben Reilly).
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

I'm going to say this...at least most of the Spider-Woman/Girls (Jessica in particular) have origins that have 0 to do with Peter and powers that are nothing like his.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

NVM 10char
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What doesn't make Peter look old at this point ?
    Yeah... I actualy thought they'd made Peter return to college in Spencer's ASM, which made me think they'd be trying too hard to make him look young again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really doesn't roll off the tongue all that well...
    Well, it's all about getting used to it, my reaction to learning that Spider-Girl was a thing was laugh at it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Rumours said as Kid Arachnid (I think that is is name in the toys) or Spy-D. (because he will be an agent of SHIELD or something like that.)
    Wait, they still haven't confirmed that? Geez, I return after months and some things didn't change.

Also wasn't SHIELD destroyed? Is it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm going to say this...at least most of the Spider-Woman/Girls (Jessica in particular) have origins that have 0 to do with Peter and powers that are nothing like his.
    Except Anya, since her current power set is a copy of his with some exclusive stuff and is connected to Peter because she got them from Spider-Island, which is depressing, her original power set was cool and was just minimaly connected with him...

Anyways, I don't really see Marvel trying to make a Spider-Boy, if Miles didn't get that name or something like that, then I don't see it happening for a while, plus as pointed out before it'd make Peter look old.

Though I don't see why a Spider-Boy would need to be Spidey's sidekick, he could be just some independant hero, y'know, like how the Spider-Women don't have much to do with each other, with only Mattie being closer to them, but again, they have Miles for that, unless they wanted someone even younger lol.

One of the fundamental elements of Spider-Man was that he was a boy superhero who still called himself Spider-Man. It indicated independence and that he was his own hero, even if he was a kid out of his depth. Having a Spider-Boy character is directly against that, which is why Miles is Spider-Man and will always be Spider-Man. And any "Spider-Kid" like names can stick to AUs.

On that same note, every Spider-Girl should be a Spider-Woman, like Gwen is, but that's what happens when there's a double standard about how young and adult females are perceived compared to young and adult males.

Mayday is probably justified by Mattie, who debuted in the same year. Anya was because of Jessica - who's actually partially responsible for giving her the Spider-Girl name. She debuted as Arana the same year the Skrull imposter Jessica debuted in Bendis's Avengers. Gwen only got away with it because she wasn't originally planned to get an ongoing, she was meant to be just a new character for Spider-Verse. Now she's here to stay, they gave her a unique name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    The thing is that comics Peter didn't really act like a teenager though when the series started. Peter acted very mature for his age, and was pretty much the man of the house since Aunt May was way too sickly to work.
    Also comics Peter was only in high school for the first 28 issues of the series, and has been an adult way longer than he was a teenager so the MCU version isn't any more faithful than the Sam Raimi movies.
    This is a MAJOR reason why I'm tired of high School Peter. Ultimate Spider-man was fresh and unique.... but about 20 years later??? I'm sick of every incarnation of cartoon or movie or comic wanting to 'go back to basics'.

Spider-man was always most iconic when he was in college. Struggling to pay rent, living in dorms or with roommates. Enough freedom that he could skip school without teachers calling aunt may and no curfew to have to dodge... He was a young man trying to make his way in the world... Not a 'kid'. He wasn't a kid for long at all. It would be like every Captain America appearance wanting to take him back to WWII....

BANNED

Cuz Spidey is the eternal teenager superhero. And adding a new young male to suceed peters youthful problems and role in the wider marvel universe scope ruins Peters young self insert appeal. He'd be forced to......grow up. Marvel can't have that.

There is now.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets