Fantastic Member

Default Can ships really break fandoms? Or are fans stronger than that?

https://www.cbr.com/ships-that-almos...erhero-fandom/

I have to say that I don't really agree with this article at all. The only one that came close was when DC stupidly broke up Superman/Lois Lane in the New 52 and put him with Wonder Woman. Superman has only one soulmate: Lois Lane. That's it. No one else can come close. All fans knew this for a fact and made it very clear.

Olicity is breaking fandom only in terms of how it has turned people off of Arrow.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Well, for me, I will not accept anyone who likes Bendis Shadowcat as a true Shadowcat fan. Starlord has nothing to do with it. Blech!

I am kidding... but only a little.

Generally, I think we might fight a lot, but eventually go back to our corners to bask in the awesomeness of our fave characters. Most of us are better fans than that.

I'm really done with Piotr, too, and I never liked Wisdom. I actually liked her comment not too long ago that she should swear off "men" named Peter.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-20-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

What about Batman?
    BB

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/ships-that-almos...erhero-fandom/

I have to say that I don't really agree with this article at all. The only one that came close was when DC stupidly broke up Superman/Lois Lane in the New 52 and put him with Wonder Woman. Superman has only one soulmate: Lois Lane. That's it. No one else can come close. All fans knew this for a fact and made it very clear.
    While I didn't have a problem with the Clark-Diana pairing, it was obvious from the start the most famous and long-lasting comic-book relationship of them all was never going to disappear.

Olicity is breaking fandom only in terms of how it has turned people off of Arrow.
    Yep.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?