View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coyotes #2

0 0%
  • Kingsman: The Red Diamond #4 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Maestros #3

3 42.86%
  • Port of Earth #2

1 14.29%
  • Retcon #4 (of 4) [series finale]

0 0%
  • Royal City #8

0 0%
  • Rumble #1 [series premiere]

2 28.57%
  • Slots #3

1 14.29%
  • The Wicked + The Divine Christmas Annual #1 [one shot]

0 0%
  • Youngblood #7

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 50 - Relaunch Rumbles & the Wic/Div X-mas Special!

It's week 50 everyone. Limping to the finish of the year 2017, we can't forget to have a quick vote in the poll!

Last week's winner was a (relative) newcomer; the Witchblade relaunch proved popular enough to snatch the title!

This week is a very modest one, comparatively, with just four noteworthy issues: Royal City and Youngblood are starting new story arcs, Coyotes is reprinting its first issue, and Retcon gets... Well... Retconned out as announced, I expect?

Returning to the topic of relaunches though, Rumble relaunches this week! The John Arcudi-written now has David Rubin on art so is bound to continue looking gorgeous, and it'll probably be funny too. Rumble is a great read y'all, consider giving thins a try!

Also new this week is The Wicked + The Divine Christmas Annual, which I fully expect to be nothing but fan service, but should be a good time nonetheless!

Rumble cover.jpg WicDiv cover.jpg

Amazing Member

Very light week of books on my pull list. Very glad that Rumble is back, and excited to see what it looks like and where it will head toward now. I liked the first issue of port of earth so I am hoping it gets more interesting as it develops. Looking at the next few weeks as the year wraps up, they too seem a little light on books that I love to see. Hoping that 2018 will see a ramp up on everything

Only Rumble this week.

David Rubin is great, which is why I checked it out, but for a #1 it carried a lot of continuity I didn't follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Only Rumble this week.

David Rubin is great, which is why I checked it out, but for a #1 it carried a lot of continuity I didn't follow.
    Yup, same here. I've tried a few separate issues of this in the past so I knew things about a legendary sword and the main character living in this new decaying body while someone (something?) else has the real body...? But yeah, not the best entrypoint, I think they might have just relaunched to indicate the new artist, and hopefully boost some sales.

That said, I think Rumble is one of those types of series - kind of like Hellboy and BPRD, to draw an obvious comparison - where you don't really need to know the backstory if you just kinda go with the flow of the weird stuff occurring. It would enhance the experience for sure, but it's entertaining enough at face value, I think.

I agree with that comparison, to an extent. I grew up buying random issues of long running series and having no idea what was going on, or had gone on. You know, having to dig through back issue bins to fill out the collection and see what had happened. So kind of jumping in mid story shouldn't be a problem for me.

This though, I don't know, it felt like it wanted to be an entry point, but it just didn't work. I think part of it was that it was almost all backstory. If not completely backstory. Maybe just throw me into the present with some action, and fill in the back story later? (like Hellboy does)

I'm not one and done with this, but it wasn't very compelling from a "1st issue" standpoint, unfortunately.