Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wonder Woman 36 SPOILERS

I like this artist and the pacing was much better. Some dialogue aside, we`re finally moving the confrontation forward but I can feel some of you won`t exactly be pleased with the cliffhanger, even if it is one some of us saw it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    ...I can feel some of you won`t exactly be pleased with the cliffhanger, even if it is one some of us saw it coming.
    Or because some of us saw it coming.

"The daughter of Zeus battles the daughter of Darkseid, but it's only a warm-up for the main bout: ZEUS VS. DARKSEID! Father-god vs. father-god!" Meanwhile the mothers are (a) dead, or (b) stuck on an island babysitting Zeus's son Ares. I could go on, but I'd just be repeating myself. And maybe they'll subvert this trope next issue...

And Jason is the whiniest little brat I've seen in a while. Glaucus didn't really do a very good job with him.

EDIT: Removed spoiler tags now that it's a spoiler thread.
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 12-13-2017 at 09:22 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've almost come to regret being so harsh on Lennox in the past.

I would take him (and Siracca and Milan, but above all others Donna) over Jason any day of the freakin weak.

Ugh. Robinson's voice for Diana is all wrong. I was cringing throughout the whole issue.
    And Jason being manipulated by Grail and then seeing the voice of reason is just SO cliche and wasn't even written well.
    DC really have no clue what to do with Wonder Woman. Rucka's retcon was a big mistake and Jason is yet another bad step.
    I think I'll stick to TPBs of Perez's run until they get their act together. If they ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I would take him (and Siracca and Milan, but above all others Donna) over Jason any day of the freakin weak.
    A veteran superhero, with one, singular weakness - cracking apart, like an egg - who has access to a superhero sister, with indestructible, force-field bracelets, and the Hephaestus, the Greek GOD of weaponsmiths, ..but asks NEITHER for help, solving his problem is pretty ridiculous. Lennox, even if he never bounced so much as an acorn off of them, could have asked Diana or the Smith to hook him up with a pair of indestructible arm-bands, the force-field of which might have, at least, held him together in a fight. In fact, if there was ever a justification for a MAN being outfitted with a similar pair of indestructible, Amazon-style bracelets, Lennox was probably it...and how did he die, again?

No, don't think you were too harsh on 'Lummox', ..and I'll take my chances with Jason or Hooper.

I'm not crazy about the ending of #36, however. I'd rather have seen Jason and Diana team up and take down Darkseid, without any help from Zeus.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-13-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Does anyone think Diana and Giganta dated in the past? When said “me and her” now “you and her”

BANNED

Trope as it may, there`s no way I`d pick Donna over Jason. Jason`s whinny antics can be salvaged as of yet. Donna is just baggage years worth of dull charaterization.

She`s a character whose origin the creators are at loss to make it work without the brand name of say Hawkman.

No one can fix Donna in Rebirth. Everything is a mess.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-13-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Me, too. I don't like the Zeus-daddy-drama, but, Azzarello did a much better job with the new siblings. I can only stomach Jason as parody (even funnier that it's not intentional) and because I'm not buying it.

I hate the sex-pirate baby-killing Amazons, but, if we could toss that out, I'd take Azzarello over Johns-Robinson (so far?).

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    And Jason is the whiniest little brat I've seen in a while.
    Diana: You cry so much, it's no wonder mom gave you away.
    Last edited by Awonder; 12-13-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

At least Azzarello's run was bold and certainly not mediocre, you either loved it or you loved to hate it. However, this, you can't love or love to hate, it's just rubbish

Spectacular Member

I didn't mind Jason as a concept, but this hasn't been executed very well. His bipolar behavior from being very apathetic towards Diana, then he wanted to murder her for some reason, and now hes having some coming to Jesus moment. I'm not really understanding his behavior since the story is moving too fast to show character consistency.

Also did not like Zeus showing up at all and having to save Diana. Kind of ruined Jason's coming to Jesus moment.
    Last edited by Fenix; 12-13-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I didn't mind Jason as a concept, but this hasn't been executed very well. His bipolar behavior from being very apathetic towards Diana, then he wanted to murder her for some reason, and now hes having some coming to Jesus moment. I'm not really understanding his behavior.

Also did not like Zeus showing up at all and having to save Diana. Kind of ruined Jason's coming to Jesus moment.
    or Grail's. First she's out to kill her father, then she mothers him and now she takes orders from him

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I thought this issue was a step up both writing and art-wise from previous issues. I love how Diana played possum and then just busted out of those restraints and nearly took down both Grail and Jason until teen-Darkseid interviewed. The cliffhanger ending was a nice touch and I'm really looking forward to the battle between Darkseid and Zeus next issue. The only thing I didn't like about this issue was that Robinson's dialogue for Diana was similar to Azzarello's. One minute she's all about love and family and the next is all about busting heads but hey, at least she didn't call anyone a b_tch or threaten to castrate anyone so I guess this is a plus.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Zeus showing up worried me, very much. Being the father of she, who is 'second ONLY to Superman, in power', he should be shown as Darkseid's equal or, somehow, beyond his reach or understanding. However, given the track record of how the Olympians have been portrayed in the DCU, ..don't hold your breath.

If Jason gets a magic suit of armor or uniform out of this 'Zeus ex machina' [LOL] scene, I'll be happy enough...

That and a giant, armored, talking tiger.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-13-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Liked this one, Zeus reveal was cool. I don't have any worry that he's going to be some big male savior though. I still think Diana wins the day. In fact I anticipate Zeus losing and being drained enough by Darkseid enough to regain his normal form.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El