Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Thought this was better than the last couple of issues with more interesting stuff happening and a nice surprise at the end.

Pagulayan's artwork is amazing obviously.

I really want Zeus to pack this guy off to Apokolips with one lightning strike, ..but doubt that's how it'll go down. The Olympians get such a raw deal in DCU.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

This was appallingly bad, the only thing that could redeem it is the reveal that it's another lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This was appallingly bad, the only thing that could redeem it is the reveal that it's another lie.
    To each their own.

I thought it was solid, and showed that Jason isn't beyond redemption. And that he was being manipulated (possibly having his mind screwed with) by Grail and Darkseid. We got Diana in it again, and center to the story. We had her show off her crazy levels of strength. And we had Zeus show a rare moment of fatherly protection (still wish it had been almost anyone else but him, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    To each their own.

I thought it was solid, and showed that Jason isn't beyond redemption. And that he was being manipulated (possibly having his mind screwed with) by Grail and Darkseid. We got Diana in it again, and center to the story. We had her show off her crazy levels of strength. And we had Zeus show a rare moment of fatherly protection (still wish it had been almost anyone else but him, though).
    I liked it better than the last few issues and was gratified to see that my (and others') prediction of the Zeus reveal was on the money.

I'm hoping that it will take the whole family to take down Darkseid and that this will lay some foundation for Diana, Jason, and Zeus to have a bond forged in crisis that will play out in future storylines.

Mighty Member

To each their own.

What was the crazy feat of strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    What was the crazy feat of strength?
    I said "crazy levels of strength", in that she overpowered her restraints and 2 other demi-Gods.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I liked it better than the last few issues and was gratified to see that my (and others') prediction of the Zeus reveal was on the money.

I'm hoping that it will take the whole family to take down Darkseid and that this will lay some foundation for Diana, Jason, and Zeus to have a bond forged in crisis that will play out in future storylines.
    Kudos to you, Astroman, for being the first (that I saw) to call it.

But, no, I don't find it gratifying.

As for the "whole family"? Um, aren't you, not unlike this story, neglecting Diana's most important family member? Hippolyta deserves better than being treated as a second place after thought in this cliche mess of a story. If it were up to me, I'd fire Robinson, but, it's actually DC (to no surprise) that's primarily to blame.

It was probably the best issue since the run began, though I'm still not wholly invested in it. I don't see any reason to care for Jason, Grail, the run is still essentially a spin off of some Snyder jank, and we are now entering a problematic trend now where the great reveal in a Wonder Woman run is, "Oh look its Zeus!" There is some good art though and I do like seeing Giganta, even if she is basically a talking head.

Are we getting the Silver Swan arc after the next issue?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

To each their own.

I felt everything was too predictable and simplistic. Much like the issue where Diana finds Jason, things happen conveniently and at a very rushed pace. It seems this entire arc has been written to reach a specific end goal, with no real desire to challenge the reader along the way. There's no guile, no suspense, nor even clever repartee to distract from the flaws in the story.

What exactly is Jason's problem and why is he so angry? (Probably because he was brainwashed by Darkseid after his encounter with the Deep Six, but why and to what purpose?)

Where has Zeus been since we last saw him as a baby?

Where is the lasso?

Why cant Diana see that reasoning with Jason isn't a lost cause? Clearly Grail hits her to shut her up every time her words almost reach him.

There has to be another shoe to drop, because I can't believe James Robinson would give us such a straight forward and unsophisticated effort in 2017. I've read bronze age stories with more depth.

If the climax and aftermath play out like I expect, with Zeus releasing the energy of his children from Darkseid thus restoring them to life, this run will be as corny as this issue's Zeus reveal, complete with lightning bolt in hand and his own font.

Did that even happen? I thought it was just part of The Lie.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Darkseid adult design is cool.. He started to absorb Wonderwoman powers, no? He looked older in one of the last images..

The father took care of the son and the mother of the daughter..

I never imaginated his true identity.. Is not the same that talked with Wonderwoman about Hercules fortune? I suspected that he was a god or a similar thing because he talked with Darkseid as if nothing, but I imaginated this man sacrifice for save his son...

Zeus death in 3, 2, 1.. 0... Is a shame because he should know where are the Amazons.. But I doubt that Darkseid will leave this place without his Full Power..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-14-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Did that even happen? I thought it was just part of The Lie.
    In story, Diana saves baby Zeke(seemingly at the cost of her life) in the final issue of the "New52"-era. After the save, Zeus pops up fully grown with a totally healthy Diana in tow.

As Doctor pointed out, this may or may not have been undone/never happened at all/whatever during "Rebirth".

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've almost come to regret being so harsh on Lennox in the past.

I would take him (and Siracca and Milan, but above all others Donna) over Jason any day of the freakin weak.
    Ditto. Jason is probably one of the most obnoxious additions to the WW cast ever! I have never sped-read an issue like this is ages. Here's hoping Jason makes the "ultimate sacrifice" at the end this story so that he is never seen or heard from again.

Didn't like it, but no surprise there.

I'm almost positive Zeus is going to bite the big one next issue.

I didn't hate Diana's characterization shockingly enough. She had some pretty good moments. Jason as we all expected is following step by step the most cliche character development. We literally just had this two years ago with Donna Troy, I don't know why they thought it would be a good time to do this again.

Giganta helping Darkseid wasn't that surprising, but it was disappointing. I was hoping for her to have a bigger role than "generic thug #2."