Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 1,096 to 1,102 of 1102
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    But young kids liked them.

So Lucasfilms got 2 TV movies and 2 seasons worth of cartoons out of the Ewoks, all while the hardcore fandom hated them.

In my opinion, if there had been Youtube around in '84 the "RotJ is the worst movie in the original trilogy" fan narrative would have started immediately,
    instead of waiting until the video rereleases to start.

Everybody with a camera or a keyboard has a platform to vent instantly now.
    Nevermind all the crazy theories about Boba Fett's real identity and the fan rage about him being dispatched by a blind man, accidentally, broke the "promise" of him being a mysterious new Darth Vader level villain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Nevermind all the crazy theories about Boba Fett's real identity and the fan rage about him being dispatched by a blind man, accidentally, broke the "promise" of him being a mysterious new Darth Vader level villain.
    People are still mad about that one too.

The whole "the sequel in my head was better than the sequel that we got and I'm mad about it" syndrome isn't anything new for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I felt Rogue One had depth by adding moral ambiguity to the Rebels. I'm ok with depth, i just felt TLJ wasn't deep nor very entertaining. I loved Bladrunner 2049 BTW, for what it's worth

Yeah i do remember people being pissed about the Ewoks, til this day even lol
    I actually felt Rogue One had almost no depth. Probably cause I focus more on characters. But it just introduced a ton of characters that were visually cool and gave them \ very little explanation or motivations (with the exceptions of Jyn and Cassian). The movie to me got by on amazing visuals, not story. I did like it, but thought it said very little outside its particular narrative.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I actually felt Rogue One had almost no depth. Probably cause I focus more on characters. But it just introduced a ton of characters that were visually cool and gave them \ very little explanation or motivations (with the exceptions of Jyn and Cassian). The movie to me got by on amazing visuals, not story. I did like it, but thought it said very little outside its particular narrative.
    Yeah, when you know how it will end you need to have characters you can get attached to.

In RO I only cared for the robot.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Yeah, when you know how it will end you need to have characters you can get attached to.

In RO I only cared for the robot.
    Maybe I read more into the characters than was there, but I thought Chirrut Îmwe's motivations were pretty plain and engaging. I would have liked more exposition on him, but I found his story as one of the last of the true believers compelling.

Finally got to see last Jedi and I was impressed despite being really disappointed in FA I like this one way better. Even though I felt it drugged on too long...

jedi seppuko or just another costum change?
    not a big fan of lrmo in general, but the costum changes are valid questions.
    luke having his fancy cloth day at the end of TFA?
    meta? RJ didnīt care for the previous work?

https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars...-his-own-life/

and no, rey just arriving in that moment is not out of character for the star wars universe.
    hate the idea of official jedi ropes anyway. uncle owen must be lucky nobody misinterpreted him as a jedi much ealier, and kill him therefore

so what are jedi rituals?

mr. hidalgo, you have a small company dedicated to this kinda of stuff. and of course all your ideas make more sense then ours. so plz tell me more about jedi rituals, hyperspace and bb8 piloting atasīs

(no, i wonīt accept to buy a book or a comic as an answer)
    Last edited by abulafia; 02-03-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.