Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Default A Metropolis prequel....lord help us...

Its actually something i am interested in. Definitely more then that Krypton series. I won't count it out. It can be good. Has potential to be bad too. And Lois Lane as the lead is something i am looking forward to.

BANNED

Reading the title I thought this was a prequel to the 1927 movie, and I'm like "How can you not be excited for this!"

But yeah....no thanks.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yea, I'm not interested for now.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Literally who the hell asks for these prequel series. they always turn out awful and pointless and they're full of stupid teases and easter eggs without actually showing anything of substance. It's all crap. Why not adapt something that hasn't been done before. Dumb dumb dumb

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Reading the title I thought this was a prequel to the 1927 movie, and I'm like "How can you not be excited for this!"
    LOL, my first reaction as well, to a T.

Hell, a prequel to the 1927 movie directed by Ava DuVernay would make me cry happy tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    LOL, my first reaction as well, to a T.

Hell, a prequel to the 1927 movie directed by Ava DuVernay would make me cry happy tears.
    Considering what it would likely be in today's movie making, not sure it would be anything worth waiting for. A show with Lois Lane as the lead is interesting. Too bad it can't be set in the 1930s and too bad they won't cast Erica Durance.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Considering what it would likely be in today's movie making, not sure it would be anything worth waiting for. A show with Lois Lane as the lead is interesting. Too bad it can't be set in the 1930s and too bad they won't cast Erica Durance.
    Well, Metropolis was a visual feast for the mind and soul with virtually unprecedented movie magic back in the 1920s. A lot of special effects we take for granted came from that movie. But the trailer for A Wrinkle in Time got one heck of a response from me (and every theater audience I'm with), and I feel like if anyone today would have the innovation and imagination to make the German sci-fi expressionist Metropolis movie really stand out with a more modern update, it would be DuVernay. It's hard to believe the original is 90 years old.

Yeah... I'm not optimistic about the chances of Krypton's Survival

Is this set in the DCEU continuity?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Is this set in the DCEU continuity?
    No, it's a companion series to Gotham

Really excited for all this Superman stuff that doesn't have Superman in it.*

*this is not true.

Incredible Member

From the producers of Gotham?

I don't know how to feel on this. I haven't watched Gotham in a while (heard it has gotten better) but one of the issues with the show for me is that it want's to be a Batman show without Batman which drags it down. Gotham has introduced nearly all of Batman's most famous rouges and Bruce is still teenager. I feel like Metropolis would follow the same beats with a bunch of Superman rouges being freaks of the week and Lois having a similar role that Jim Gordon does on Gotham.

Spectacular Member

"Before the arrival of Superman"...to what extent? Before Kal-El arrives on Earth or before Clark arrives in Metropolis?