Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1102

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    it was not about his gambling. it was him selling them out to the FO
    Uh no! Did you even watch the movie?

The alien with the Texas draw (JGL's cameo BTW) is the one that gets Finn and Rose arrested. Justin Theroux's codebreaker was busy gambling and told his "lovie" ... "Not now." She clearly saw Finn in a Resistance jacket and was trying to get the codebreaker's attention but he was on a roll ...

I think you need to watch the movie again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The ship was crippled, not collapsing. It was too big to fail.
    no power core threatening to collapse? must have been some other companiesīs design than the executioner, DSI, DSII and SKB.

yet chewie picked her up in the middle of a warzone among the enemyīs controlled area.
    but i guess thatīs something chewie does for breakfast, no need to show it.
    WHAT A WOOKIE!
    Last edited by abulafia; 01-04-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Uh no! Did you even watch the movie?

The alien with the Texas draw (JGL's cameo BTW) is the one that gets Finn and Rose arrested. Justin Theroux's codebreaker was busy gambling and told his "lovie" ... "Not now." She clearly saw Finn in a Resistance jacket and was trying to get the codebreaker's attention but he was on a roll ...

I think you need to watch the movie again.
    JGL? anyway i might have missed this sequence. it was just of my minor complains. ok, i take that from the list
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

JGL? anyway i might have missed this sequence. it was just of my minor complains. ok, i take that from the list
    Joseph Gordon Levitt.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Or there's a substantial timeskip, allowing Rey time to begin rebuilding the Jedi Order while the Resistance gathers support.

Followed by an epic confrontation between Rey and Kylo as a now fully-realized villain.
    It is JJ so we are going to get a remake of ROTJ. Ewoks will save the day have a party then episode 10 we will find out she started rebuilding the order, but failed. The evil group will battle the Alliance. Finn and Rey die in episode 10 and everything from the last 9 movies are erased because they all failed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    It is JJ so we are going to get a remake of ROTJ. .
    God I hope not. ROTJ is my least favorite Star Wars film this side of EWOKS.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

suicide is ok kids. for the right reasons ofc/sarcasm off
    Luke didn't commit suicide. He over-exerted himself with the Force projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    That helps quite a bit, as far as understanding where Luke is coming from, and I wish the movie had made that more clear. Perhaps it was covered in TFA and I missed it? Anyway, in that short of a timeframe away his actions make more sense and are more heroic.
    I think there are things that aren't clear in TFA and TLJ where you have to fill in the blanks.

Watching TFA, I was under the impression that Luke had been MIA for at least a decade. But that doesn't work when you actually crunch the numbers.

Kylo Ren seems to be in his early twenties. I think Luke's official age is 55. If Luke confronted Kylo when his pupil was around nineteen, he might only have been MIA for three to five years, if that.

That means the First Order became a major power during the era when Luke was training his students. That doesn't fall on him, but on the New Republic, which failed to recognize the danger the FO posed until it was too late. (That's why Leia had to form an underground Resistance that wasn't officially sanctioned.) The destruction of the New Republic's capital tipped the balance of power toward the FO. Luke couldn't have single-handedly taken down the FO even if he tried. He was only able to hasten the Empire's destruction by turning his father to the light, but Kylo Ren isn't redeemable. So if he'd confronted Kylo in an effort to turn him he'd likely have died and then he'd never have been around to save the Resistance on Crait.

But however long Luke was on Achh-To, the important thing is he overcame a debilitating psychological trauma to save the Resistance. In my mind, that makes him even more a hero than he already was.

Luke didn't commit suicide. He over-exerted himself with the Force projection.
    knowing that it would kill his mortal shell nevertheless.
    isnīt my opinion, just saying that you could read it that way.
    worried about all these emotionally challenged kids out there...

BANNED

Kylo Ren seems to be in his early twenties. I think Luke's official age is 55. If Luke confronted Kylo when his pupil was around nineteen, he might only have been MIA for three to five years, if that.
    Adam Driver is older than he looks, he and Kylo Ren are about 30.

Luke probably is around 60. Whatever age he was at the end of Return Of the Jedi + 30ish. And he's probably been missing for about a decade.

knowing that it would kill his mortal shell nevertheless.
    isnīt my opinion, just saying that you could read it that way.
    worried about all these emotionally challenged kids out there...
    I don't think there's any indication that he knew (after all, the last time we saw him on screen before the big showdown, there was a bit of conflict).

It could be that Luke accepted there was a chance of dying. If he did it and lived, great! If he did it and died, then that's the cost. But that's a bit different than Randy Quaid flying into the mothership in Independence Day, or Obi-Wan in ANH, for that matter.

But in any case, most teen suicides are from depression and to escape pain. Very few suicides among teenagers are made for selfless reasons, and even then, on the one-off chance that a teen tries to frame their suicide as heroic, it's obvious that they're using it as a mask to hide the pain that they seek to escape from. Luke had no such pain, even with his regret about Ben Solo -- he liked his seclusion, otherwise he would have done it sooner. If Luke isn't in deep depression (traumatized, but he still had his pride), if there's no indication or foreshadowing towards a final end, if a good chunk of the arc was to try to convince Luke to help the Rebellion once more (which he ultimately did), then no, I don't think it could be read as Suicidal Luke. He's a Jedi Knight, not Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-04-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Adam Driver is older than he looks, he and Kylo Ren are about 30.

Luke probably is around 60. Whatever age he was at the end of Return Of the Jedi + 30ish. And he's probably been missing for about a decade.
    I don't think there's an official age for Kylo, but it stand to reason he's in his early twenties the way he's portrayed.

I believe Mark Hamill has said Luke is 55 in TLJ.

TFA and TLJ take place exactly 30 years after the Battle of Endor.

Rey was born 11 years after Endor making her 19 years old. Same age as Luke in ANH.

Ben Solo (Kylo Ren) was born 1 year after Endor making him 29.

Per source books.

Also, Adam Driver is 34 IRL!

Aside, Johnson and JJ have both said IX will have a time jump.

With the death of Carrie, the proposed time jump of 3-5 years is now being talked about as 8-10+ to allow for the peaceful passing of Leia.

It sounds like they want a giant war between the Second Order and the Resistance.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-04-2018 at 04:58 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    It is JJ so we are going to get a remake of ROTJ. Ewoks will save the day have a party then episode 10 we will find out she started rebuilding the order, but failed. The evil group will battle the Alliance. Finn and Rey die in episode 10 and everything from the last 9 movies are erased because they all failed again.
    So goes the STAR WARS Galaxy. The EU stuff no longer counts, but when it did, the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force had been at it for literally tens of thousands of years before the Skywalkers came on the scene. The STAR WARS were apparently far more extensive at both ends of the timeline than the decades that the movies focus on.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

I don't think there's an official age for Kylo, but it stand to reason he's in his early twenties the way he's portrayed.

I believe Mark Hamill has said Luke is 55 in TLJ.
    going by the official timeline...

Ben Solo was born 5 ABY (After Battle of Yavin). The Force Awakens starts in 34 ABY.

Ben turned and Luke went into exile in 28 ABY.

Luke was born 19 BBY.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    So goes the STAR WARS Galaxy. The EU stuff no longer counts, but when it did, the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force had been at it for literally tens of thousands of years before the Skywalkers came on the scene. The STAR WARS were apparently far more extensive at both ends of the timeline than the decades that the movies focus on.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I want them to explore all outside of the small chunk they have focused on. I am all for more light vs dark side over the years, but with no Skywalker or Yoda I want something like the first Knights of The Old Republic game go explore something outside of the Skywalker related drama.