Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So if we ever needed to have it, you could have a Skywalker manifesting a decendant and technically yes, they would be a Skywalker.
    How would they be a Skywalker and not a random person?
    That's not how families work.

Technically, Finn does have a last name: 2187. Remember, his first name is pretty much Poe taking his FN designation and turning it into a regular name. It's possible his long-lost family had given him an entirely different name as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    And even then if we take Darth Plagueis as an actual character, it wasn't uncommon knowledge to the Sith that they could create life from the Force.
    It wasn't common knowledge to the Sith and Plagueis couldn't create life from the Force. Palpatine is a liar. Read the Darth Plagueis novel.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    It wasn't common knowledge to the Sith and Plagueis couldn't create life from the Force. Palpatine is a liar. Read the Darth Plagueis novel.
    That novel isn't canon anymore. Whatever limits it set may or may not apply now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That novel isn't canon anymore. Whatever limits it set may or may not apply now.
    Good thing too. It reduced Palpatine from a master villain to some backstabbing little weasel who was still just an apprentice for most of The Phantom Menace, and later was just carrying out some other dude's plan.

New Review from the one a lot were waiting for

a stormtrooper padding finn on the ass?
    i lost all of the little respect i had for tlj
    Last edited by abulafia; 08-28-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Good thing too. It reduced Palpatine from a master villain to some backstabbing little weasel who was still just an apprentice for most of The Phantom Menace, and later was just carrying out some other dude's plan.
    Yeah, Plagueis being alive around TPM completely turned me off. Very stupid move. The character should be dead many decades by the time of the general time period of that film. The way Palaptine frames the story in Revenge of the Sith, it gives the feel of a very old story, which gives the whole backstory of Palpatine and the Sith extra depth as it shows just how long these plans have been in motion and just how long Sidious has been "the guy". That novel turns the "Legend of Darth Plagueis" into events that are barely ten years old.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-30-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    a stormtrooper padding finn on the ass?
    i lost all of the little respect i had for tlj
    This was one of the original 'leaks' from TLJ, although the scene was ultimately cut out of the film (It's on the blu ray though).

The Stormtrooper is actually Tom Hardy, in a similar fashion to Daniel Craig's TFA cameo. Basically Finn gets all nervous that he's recognized by another trooper, but apparently the trooper didn't get the memo that he defected and just assumes that Finn got promoted due to his uniform.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    This was one of the original 'leaks' from TLJ, although the scene was ultimately cut out of the film (It's on the blu ray though).

The Stormtrooper is actually Tom Hardy, in a similar fashion to Daniel Craig's TFA cameo. Basically Finn gets all nervous that he's recognized by another trooper, but apparently the trooper didn't get the memo that he defected and just assumes that Finn got promoted due to his uniform.
    oh. and i assumed that it was prince harry.
    but the idea alone that someone would write such a scene and even film it...
    #notmyevilemipre
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Not quite. The final twist at the very end was that Palpatine was the mastermind the whole time and manipulated Palgueis not only in doing his bidding, but also thinking he had been the mastermind the whole time. Not a fan of the novel, so I can do without it, myself.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

TLJ is currently the best-selling Bluray of 2018, outselling Black Panther and Thor Ragnorock by a significant amount.

http://screencrush.com/blu-ray-sales...ars-last-jedi/

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    TLJ is currently the best-selling Bluray of 2018, outselling Black Panther and Thor Ragnorock by a significant amount.

BUT IT WAS TEH FAILZZZ!!1ONE!

Sheesh ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Sheesh ...
    I think the people trying to argue that TLJ was a financial failure seem to be the ones least interested in an honest conversation about it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Sheesh ...
    The problem is, though, that Star Wars: The Last Jedi had two more months to sell than Black Panther so who knows how well the two movies would sell head to head if they started at the exact same date. Also, you have to take into account that Star Wars: The Last Jedi is lagging significantly behind The Force Awakens, both in box office as well as in Blu-Ray and DVD in sales. And there is also the results of what came after: the decrease in merchandising sales and the bombing of Solo: A Star Wars Story which, depending on who you listen to, lost anywhere from 80 to 200 million dollars (most sites I've seen indicate that it lost around 100-120 million). I think that ultimately Episode IX and how it's received will determine The Last Jedi's place in Star Wars history as merely a small blip, or the thing that potentially killed the Star Wars franchise. Heck, I didn't hate The Last Jedi at all (though I don't like how they wrote Luke. He would not have even considered killing Ben when Ben had yet to actually do anything wrong, not after saving Anakin, who had tortured his sister on more than one occasion, killed his mentor, helped destroy Alderaan, and murdered children with his own hands), but my final verdict on it will be determined by Episode IX, which, in my mind, should not be the case. But it is.