Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Does this mean that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be reinstated as Magneto's kids in the comics?

Will we be getting a Fantastic Four movie or will that Future Foundation movie with Franklin and Valeria take presedence?

Also...

These hitters are finally able to be in the MCU.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 12-14-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Fixed that for you...

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Dislike monopolies but...

1. The uncanny Inhumans will go back to their roots instead of being mishandled and treated like they're moon mutants.
    2. F4 will no longer be abused. Instead see their return.
    3. Mutants will no longer be bullied.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Also...

Norman Osborn has to be salty as hell no one invited him to join the Green and Purple Patrol.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

So excited about this. The x-men movies in general were so terrible aside from the first two and DOFP. Hopefully things will be better for the x characters and less a wolverine and mystique centric movieverse

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Does this mean that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be reinstated as Magneto's kids in the comics?
    Now that is a very good question. I hope so because it was a pretty silly think to do just to align the comics with the MCU.

Btw, I can't wait for the MCU to do the Silver Surfer justice.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Norman Osborn has to be salty as hell no one invited him to join the Green and Purple Patrol.
    HAHA!

He can meet up with Brainiac and the Joker for the DC gathering of Violet and Verdant Villains. Hahaha

This is a huge boost for Disney's sci-fi holdings.

X-Files, all the AvP stuff I've mentioned, Fringe, Firefly...

Obviously the X-Men FF stuff is important.

But this could breathe new life into a lot of beloved franchises that Fox has let languish.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Will we be getting a Fantastic Four movie or will that Future Foundation movie with Franklin and Valeria take presedence?

Also...

These hitters are finally able to be in the MCU.
    Truthfully, the thing I'm probably most excited about is marvel getting the rights to the FF villains.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Truthfully, the thing I'm probably most excited about is marvel getting the rights to the FF villains.
    Same, bring on the Annihilation Wave!
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    That's the issue. Are we still going to get that or just more JEAAAAN and Sniktbub
    The main movies were already this, so it'd just be more of the same if Disney disappoints. The answer really depends on who they assign as the director, Singer couldn't handle an ensemble and IMO never really gave us an X-Men movie.

Someone like the Russo brothers who can handle an actual ensemble cast like they have in Captain America Civil War would go a long way to making the films feel like X-Films instead of Wolverine feat. X-Men.

As for the spin-off films, I don't see why not. If you think about it, the solo movies for Captain America, Iron Man, etc... are basically the Avengers spin-offs (or vice versa).

BANNED

I have to admit...my understanding of corporate law and economics and whatever-else-related-to-the-topic is rather limited...but...can someone explain how this creates a monopoly? I see the phrase parroted a lot (in reference to this deal), but no real discussion centered on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    This is a huge boost for Disney's sci-fi holdings.

X-Files, all the AvP stuff I've mentioned, Fringe, Firefly...

Obviously the X-Men FF stuff is important.

But this could breathe new life into a lot of beloved franchises that Fox has let languish.
    Bro, I forgot all about Firefly! Hopefully Disney brings that show back!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I have to admit...my understanding of corporate law and economics and whatever-else-related-to-the-topic is rather limited...but...can someone explain how this creates a monopoly? I see the phrase parroted a lot (in reference to this deal), but no real discussion centered on it.
    Simply put, it doesn't create a Monopoly.

It's getting kinda tiresome to see the constant outrage concerning the "monopoly" thats supposedly coming. As tiresome as the years long bitching about Marvel not owning the rights to all their characters.

It's not a move towards achieving a monopoly, there are at least another 5 studios that can and will compete with them. Even in the case that Fox content gets homogeinized with Disneys, this will improve the opportunities of other studios by shifting their focus to the adult oriented niche Fox previously occupied.

This is not a petty move made exclusively to recover the F4 and XMen franchises from FOX. It's about acquiring strategic assets that Disney doesn't have, to better position themselves towards the future of the entertainment industry. It is not disneys fault that the industry is now shifting towards streaming services, you can't blame them for wanting to compete within the environment that others such as Netflix, HBO and Amazon to name a few have created. By purchasing FOX they have acquired their own streaming platform and an extensive library of content so they can compete with Netflix right away.

Surely this will decrease the total amount of movies released per year, given disneys history of preferring quality over quantity, but one also has to ponder exactly what kind of productions are being released right now. For each original piece of content we get 10 unsufferable remakes that i wouldn't mind at all to see disappear.

Plus I don't think rated R properties will be banned from production. They will probably be made under a different umbrella, sure, but anything that makes money Disney will continue producing. It's not like they are flushing Kingsman, Alien, Predator and so on down the toilet. If its profitable they will find a way to make it work.

Furthermore, this has not been an hostile takeover by the house of the mouse, FOX was looking to sell and the baggage they had to offer fits perfectly with the needs of Disney as a business. In a free market economic environment this is a move that happens all the time without most of us not even realizing it.

An concerning the movies they are going to make...remember they purchased Star Wars and made some brilliant movies with the license. In fact, they did a much better job than its original creator did. And that is not an isolated case, they have made the same with every license they have got their hands on. MCU, recently Spiderman, etc... So at least they have earned themselves a big degree of trust, particularly when you couple it with the bunch of god awful flicks FOX made only to stamp the F4 or X-Men label on them and shove them down the audiences collective throats.

The concern about the "minor" characters that are going to get sidelined in favor of introducing the mutants is also nonsensical. Not only will they be able to double their movie output per year if they want to, they will also have a neat streaming service of their own where they can produce their own shows and direct to TV movies. The superhero movie industry is turning an unprecedented profit, it's here to stay and to date, no one has done it better and made it more profitable than marvel/disney. If anything I see more and more properties being developed in one form or another, not less.

On a side note, I hope this deal has Disney reviving Firefly (Fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Seems like you are in the same boat as me. I'm FAR more interested in the new (or languishing) properties Disney just picked up over the Marvel related stuff.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Simply put, it doesn't create a Monopoly.

It's getting kinda tiresome to see the constant outrage concerning the "monopoly" thats supposedly coming. As tiresome as the years long bitching about Marvel not owning the rights to all their characters.

It's not a move towards achieving a monopoly, there are at least another 5 studios that can and will compete with them. Even in the case that Fox content gets homogeinized with Disneys, this will improve the opportunities of other studios by shifting their focus to the adult oriented niche Fox previously occupied.

This is not a petty move made exclusively to recover the F4 and XMen franchises from FOX. It's about acquiring strategic assets that Disney doesn't have, to better position themselves towards the future of the entertainment industry. It is not disneys fault that the industry is now shifting towards streaming services, you can't blame them for wanting to compete within the environment that others such as Netflix, HBO and Amazon to name a few have created. By purchasing FOX they have acquired their own streaming platform and an extensive library of content so they can compete with Netflix right away.

Surely this will decrease the total amount of movies released per year, given disneys history of preferring quality over quantity, but one also has to ponder exactly what kind of productions are being released right now. For each original piece of content we get 10 unsufferable remakes that i wouldn't mind at all to see disappear.

Plus I don't think rated R properties will be banned from production. They will probably be made under a different umbrella, sure, but anything that makes money Disney will continue producing. It's not like they are flushing Kingsman, Alien, Predator and so on down the toilet. If its profitable they will find a way to make it work.

Furthermore, this has not been an hostile takeover by the house of the mouse, FOX was looking to sell and the baggage they had to offer fits perfectly with the needs of Disney as a business. In a free market economic environment this is a move that happens all the time without most of us not even realizing it.

An concerning the movies they are going to make...remember they purchased Star Wars and made some brilliant movies with the license. In fact, they did a much better job than its original creator did. And that is not an isolated case, they have made the same with every license they have got their hands on. MCU, recently Spiderman, etc... So at least they have earned themselves a big degree of trust, particularly when you couple it with the bunch of god awful flicks FOX made only to stamp the F4 or X-Men label on them and shove them down the audiences collective throats.

The concern about the "minor" characters that are going to get sidelined in favor of introducing the mutants is also nonsensical. Not only will they be able to double their movie output per year if they want to, they will also have a neat streaming service of their own where they can produce their own shows and direct to TV movies. The superhero movie industry is turning an unprecedented profit, it's here to stay and to date, no one has done it better and made it more profitable than marvel/disney. If anything I see more and more properties being developed in one form or another, not less.

All of this. Well said.