Default So this Disney/Fox deal is bad news for Darkhorses Prometheus/AVP universe.

Disney will likely pull this license too. Darkhorse should team with Universal and get all the Classic monsters and do the whole Dark Universe thing in comic form. Toss Hellboy and BPRD into the mix.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It's too early to say. Disney isn't stupid. They are aware of the full range of franchise opportunities they are buying, including Aliens, Predators, AvP and the the Promethean saga.
    While they sort it out it's safe to assume that Predator 4 may be the last one in this universe for a short time. After all it's not like Covenant did such stellar numbers that a follow up would happen even without this sell to Disney.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It's too early to say. Disney isn't stupid. They are aware of the full range of franchise opportunities they are buying, including Aliens, Predators, AvP and the the Promethean saga.
    While they sort it out it's safe to assume that Predator 4 may be the last one in this universe for a short time. After all it's not like Covenant did such stellar numbers that a follow up would happen even without this sell to Disney.
    I do think there is some cool crossover potential to mine here. Far moreso than the Star Wars universe:

Annihilus leading Xenomorphs.

Black Panther vs. Predator.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

iMan 42s

Disney is likely going to do the same thing that it did with Star Wars and reprint old comics.
    The Predator franchise is the one that seems to survive and is looking like its going to do just fine under Disney. It's stayed within the pop culture consciousness and its last film was seven years ago and it made money for an R-rated film. Not to mention videogame appearances that have proven to be popular. If comics are any indicator with what Disney has done, this franchise is going to go one of two ways;

1.The Predator Franchise will be streamlined with a new continuity but still release old content and finish current stuff similar to Star Wars. (expect its own line like how Star Wars is currently handled)
    2. The Predator Franchise might get added to the Marvel universe within its own imprint with crossover potential like with AVP. (expect a predator in the MU or a series of horror crossovers)

Neither of which is bad for that franchise. Alien and Prometheus might be in trouble considering its recent showings.

We can fully expect an AVP reboot under the Marvel umbrella. Whether this translates to film is unknown but with Infinity War on the horizon it seems Disney is in a position to experiment.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I really hope the quality doesn't go down if Marvel starts printing these stories. Before Aliens Vol. 1, most movie comics were shameless cash-ins, but Dark Horse instead used the limited series model to make movies in their own right. Sure, not everything's been stellar (AvPvT, Deadliest of the Species), but on the whole, Dark Horse has really treated these franchises right. Without Dark Horse, the whole concept of AvP might never have come about.

That being said, if Marvel started making ongoing Aliens and Predator comics that are of good quality, I would totally be down. And I've been waiting too long for Aliens vs. Venom.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A xenomoph that is host to a symbiote! Now that would make for one killer character!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A xenomoph that is host to a symbiote! Now that would make for one killer character!!
    I agree. The personality of the Carnage symbiote, for example, could add an extra layer of malevolence to the xenomorph's already nasty nature.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Disney will probably license it out (IDW being the most likely as they already license all the Disney characters there, the Star Wars all ages book there, Big Hero Six there, and some all ages Marvel stuff) rather than put it out through Marvel as they don't sell enough to be profitable with the overhead that comes with a large publishing house like Marvel, but a smaller house like IDW can make money with those numbers even paying the licensing fee and that fee is guaranteed money to Disney.

But according to Variety, the deal is already being challenged and hearings called for by the Senate Judiciary Anti-Trust committee and regulatory hearing are expected to take anywhere from 12 to 18 months to sift through before the Fed would give a seal of approval on the merger, so you are looking at nearly 2 years before any of the properties officially change hands and changes in licensing can take place.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

BANNED

Its actually good news. Disney is a good company.

Monopoly issues aside, the fate of AvP comics has been of concern to me. They have been consistently the best horror comics for the last two decades. (And I'm an apologist for Deadliest of the Species.)
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.