View Poll Results: Should the Foxnen verse be fully rebooted with new cast of actors?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Get new actors and start again from scratch.

84 82.35%
  • No - Let the Foxmen characters and stories stay as they are.

12 11.76%
  • Other

6 5.88%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The MCU films could be set prior to Deadpool, there's no real concrete time frame for when the events took place.
    There might be one established in Deadpool 2 considering it deals with time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The thing that bothers me about a possible reboot is where they're setting it. I don't want the X-Men to be the new kids on the block in the MCU. If they still keep it a seperate universe I can be on board, but I don't want them to be integrated in a world that didn't start with them. Course, anything can change after Infinity Wars, but the MCU as is isn't something I want the X-Men in.
    I think it could be interesting if mutants were just now popping up in the world, and a recent discovery of an x-gene. The shadow council in Avengers already saw Fury's team as a group of freaks. Having mutants suddenly start to appear within the population following a bunch of superheroes running around could only increase hysteria in the world. Or they could go the "Ultimate X-Men" route. Honestly, the only thing it might hurt is Magneto's origin, and you can't even realistically keep his youthful Fassbender looks and WW2 origin anyways. (I think it's time to either update it to some more recent genocide or cryogenic freeze the guy back in the 40's like Captain America.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Do not want.

Not everything has to a comedy and the X-Men are great as they are. They are going to destroy that so characters like Captain Jingoism and Groot can needlessly appear in quote unquote X-Men movies. Such a nuisance.

And that's not even getting into the tone of things going forward. Blah. Kill it with fire.

As long as we don't get anymore crappy FoX-Men style X-Movies, I'm fine with any kind of reboot. Couldn't care less about Deadpool.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Do not want.

Not everything has to a comedy and the X-Men are great as they are. They are going to destroy that so characters like Captain Jingoism and Groot can needlessly appear in quote unquote X-Men movies. Such a nuisance.

And that's not even getting into the tone of things going forward. Blah. Kill it with fire.
    Ryan Reynolds might save us.

All-New Member

Best case scenario: In the final scenes of Dark Phoenix, she accidentally killed all the mutants on genosha, villains and heroes, except for Scott. She senses his fears and worries, but she tells him that she will fix this! Then you see the Phoenix raptor radiating from her and expanding across the screen until everything is white. The shot pans over to a peaceful quiet mansion and then you a blurry shot of five kids standing before the door as the door opens. Then to be continued in the MCU..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would be fine with this.

I honestly don't care about deadpool but the xmen need to be completely started from scratch with new actors.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The thing that bothers me about a possible reboot is where they're setting it. I don't want the X-Men to be the new kids on the block in the MCU. If they still keep it a seperate universe I can be on board, but I don't want them to be integrated in a world that didn't start with them. Course, anything can change after Infinity Wars, but the MCU as is isn't something I want the X-Men in.
    umm
    F4 Thor Cap Hulk all were released before X-men, they'll be aight. I think all the stuff with the Sokovia accords lines up nicely for Mutant persecution and Sentinels.
    Cyclops was right

Well that's pretty telling I think.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be honest both MCU lines and FoX-Men lines are gonna get rebooted in the future as talent starts to leave so they can keep them separate for now and we'll probably see a united Marvel-verse by 2025.

I want the Xmen to be in the here and now. No more period pieces, no history. Just put them in a well written story.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They will likely reboot the main X-Men films since that is already reaching a conclusion. While spin-offs like Deadpool, X-Force, and X-23 will continue. Similar to the stuff with Spider-Man and Venom.
    This ^

Though I believe that even the more adult spinoffs (Deadpool, X-Force, X-23) will exist in the MCU. They'll just be more self-contained, like the Punisher on Netflix (which was very dark).

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The X-Movies have been a train wreck for years anyway.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    The X-Movies have been a train wreck for years anyway.
    So why have they all been profitable?

Reboot the main X-men franchise. Don't care if you keep the same characters or casts or not but there is no point in continuing after Dark Phoenix. If you want just have the Dark Phoenix erase the current reality and have an end credits scene that shows them in the MU.

Deadpool can just be transplanted into the MCU without much change because that movie never made any overarching references to mutants or the X-men universe.

Remove anything from New Mutants, Gambit, and X-force that gives the impression that the movies are in the X-men universe and then see how they perform. If they bomb then you reboot them but if they are successful then the sequels can just firmly establish these films as occurring in the MCU.

X-23, I would probably keep as more of the apocalyptic future entry for the MCU. If you want her to integrate into the MCU then you can have her time travel perhaps after having met Cable in her movie. And she can be used in X-force. Maybe set up a premise where X-force bounces around time trying to prevent a terrible future with Cable as the guide.

Multiple Man, I'd probably put a hold on as not sure there is room for him at this point.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

So much salt up in here.