Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Default Thread for people who like the XCU and Fox's products to talk about concerns

Since the rest of the forum and overall internet is mostly jubilant

Well... I am concerned lol. Yes this is good for comics/toys/merchandise/videogames/animation and that.

BUT... I was and am looking forward to more of Gifted, Legion, New Mutants, Possible X-23 movie, and so on. FOX was finally it seemed to me figuring out their niche, like they could give their shows and movies more creative freedom and that is how they could compete against the sheer budgets and marketing powers of Disney might. That was an awesome and exciting premise for me and I am very sad if all of these things just go away now.

Not to mention all the people involved, actors actresses, like their careers are just taking a big hit now? After they stick their necks out to get involved in all of this and put in so much effort? Like make a big bet with FOX and now they get the shaft?

It just feels like really bad timing, this deal, why do it now, should have been done at an actual low point in FOX like post X3 or post Wolverine Origins

Just my feelings
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Incredible Member

I do enjoy Gifted a lot and wish it had more viewers and I would have loved an x23 movie with Laura. I’m curious though with Disney getting a majority stake in Hulu, I’m curious if we’ll see more new shows on Hulu and cable new cartoons made for the cable channels. I feel this almost allows even more X-men shows and movies to be made. Yes it absolutely sucks we may lose what we have now which saddens me but losing what we have now may allow for more characters and X-men shows and movies to be made, I see it as a happy/sad scenario. Disney will obviously in my mind want to clear the board so they can start over with their own vision. I just hope we see mutants utilizes and explored in all forms of media now.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Since the rest of the forum and overall internet is mostly jubilant

Well... I am concerned lol. Yes this is good for comics/toys/merchandise/videogames/animation and that.

BUT... I was and am looking forward to more of Gifted, Legion, New Mutants, Possible X-23 movie, and so on. FOX was finally it seemed to me figuring out their niche, like they could give their shows and movies more creative freedom and that is how they could compete against the sheer budgets and marketing powers of Disney might. That was an awesome and exciting premise for me and I am very sad if all of these things just go away now.

Not to mention all the people involved, actors actresses, like their careers are just taking a big hit now? After they stick their necks out to get involved in all of this and put in so much effort? Like make a big bet with FOX and now they get the shaft?

It just feels like really bad timing, this deal, why do it now, should have been done at an actual low point in FOX like post X3 or post Wolverine Origins

Just my feelings
    Yeah, I agree... there are more things that I liked about the Fox X-Films than disliked. It just seems like there's alot unknown. Everything but Deadpool will more than likely be scrapped. I was honestly interested in seeing how New Mutants, Gambit, & Madrox would fit. Its crazy how divisive things have gotten from DOFP to XM:A.
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

BANNED

I could live with a reboot of the main films, but Fox had some very exciting directors lined up for the next couple years. That could all be over because Feige only hires yes-men after bad experiences with Whedon, Jenkins and Wright.

I'm also worried that the entire X-Men franchise will be consolidated into one movie every three years and a bunch of TV shows that will be dumped on Disney's streaming service (showrun by Scott Buck!). We were just getting an explosion of X-Men content.

Finally, I need to point out how bad this is for the movie industry as a whole, with Disney consolidating 40% of the industry. And also that they might disassemble Fox 2000 and Fox Searchlight, which have produced some of the best, most diverse and unique movies of the past years.

In all honestly I like most of the X-Men movies from Fox. There's a couple that were just okay, one that was "meh", and one that was really awful. But I'm looking forward to the Dark Phoenix movie(s). Once those are done I'm all for moving them to the MCU.

This does not address of course the larger concern about Disney owning so much of the entertainment industry, which is a whole other bag of apples.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I could live with a reboot of the main films, but Fox had some very exciting directors lined up for the next couple years. That could all be over because Feige only hires yes-men after bad experiences with Whedon, Jenkins and Wright.

I'm also worried that the entire X-Men franchise will be consolidated into one movie every three years and a bunch of TV shows that will be dumped on Disney's streaming service (showrun by Scott Buck!). We were just getting an explosion of X-Men content.

Finally, I need to point out how bad this is for the movie industry as a whole, with Disney consolidating 40% of the industry. And also that they might disassemble Fox 2000 and Fox Searchlight, which have produced some of the best, most diverse and unique movies of the past years.
    This pretty much sums up most of my own concerns.

I'm mostly concerned about the television shows. I want to see more of The Gifted, and i'll riot if they cancel Legion.

I also really like the different "feels" that the Fox movies have had lately. Deadpool, Logan, and The New Mutants are definitely not typical superhero films. I hope we don't lose that.

I never wanted a reboot. While I'll give it a chance when it happens, I'm going to have a lot of baggage going forward on it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I should say that Kinberg and Schuler-Donner's great relationship with Feige might give them some creative leeway though.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

I'm also worried that the entire X-Men franchise will be consolidated into one movie every three years and a bunch of TV shows that will be dumped on Disney's streaming service (showrun by Scott Buck!). We were just getting an explosion of X-Men content
    I think this is a genuine concern - I don't see Marvel going for more than 4 movies a year in total, and they'll likely be sticking to the fundamentals with the movies (X-Men, Wolverine, Deadpool, New Mutants and X-Force, same as Fox really) and develop the rest for television. This whole deal with Fox is ALL about increasing their content for their DTC service in 2019, so Marvel tv shows are very much Disney's priority going forward. Which I can very much live with as tv >>> movies anyway.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Let's just hope they keep the X-men TV stuff and Deadpool.

There's no point in talking about your concerns, your concerns don't matter, the deal is done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    There's no point in talking about your concerns, your concerns don't matter, the deal is done.
    Hear that? We can close the thread, now. Bushido has spoken.

I love both "the Gifted" and "Legion" but ratings wise there was never a guarantee that cancellation wouldn't happen anyways. Hopefully, Disney keeps them (and with Disney marketing) starts promoting them better than what we have seen or at least moves them to Hulu exclusives like Runaways.

I can't say I was blown away by the New Mutants trailer, it's interesting for a superhero film to delve into the horror genre, buuuuutttt... as a huge horror aficionado nothing really stood out to me from your typical paranormal cgi heavy modern horror film. It feels more "Poltergeist" remake than "Lights Out" or "Babadook" etc. (Cast looks good though.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Disney has forced to keep AoS around despite its gutter ratings. They might do the same with The Gifted considering it fulfills the same function as AoS (introduce minor concepts of their respective universes).