Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Deadpool is easy. Make a PG-13 and R rated cut and shoe both in theaters. Let movie goers decide which thry want to attend and it allows more kids to watch.

It would also be a marketing boon as it keeps the impression that Deadpool is on the cutting edge.
    Well damn, never thought about it that way but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, that won't happen. Can you imagine the chaos that will ensue if someone accidentally buys their kids tickets to the R version when they THOUGHT they were buying PG-13? Because such mix-ups WILL happen.
    Hasn't something similar been done before? Batman v Superman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Hasn't something similar been done before? Batman v Superman?
    I think the closest I've ever heard of to having two differently-rated versions of the same film in theaters at the same time is some NC-17 or higher stuff that was recut to an R version. I don't remember the R rated cut of BvS being released theatrically. At least not in general release.

Deadpool is easy. Make a PG-13 and R rated cut and shoe both in theaters. Let movie goers decide which thry want to attend and it allows more kids to watch.

It would also be a marketing boon as it keeps the impression that Deadpool is on the cutting edge.
    The problem is that you'd have to cut so much of the movie there might not be enough left for a PG-13 cut. Trust me, I tried that with my son. He begged to see Deadpool, so after watching it twice I told my wife I'd just fast forward through the bad parts and/or cover his ears. Whelp...that was a huuuge fail, as half the movie consists of hyper violence and highly creative use of profanity.

Regardless, I think Disney is fine to keep making R-rated films under the FOX banner. Just keep it contained to Deadpool and X-Force, and leave them in their own little sequestered corner of the MCU. They'd still be a part of the MCU, with connective tissue like SHIELD (and G.W. Bridge, perhaps?), but for the most part self-contained. Deadpool, Cable and others (Domino, for example) could still show up in the non-R MCU films too. In cameo appearances and whatnot. This really allows Disney-Marvel to have their cake and eat it too IMO, and seems to be where they might be headed based on Bob Iger's comments about continuing to make R-rated movies like Deadpool sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The problem is that you'd have to cut so much of the movie there might not be enough left for a PG-13 cut. Trust me, I tried that with my son. He begged to see Deadpool, so after watching it twice I told my wife I'd just fast forward through the bad parts and/or cover his ears. Whelp...that was a huuuge fail, as half the movie consists of hyper violence and highly creative use of profanity.

Regardless, I think Disney is fine to keep making R-rated films under the FOX banner. Just keep it contained to Deadpool and X-Force, and leave them in their own little sequestered corner of the MCU. They'd still be a part of the MCU, with connective tissue like SHIELD (and G.W. Bridge, perhaps?), but for the most part self-contained. Deadpool, Cable and others (Domino, for example) could still show up in the non-R MCU films too. In cameo appearances and whatnot. This really allows Disney-Marvel to have their cake and eat it too IMO, and seems to be where they might be headed based on Bob Iger's comments about continuing to make R-rated movies like Deadpool sequels.
    Would the "R"-rated Deadpool stuff be in MCU continuity, or would they just be their own thing made by (or with) Marvel Studios?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't see why it couldn't be in MCU continuity. Like I said, just keep it sequestered and mostly self-contained. But, yeah. It would be set in the MCU, with SHIELD and the Avengers and whatnot.

Yeah, that won't happen. Can you imagine the chaos that will ensue if someone accidentally buys their kids tickets to the R version when they THOUGHT they were buying PG-13? Because such mix-ups WILL happen.
    I don't think parents are that stupid. Furthermore, I would expect the theater to specifically ask if you are want tickets to PG-13 or R so it really isn't that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

The simply solution would be to shoot different versions of the problematic scenes. Most movies shoot several cuts of a given scene. Or you could simply remove the sex scene from the PG-13 version all together as again most movies have deleted scenes that don't make the final cut. The only other issue really is all the cursing but I don't think the cursing added a ton to the movie anyways.

I'd prefer they just stick with an R rating but just saying if Disney is that concerned about it then this would be a possible solution.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-18-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

I don't think parents are that stupid. Furthermore, I would expect the theater to specifically ask if you are want tickets to PG-13 or R so it really isn't that complicated.
    You have a lot more faith in people than my experience would suggest is warranted.

People = stupid.

You have a lot more faith in people than my experience would suggest is warranted.

People = stupid.
    Yes but when the person at the ticket counter specifically asks if you want R rated or PG-13, you would have to be really stupid to still mix it up as a parent.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Well, current rumor is that Disney's first project is a Wolverine reboot and that the X-23 movie will be pulped because of that.

Time will tell how accurate that is (internet rumors are inherently unreliable and there's no reliable sources attached to this one), but if this's the case, all I can say is:

bird_claw.jpg
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That's not how media works.

You mean Star Wars? Sorry to bust your bubble, but Force Awakens is a fan favorite (maybe not with Legends-only people, but they're not the majority of fans). Haven't seen Last Jedi yet, but most of what I've heard has been good. Where it ends up remains to be seen; there was a time when Return of the Jedi was considered the bad egg, then its reputation improved considerably when "the prequels suck" became the favorite fan mantra, today the prequels' reputation have somewhat improved, at least to the point that people seem more interested in seeing what worked about them than just chainsawing them apart.

Problem is that Homecoming was really well-received and stands up on its own feet. Just because it doesn't quite match up with the original movies doesn't mean it's it's bad or is going to be forgotten over time (that remains to be seen). I really don't get this "it's bad because it's not as good as something else" idea.

Same could be with MCU X-Men movies. It's very possible that they could make something that holds up to the original series. The latter might remain more "iconic" but that doesn't mean that new take could make something as good or even better. We'll have to see what actually happens.

(Funny observation: Disney has apparently been considering continuing the Deadpool series, or at the very least keeping Ryan Reynolds and the "R"-rated premise. Can't say I'm exactly tickled pink, but it goes to show that even Disney is considering breaking their "family friendly" mold for Marvel movies -- although seeing as the MCU isn't really for kids in the first place, that might not be saying that much.)
    what you are saying to me is all media propaganda. homecoming was well received? by shill critics? because it was fun? no logan is a well received. dofp too because they are good serious movies first praised for story telling.

but then again, you did saying nothing on the xmen movies have come close to winter solider when in reality X2, DOFP, and first class stomps all over winter solider, so please can you stop replying to me with more media mcu propaganda? coming from a person that compared the sentinels to giant robots and failed to mention what they stood for? tried to down play xmen tas because not even the mcu movies can match that tone. am sure some of you are happy about this deal but you just gave fox a life line because when the disney xmen movies comes out and people see how dumbed down it is. they will only like the fox films more and all admit this deal was disaster.

and that is the thing, some do think Disney will allow r rated. They wont. Come 2020, they will cancel x force. people are talking r rated but disney cant even allows X2 and DOFP and those were pg 13
    Last edited by Jaddor; 12-20-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Well, current rumor is that Disney's first project is a Wolverine reboot and that the X-23 movie will be pulped because of that.

Time will tell how accurate that is (internet rumors are inherently unreliable and there's no reliable sources attached to this one), but if this's the case, all I can say is:

bird_claw.jpg
    Is The Christian Post an incredibly reliable source for Hollywood insider news?

Though if the Wolverine reboot being top most priority is somehow true, then wow, worst fears confirmed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Is The Christian Post an incredibly reliable source for Hollywood insider news?

Though if the Wolverine reboot being top most priority is somehow true, then wow, worst fears confirmed.

lol, yes. and remember when some used to bash fox because it focused too much on wolverine? well disney will do worse. they will even do worse than fox because they will shove many more non-mutants in the xmen movies. at least in the xmen movies they only focused in 3-5 characters because they were drama driven movies but i will rather still take characters like colossus doing a cameo in X2 than Hawkeye doing a cameo just for the sake of...oh xmen are in the mcu now.

honesty this is my cue to just sit back and watch the fire works, the burden of proof is now on disney and their supporters to prove disney will not destroy this series and from what we know and are already seen, the proof is almost nonexistent.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

bird_claw.jpg
    goddess i hope this rumor is nothing more than just that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Amazing Member

bird_claw.jpg
    Can they start doing this while the merger is still going on? Well I guess they will follow the same formula they used with Iron Man and the Avengers. I don't care about Wolverine having his solo (which is something I expected anyway along with Deadpool)I just don't want him hogging screen time from the other X-men in the team movies. But Marvel is balanced in that respect so I'm not worried.
    The only one who should be concerned about mutants in the MCU are those Inhumans from AoS.
    And lol the source.
    Last edited by Jirrenm; 12-20-2017 at 05:56 AM.