Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, current rumor is that Disney's first project is a Wolverine reboot and that the X-23 movie will be pulped because of that.
    Wow, if that rumor's true, then everyone that complained that Fox used Wolverine too much needs to shut the $&%^ up. Seriously, a Wolverine movie before an X-Men movie? How messed up would that be? Origins didn't come out until we had a trio of X-Films.

But I'll take the rumor with a pound of salt, considering that Disney can't make any move officially until the deal is approved by legislators.

Regarding the deal as a whole, the main concern for me is the lack of genre diversity that is likely to come out of this. At this point, I'd be hard pressed to think that anyone out there doesn't think the MCU films are starting to feel very same-y. They still enjoy them, but you know what kinda product you're getting.

What Fox was starting to do well was diversify: New Mutants is horror, Deadpool's a raunchy action-comedy and Logan was a gritty western. Unfortunately, we're going to lose all of that once Feige gets his hands on the X-Men, and that homogenization of the genre will only hasten the super hero movie's demise.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's pretty hard to do that right now. At least I have a trio of awesome-looking X-Films to look forward to next year!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    what you are saying to me is all media propaganda. homecoming was well received? by shill critics? because it was fun? no logan is a well received. dofp too because they are good serious movies first praised for story telling.
    The same media industry that gave Homecoming good reviews is the same one that also praised those X-Men movies.

...but then again, you did saying nothing on the xmen movies have come close to winter solider when in reality X2, DOFP, and first class stomps all over winter solider, so please can you stop replying to me with more media mcu propaganda?
    I think that there's a fair case that Winter Soldier is a better movie than those one are (which is a totally different thing from saying those movies are bad). And if you think I'm a MCU propagandist, why do I keep posting this in reply to announcements that MCU X-Men reboot is happening?

bird_claw.jpg

coming from a person that compared the sentinels to giant robots and failed to mention what they stood for?
    I will concede that I find the Sentinels premise as a giant robot a bit harder to swallow as a mutant-hunting tool than say the scaled-down robots of Sentinel Security in The Gifted, mostly from a logistical standpoint (cost effectiveness, efficient design, etc). From a story-telling standpoint they're quite good as antagonists.

I will point out that Days of Future Past is my favorite of the X-Men movies to date, so I don't hate them by any stretch of the imagination. I just think that they're of the less verisimilar elements of the franchise is all.

...tried to down play xmen tas because not even the mcu movies can match that tone.
    Why are we still talking about this? Good or bad, it's hardly the only blueprint for good storytelling within the franchise. A cartoon and live action movie are different ball games. (I concede that I'm not fond of that cartoon for a few reasons that do color my view of it, but as far as I can tell, it's not exactly the juggernaut you're telling me it is.)

...am sure some of you are happy about this deal but you just gave fox a life line because when the disney xmen movies comes out and people see how dumbed down it is. they will only like the fox films more and all admit this deal was disaster.
    We'll see what happens. If that rumor that the Wolverine reboot is project number one and replacing the X-23 movie, that will sap practically all the good will I would've had to the MCU on this front (and all that good will was coming from the previous MCU movies, not the merger).

and that is the thing, some do think Disney will allow r rated. They wont. Come 2020, they will cancel x force. people are talking r rated but disney cant even allows X2 and DOFP and those were pg 13
    Funny you should mention that, given Bob Iger's comments on Disney's ideas for their take on Deadpool:
    "It (Deadpool) clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool, as long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Is The Christian Post an incredibly reliable source for Hollywood insider news?

Though if the Wolverine reboot being top most priority is somehow true, then wow, worst fears confirmed.
    I don't think the rumor is reliable at all, much less the source. Like I said, I think all internet rumors are unreliable, regardless of I mean, they don't cite the source regarding Marvel wanting to do Wolverine right off the bat and the bit about X-23 getting scrapped seems to be their personal speculation.

I'm just posting the only the thing I've been able to find about what could happen to the X-23 movie for the sake of discussion. Like Sam Robards said, it should be taken with a pound of salt.

Regardless of what happens to the X-23 movie, I'm not in favor of a Wolverine reboot yet; way too soon.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 12-20-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)