View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Get Their Mutant Status Back?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Make them Mutants Again

165 80.49%
  • No - Keep the Retcon

27 13.17%
  • Undecided

13 6.34%
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    Back when they did that was because they were trying to create suspense for the eventual parentage reveal that Bill Mantlo was writing. But yes, now for sure, she refers to herself as a Maximoff.
    I was talking about Englehart's run after the Magneto reveal.(When she got captured by Grim Reaper's crew.)
    She compared herself to Vision, just Wanda and Vision, no surnames.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I was talking about Englehart's run after the Magneto reveal.(When she got captured by Grim Reaper's crew.)
    She compared herself to Vision, just Wanda and Vision, no surnames.
    For some reason I remembered that being in vol 1 not 2, but hey, I'm dyslexic. Either way, she hasn't gone surname-less in decades.

Extraordinary Member

For some reason I remembered that being in vol 1 not 2, but hey, I'm dyslexic. Either way, she hasn't gone surname-less in decades.
    I am just saying she never really go by Magnus name.
    And House of M/House of Magnus sounds forced to me. Yeah, cool name, but not something I would use to refer to them.

BANNED

I am just saying she never really go by Magnus name.
    And House of M/House of Magnus sounds forced to me. Yeah, cool name, but not something I would use to refer to them.
    Yeah, I get why they do that because family lines go by the paternal name. But yeah, clearly she determined that wasn't a definition for her. Even during the times she was willing to give Mags chances. Now I wouldn't mind if they ever go down that road to actual forgiveness, since he's no longer a mustache twirling type villain. Long down the road after she finishes re-establishing herself in the hero community. And working through a lot of other personal stuff that doesn't have to do with Mags. Especially since she's said she wants to be more than that.
    Last edited by Curlytop; 01-02-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver would not create a world without Luna and Crystal. For that reason I don't believe in the legitimacy of the story. This is just Bendis being a jerk to the characters.
    where were the Inhumans during the House of M? I can't remember. I do remember Quicksilver trying to hook up with Storm; again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    where were the Inhumans during the House of M? I can't remember. I do remember Quicksilver trying to hook up with Storm; again.
    House of M: Civil War (pretty much the prequel of HoM) showed Magneto forming allies with Attilan, Atantis,etc.
    While Inhumans did not join Magneto's war directly, Black Bolt did block all the missiles fired toward Genosha when Magneto was attacking US.

House of M: Civil War (pretty much the prequel of HoM) showed Magneto forming allies with Attilan, Atantis,etc.
    While Inhumans did not join Magneto's war directly, Black Bolt did block all the missiles fired toward Genosha when Magneto was attacking US.
    hmm. I guess what I'm getting at is, maybe Luna was around and had as little contact with Pietro, as she currently does.

Yeah, given the events of her recent ongoing, Wanda will probably stick to Maximoff

i don't mind "house of m," since it's ambiguous enough, and could apply to either "magnus" or "maximoff'

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i don't mind "house of m," since it's ambiguous enough, and could apply to either "magnus" or "maximoff'
    House of M would be House of Magneto, it can't be Magnus because that's not Magneto's real name (which is a shame because I thought Erik Magnus Lehnsherr was an awesome real name) and it isn't House of Maximoff since Magneto is the head of the family.

Astonishing Member

House of Mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    House of M would be House of Magneto, it can't be Magnus because that's not Magneto's real name (which is a shame because I thought Erik Magnus Lehnsherr was an awesome real name) and it isn't House of Maximoff since Magneto is the head of the family.
    it could literally be any of those, which is likely why marvel chose it as the title.

"check all that apply"

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    House of Mutant?
    Not really, it seems to be House of Magneto given the Symbol is inspired by Magneto's Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    House of Mutant?
    also applicable, since the warped reality had mutants ruling the world, with the flatscans as second-class citizens.

BANNED

"House of M" is ambigious enough to apply to 'manure' as well.