View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Get Their Mutant Status Back?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Make them Mutants Again

165 80.49%
  • No - Keep the Retcon

27 13.17%
  • Undecided

13 6.34%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Polaris is a mad clone of Magneto that Zaladane created. Zaladane is her sole sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    beyond re-establishing many famous stories with quicksilver and scarlet witch, my bigger hope is to see them reunited with polaris properly.

they deserve to have a chance with their sister after so many years being forced apart.

no need to state the obvious, we were all there or have access to google. the retcon was terrible no matter how you spin the story
    How the retcon was done was bad but Wanda got a really good (thought short) ongoing which explored her past out of it and as I said Magento could easily still be their dad, as that was never resolved.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If the X-Men are brought back into prominence then I would imagine they would want to re-emphasize the twins' Mutant status and Mutant parentage to bring back that kind of crossover and connection between the two groups again.
    They actually don't need to be Mutants to be connected to the X-men though since the teams have had non-Mutants part of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Peter David's X-Factor was a low-seller in part because of this forced sibling plot.
    The series got a mini shot in the arm because of the #1, but quickly dropped to what X-Factor was selling before the #1.

If your notion was correct how exactly did a House of M mini series half a year after the ANXF managed to pull 70K plus readers then leveled out well above 30K readers not counting digital sales?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What the heck is Agatha's ghost talking about?

If Magneto is to be Wanda's father again, I want Natalya Maximoff to be her mother. Fold the two origin stories together. I don't want Magda to be their mother.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They're not High Evolutionary's children. Uncanny Avengers sort of tried to bring back their ORIGINAL origin story with the Maximoffs as their parents, and the HE was merely there to explain how they got their powers and were mistaken for mutants all this time. The Scarlet Witch solo expanded on that, revealing that Django and Marya were actually their biological uncle and aunt, while Django's sister, Natalya, was their mother. Their biological father wasn't revealed in the book and some people believe that leaves the door open for Magneto to still be that. Although they're gonna have to explain why Erik killed Natalya, as it was explicitly stated in the book. Man, between using Wanda as a sex toy, killing Pietro and now possibly killing their mother, Erik's sure as hell not getting a Father Of The Year mug, is he?

As for what Marvel's going to do with them, as someone who prefers them as Avengers first and foremost and not so defined by their daddy issues with Magneto, I don't hate the retcon and I think the new origin established in the SW book was rather good (specially because of the mystical aspect). If they want to say Erik is their biological father, go ahead, but I still want them as Avengers first and foremost and not so defined by their daddy issues. Also, keep in mind that there is no guarantee MCU Wanda will change in any way just because of the merge, so they could still want their comics Wanda to be non-mutant and non-daughter-of-Magneto to reflect that. OTOH, I think it's possible we get more animations in which they are Magneto's kids, as that's always been the case in those. And who knows, Marvel could also profit from it with some AU books, kind of like Renew Your Vows, without actually having to change their 616 universe. I think a continuation of the Secret Wars: House Of M series could be a good idea.

Wanda and Pietro's status as the first mutant Avengers was (imo) rather significant in history, as well as the fact that it made Cap's Kooky Quartet seem a bit more progressive in that they willingly gave a chance to two mutants (who had been recently labeled as terrorists) to become members of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Scrap the retcon, either High Evolutionary was manipulating their emotions for his own gain or the two twins in the current books are revealed to be imposters, with the real twins locked up somewhere.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What the heck is Agatha's ghost talking about?
    its nonsense to claim that bova and HE give them more character development than magneto and the x-men

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think something of a middle ground would work out well. Have Wanda and Pietro be Magneto's human children who were given powers after being experimented on by the High Evolutionary.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

#MAKETHEMAXIMOFFSMUTANTSAGAIN

The twins being both mutants (in a world that never runs out of reasons to hate mutants), Avengers, former Brotherhood members, the children of Magneto and with marriage ties to the Inhuman Royal Family, are what made them unique and compelling characters. It's not like Marvel has known what to do with them since the retcon or even before it.

#bringbackthemutants.

I love the Inhumans but what they have done to them is just awful, which was mainly retcon to have them fit their vision.

Seriously, get a cosmic cube and turn all the inhmans that got recently turn into mutants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    #bringbackthemutants.

I love the Inhumans but what they have done to them is just awful, which was mainly retcon to have them fit their vision.

Seriously, get a cosmic cube and turn all the inhmans that got recently turn into mutants.
    no just no

YES! Agree.

I always wanted to see something more with their half-sibling status.

A good summation of the retcon and it's affects!

I read Wanda's solo and was impressed though some aspects I don't recall as well. She really is one of my favorite characters - of all time.

Anyway, I don't recall the part about Natalya being killed, or said to be killed by whoever the father was. Was this witnessed by characters or just explained because seemed right?

Because there in lies another can of worms that is resolvable. And what is to say that perhaps Natalya is wrong about who the real father is. Magneto was pretty evil back then; maybe he hypnotized or used some technique to think it was someone else who was the father - the person who is said to have killed her (hmmmm, now I have to look for that issue)

I loved her best as an Avenger but would also like occasional solo action and more of Agatha - ghost or otherwise.