Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    BANNED

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 06-07-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Spectacular Member

The Ultimate X-Men lineup

Cyclops
    Jean
    Storm
    Colossus
    Iceman
    Beast

If I had my way to reboot the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe, I would find a way to tie in Erik Lensherr with Captain America.

Something classic:
    Professor X
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Jean Grey
    Kitty Pryde (the newbie)

The original X-men would be the same as the comics but obly appear in flashbacks. Beast, Iceman and Angel are off doing their own things but appear sporadically.

Ideally Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus.

They’re all that’s left following the death of Jean Grey, and they have to recruit Cyclops out of depression and Wolverine out of rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Black Cyclops... thats... thats really interesting. I normally am like "NO let the characters be who they are" but... your argument is pretty spot on. It doesn't matter what race cyclops is too much... but for that matter what if he shot blue beams as well. Would people really care? Or would it be #notmycyclops? Cause the jean movie is coming out soon.
    Well I would prefer to stick to the comics as much as possible but if you had to change him wouldn't it make more sense to make him an Eskimo since hes from Alaska?

Amazing Member

I suppose they would go with a Claremont classic line-up. But I want the X-men to be adults, not teen like they are in the recent movies. So no Original 5 please. If they want students for the school they should use the New Mutants in the blue and yellow costumes.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well I would prefer to stick to the comics as much as possible but if you had to change him wouldn't it make more sense to make him an Eskimo since hes from Alaska?
    LOl it wasn't my idea, I've not given it that much thought, but I do feel like lots of people are like "anything but Black". The impetus of american fear is of black sexuality. Cyclops in a being black and in a relation ship with
    jean would be a incredibly hilarious ripple now that I say that. Damn. Cable, Rachel, havok, stryfe... just the whole ripple would be so wide.

Shrug it would have wider ramifications than I first thought.

Like it or not, the X-Men are a metaphor for minority struggles. You need actual minorities on the team.
    Nah. Thats what metaphor means.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

90s Animated Team. I even want Logan’s debut to be in the Danger Room, as it was in the ‘Night of the Sentinels.’

Call the movie “Uncanny X-men” and have an opening sequence similar to that of the cartoon. Capitalize on the 90s heyday of the franchise. Open with government reports of mutants popping up everywhere, and reveal that rumors and conspiracy theories have existed ever since WWII. Then we show SHIELD and Nick Fury meeting with Val Cooper (maybe a G.W. Bridge cameo in this scene too, who becomes some connective tissue to the R-rated Deadpool and X-Force spinoff franchises in that darker, more adult corner of the MCU). Val is the head of the Mutant Response Division which has, until now, existed in secret because they didn’t want to start a panic over whether or not mutants are the next stage of human evolution (with humans headed for extinction). The jury is still out on that scientifically, but some mutant extremists are claiming this.

At any rate, Jubilee is the point of view character for the audience. She meets most of the X-men in a Sentinel attack. The Sentinels have been launched as part of Project Wideawake (Val tells Fury this in that scene above), which the government has been working on in secret for years. Boom.

We go from there. She’s saved by Storm, Rogue and Gambit in the mall. Wakes up in the mansion, fries the circuits and escapes into the halls. Stumbles into the Danger Room where Gambit is training, we meet Logan for the first time. He’s short, and stocky and in costume and looks badass.

Something like that could work well IMO.

Team consists of...

- Professor X
    - Cyclops
    - Storm
    - Jean Grey
    - Beast
    - Wolverine
    - Rogue
    - Gambit
    - Jubilee

They’d need to reveal how Rogue got her flight, strength and invulnerability powers somehow. Or maybe she doesn’t have them in the beginning and gets them later from Captain Marvel. Not sure. Feige will figure it out.

BANNED

For modern audiences, I would go with Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Archangel (upgraded), Beast, Storm and Wolverine

Keep the current cast except recast Jean, Cyclops, and Storm. Weave Peters Quicksilver into the MCU and have Fassbender Mags be his and Olsen Wanda’s father. Also, throw money at Jackman and see how much it takes to get him to come back.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

I don't think the first X-Men movie of the MCU should be the original 5 and Professor X. That team is too white, and has the token girl thing going on, which is just too 1960's.

The first group should have a couple of women and a person-of-color, at least. The first five or six characters could be something like: Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Thunderbird, Angel, and Storm.

The second film could include kidnapping/casualties from the first (I would say Cyclops, Storm, and Jean should be off-limits, death-wise), in which Professor X has to recruit the All-New, All-Different team to rescue them: Beast, Nightcrawler (These two ONLY if they get the makeup right... Fox was terrible with makeup), Colossus, Wolverine (a MUST), Bishop, Gambit, Kitty, Rogue, Psylocke, Dazzler, Sunfire, Magik and Banshee would be appropriate, but not ALL of them. Seasoned pros like Wolvie, Bishop, Psylocke or Rogue (as a former adversary would be AWESOME) should push the buttons of the first team, especially Cyclops and Storm.

The third film can start the Dark Phoenix storyline - once Jean dies, she should STAY dead. It would be great if the producers would honor her death by not resurrecting her over and over.

Whatever the film series does, it should have a HEAVY dose of minorities and women and "oddballs", and they should interact with one another. That's what the X-Men are about, and it's something that the Avengers and Justice League lack. It should NOT be white dudes and their sidekicks like it is now.

Allow Wolverine to be popular, but not at the expense of all the other characters. MCU is great at letting all their characters shine in the Avengers movie, but they are terrible with their female characters.

The Avengers should be somewhat disdainful of the X-Men, not caring for their mercenary style, and global mutant-related incidents could become pissing contests, for instance. Scuffles between the two teams should occur from time-to-time, as should team-ups. Surveillance efforts by Tony/Steve/Natasha to keep tabs on mutants should not go over well AT ALL with the X-Men. Some of the Avengers can even be bigots toward mutants, to drive home the point that mutants aren't welcome.
    Last edited by Grimsmack; 12-17-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Amazing Member

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Kitty Pryde
    A Thunderbird/Morph type character to be killed off.

The original 5 were the first X-Men. Scott, Jean, Hank, Warren and Bobby were the first students of Xaiver's school. Scott and Jean stayed while the rest left to integrate into normal society. But a new mutant threat rises and the existence of mutants become public. Xavier reforms the X-Men and recruits new people.

I honestly would want a lineup with the 07 as teachers and introduce a lot of the newer gem as students. The adults/ teachers can go on missions more like the 90s cartoon.

Incredible Member

making Cyclops black would make him Carlton Banks from the fresh prince of bel air.

I kinda approve and cannot stop giggling.

but yeah, combine that with Colossus (Deadpool version), Nightcrawler (he's the comic relief, but bring back the terror we got from x2), Phoenix (yup, scarry redhead that falls down a lot could be fun), Storm (she's the deva and the queen and she better had deadpan comedic timing), and Wolverine (because we need mr grumpy pants) and it adds a pretty solid version of the xmen to grow on.

Spectacular Member

O5 for me for sure, will be a while before we see them in the MCU though.