Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

If we can't keep moving forward with what already is the first X-Men team, the Comedy Universe version should be Jean,
    Storm, Wolverine, Beast, and Iceman. Then during the course of the movie, Rogue and Gambit are encountered and added to the team.

Also have Kitty and Jubes, the prototypical young mutants who get wrapped up in X-stuff, introduced at the same time to compare and contrast.

Have the big bad of the movie be Sinister or Juggs.

BANNED

This

this

or this

Well, not Rachel but Jean.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 12-14-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    This

I love that book and the take on the characters. but (so you know what's coming) how would you explain the lack of minorities? someone is going to ask, at one of these press junkets. will Darwin and his group show up?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

People can't understand that Fox movies haved the worst character development for iceman, angel, beast, marvel girl and of course cyclops... they deserve justice, i know Marvel can make them fun and great, then we get all new all different, but let them create!!!! Patience for your favorite character.. i know they will come and in a good way !
    we can be heroes, just for one day

The Fox movies got the roster correct in the first flick, it's just the execution was all wrong... I mean ALL wrong.

Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Iceman
    Jubilee
    Gentle (Havok83 is a genius for this)
    Pixie

I like the idea of Beast and Xavier being similar in age so I doubt he'd be on the original team, but rather an advisor. And I think they should make Angel way younger like he could join the New X-Men cast if they ever did an adaptation, then he can replace Jay Guthrie.

How about something like the current X-Men Blue team, but not as teenagers? That means the O5, Wolverine, and Storm. Storm gives you an ethnic minority. Either Cyclops, Angel, or Iceman could be changed to be non-white. Iceman would also be gay like in recent comics. And maybe add Jubilee (another ethnic minority) as a new recruit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I love that book and the take on the characters. but (so you know what's coming) how would you explain the lack of minorities? someone is going to ask, at one of these press junkets. will Darwin and his group show up?
    Yes, sure. I vote for Storm. Maybe Bishop and Forge as teachers.

And, of course, Bobby is gay.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    People can't understand that Fox movies haved the worst character development for iceman, angel, beast, marvel girl and of course cyclops... they deserve justice, i know Marvel can make them fun and great, then we get all new all different, but let them create!!!! Patience for your favorite character.. i know they will come and in a good way !
    Except movies are there to make money, and the O5 really are not going to do that.

O5 plus Storm and Nightcrawler
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Noinden View Post
    Except movies are there to make money, and the O5 really are not going to do that.
    Even though I wouldn't prefer the 05 either... If Marvel made bank out of the GotG, I see no reason they couldn't do the same with them. Hey, I ain't even know what a Groot was until that flick and one could argue he's more popular than all the X-Men atm save for Wolverine.

Amazing Member

While I love the original 5. The problem going with that line up is the lack of diversity. Now I'm not interested in getting into any political or social argument here, but this is the world we live in. And that's not a bad thing. Marvel Studios is very much aware of that, and have been ahead of the curve in addressing it in most cases. I don't see them going with that line up unless they change the ethnicity of one or two of the characters.

BANNED

By the way, I want to see this:

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    While I love the original 5. The problem going with that line up is the lack of diversity. Now I'm not interested in getting into any political or social argument here, but this is the world we live in. And that's not a bad thing. Marvel Studios is very much aware of that, and have been ahead of the curve in addressing it in most cases. I don't see them going with that line up unless they change the ethnicity of one or two of the characters.
    They could add Storm as she was originally intended(in story) to be one of the original X-Men.

Astonishing Member

even more than diversity, the issue of the O5 is that they arent as loved as Marvel tells us. The book got cancelled, and it took Claremont years with a very different roster to make it the most popular comic book.

the O5 lovefest we have had since Bendis feel like corporate forced nostalgia to me. Do people also miss Unus the Untouchable as a villain?