Default the disney purchase of fox, will it affect dc and wb?

what do you guys think?

CBR has already made an article about it. Besides TV rights like the Batman 66 show and Gotham it doesn't seam to be an issue. DC will of cause not be able to make comics of property now acquired by Disney since those would be printed by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    CBR has already made an article about it. Besides TV rights like the Batman 66 show and Gotham it doesn't seam to be an issue. DC will of cause not be able to make comics of property now acquired by Disney since those would be printed by Marvel.
    All depends on if any licensing deals were in place prior to Disney's acquisition and how those deals were structured.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    All depends on if any licensing deals were in place prior to Disney's acquisition and how those deals were structured.
    That is true. My point was more DC will not be able to make any future deals. Disney now owns Aliens and Predator and Marvel will most likely make the comics for them in the future. If they have the rights to Dark Horse released martial is yet to be seen. However I have a feeling Disney will be able to print these just like the where with Star Wars.

This is going to have an impact on everything in the entertainment world.

Assuming the FCC and other interested parties don't stop it from happening of course. I have a feeling it's a dim hope that they will, but it's still possible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Be easy enough to buy out those licensing agreements and probably the smartest move in order to bring every thing under one roof. Couldn't be that much out there but you have better numbers and sources for this sort of thing than I do and I'm just speculating here. Happy Holidays.