More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Default Would you buy a Spider 'black ops' comic?

Something along the lines of Uncanny X-Force, I'm wondering if there would be any market for a black ops team of Spiders who would be involved in darker missions that something a hero like Miles or Peter would be willing to get involved with. I was thinking of a team possibly consisting of Kaine, Venom, and possibly Man-Spider and/or Superior Spider-Man. Peter would of course have no idea about this for a period of time, as he would not condone their methods, but I think it could be a success if put in the right hands.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Sounds like what Silk might have done (albeit probably not all that dark) had her thing with SHIELD been carried over somewhere.

I was actually thinking that Silk might make for a good team member as well.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I think it'd suit Silk or Spider-Woman (Jess Drew). And Kaine would work as well IMO. Would I buy it? Not sure, depend on the creative and the idea behind it I guess.

Wasn't that more or less the concept behind Remender's Agent Venom series?

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of the whole secret wetworks paramilitary unit thing in comics. Notq do I feel there is a need for a whole team of superheroes with (more or less) the exact same abilities. (Stick on walls, shoot webs, etc.) Seems redundant.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I think this idea works better for a solo character.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I enjoyed the Agent Venom run which featured a lot of this, so if it had a good creative team I’d certainly be down! Although there’s really nothing that I wouldn’t read if it featured Kaine and/or Venom, so I might be biased.

I don't quite see what would make the series special. There are a lot of black-ops titles, and the main thing that would make this unique is Spider-Man's power-set.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

No, but I would buy an Iron Man black ops book, if only to get more issues with the stealth armor

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Wasn't that more or less the concept behind Remender's Agent Venom series?

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of the whole secret wetworks paramilitary unit thing in comics. Notq do I feel there is a need for a whole team of superheroes with (more or less) the exact same abilities. (Stick on walls, shoot webs, etc.) Seems redundant.
    They all have spider powers, but are very unique; Venom has the symbiotic powers, Kaine has the stingers, Silk has her enhanced spider-sense and augmented web abilities.

And Jessica has venom blasts and pheromones.

no.
    /10 char