Page 446 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 16893

Just in the interest of housekeeping, who hasn't sparred yet? Please correct if needed.

Asha'rah
    Chuan
    Etrina
    Karine
    Sasheem

IIRC Kai is abstaining, and Ajna and Kabuto haven't shown up in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    New technique unlocked

Content halfbreed noises

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in Ishtaradaland
    So this is all kinds of accurate.

Also yes, now you guys know.

Ishtar named the duck after the Bull of Heaven, because butt-head.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I talked to IG. He's... been busy, but he's looking to get back in soon. So hopefully Ajna will show up again.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

I talked to IG. He's... been busy, but he's looking to get back in soon. So hopefully Ajna will show up again.
    Hope he's doing alright, and fingers crossed IG can return.

Default Ochazuke Supplemental Information

Here's a dumping ground of miscellaneous supplementary information. Constant revisions will happen, and I'll link this back to the character profile.
    _____

Ochazuke Character Profile

Items, Techniques and Special

Character Synergy [for people what can't read everything]:
    + Ishtar, Charco, Zaofan, Koorimaru
    - Sarada, Chou, Koorimaru, Nevanlinna

Associated NPCs

Crane Grandmaster Chahan [Head of the Crane School, Ochazuke's former Master]
    Aiko Fukuhara [Upcoming heir to the Crane School, Ochazuke's last living student]
    Tiger Master Kenshiko [Former Master Sergeant of the Red Raiders, The last orthodox pracitioner and current Master of the Tiger School, Ochazuke's Kru]
    Tiger Master Kaibyo [The deceased head of the Tiger School, Ochazuke's kru]
    Kamesennin Kuki [The former Master of the Turtle School turned apostate sage, Ochazuke's savior in the Northern wilds]
    Samson Balon [The last Master of the Dragon School, Ochazuke's comrade and martial brother]
    Marron Balon [Dragon Style practitioner, Ochazuke's martial sister]
    Obushi-Sennin [The Legendary Founder of the Five Schools]
    Zxu'ro the Ancient [Grandmaster of the Chimera Style]

Sidestories and Lore

Part 1

Memories [1][2][3]
    Reunion [Ft. Held]
    Disciples of the Dragon
    Trial of the Tortoise
    The Legacy of Tanchozurujima
    Tiger in the Glass Cage

Part 2

*a conversation with Parsley
    Disciples of the Dragon II
    *something with Ishtar maybe*

Trivia
    - Ochazuke is a Japanese dish made by pouring hot tea over cooked rice; simple in its preparation, versatile in its presentation. Chahan translates to fried rice.
    - Voice: Isaac C Singleton Jr.
    - The image used in his profile is of "Bolo" Yeung Tze
    - Philosophically Ochazuke is a sort of Zen-Buddhist, leaning more to the Daoist elements of the practice. Basically some sort of Bruce Lee. Plagiarism can, will, and likely already has occurred, just like the Dao of Jeet Kune Do is basically Daoism.
    [1] [2] [3]

Tunes:

Theme of Ochazuke: Judas Priest - Bloodstone
    Confront the Past: Hokuto no Ken Raoh Gaiden - Face to Face
    Forbidden Techniques of Kikojutsu: Judas Priest - Battle Hymn/One Shot at Glory
    A Warrior's Respect: Pay Money To My Pain - Weight Of My Pride
    "I Cannot Teach You": Killer Instinct 2: Jago (Shakuhachi Remix)
    Mumonkan, the Gateless Barrier to the Truth: Susumu Hirasawa - Earth
    The Blood-Red Tiger, Kenshiko: Judas Priest - Sentinel
    Reunion: Judas Priest - Night Comes Down
    Let the Dead Rest: Johnny Cash - Hurt
    Something to Return to: Akira Yamaoka - Theme of Laura (Reprise)
    The Recluse, Kamesennin Kuki: Capcom vs SNK - Silent Hill
    Battle at the Frozen Fall: Tai Chi Master: Battle Theme
    ??? - Don Davis - Neodammerung
    ??? - Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Fighting Style

U15 Crane style as practiced by Ochazuke's lineage is based on the Goju-Ryu branch of Okinawan Karate. In close-quarters, Ochazuke is a sort of composite Karateka/Judoka kind of fighter with some supplements from the Crane set of Hung Gar. Having used his height and reach advantages against Ishtar and Kami, he tends to stay on the outside before committing. I had him use a stiff-arm like Thomas Hearns to obfuscate Kami's vision before shooting her with a Dodonpa. I have a hard time describing footwork, but I envision him moving kind of like Willie Pep's shuffle-steps on the ground. Stylistically the blend is probably closest to Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

U15 Tiger Style is based loosely on Muay Boran, or Thai Boxing. Certain principles, such as the kicking method, clinch and kick-checks were incorporated during his training. I envision Kenshiko's style is similar to Sagat Petchyindee and Samart Payakaroon; Kaibyo was likely similar to Saenchai and Jeeja Yanin.

Indicentally, Muay Thai and Karate have a historied rivalry, most well-documented with Masutatsu Oyama's Kyokushin school.

The legend of Obushi-sennin and the root art of Five Styles has its origins on the lineage of White Crane Kung Fu in relation to Okinawan Karate, specifically Uechi-ryu and Goju-ryu, and the movie Five Deadly Venoms.

Other than the Dodonpa which is an incandescent red, Ochazuke does not emit a visible aura during combat. His meditation field is invisible and his ki is unless otherwise stated is contained within his body.
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-01-2018 at 03:02 PM.

...actually, Cthulhu, so... Ishtar can't lie, but can she detect lies?

Like, mystically.

...actually, Cthulhu, so... Ishtar can't lie, but can she detect lies?

Like, mystically.
    I mean she's old as ****, so her intuition is pretty mystical. Thankfully her telepathy is only conversational though, otherwise she'd pull a "read all your thoughts on contact" like Goku ... like Goku.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean she's old as ****, so her intuition is pretty mystical. Thankfully her telepathy is only conversational though, otherwise she'd pull a "read all your thoughts on contact" like Goku ... like Goku.
    Ah, so "just" mundane intuition backed up by OVER 9000 years of experience.

Ah, so "just" mundane intuition backed up by OVER 9000 years of experience.
    I mean you could probably quadruple that and then like .. keep going.

Arx Inosaan

Welp, I'm off to bed. Gotta be to work in...

*checks*

...three hours.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sorry, Noldere. Gotta go to work, so I'll respond when I get back.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sorry, Noldere. Gotta go to work, so I'll respond when I get back.
    *Stealth edits post while you're away*

*Still manages to fail to edit the post before you get back*

But no, I'll probably be at work late today, so it's not like I'll be able to do more than quick (for me) posts like this until that time, anyway.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Retired Overlord

Then again, time in this game is a big ball of timey-wimey stuff, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    What is "time", anymore ?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    **** time. There. I said it.
    We're gonna have to have Etrina materialize time itself into the form of a beautiful woman, like her ancestors did.

...or something.
    KekekekekekekekeKEKEKEKEKEKEKEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I've added some future, locked abilities to Meagan's list.

Techniques
    • Chroma Blast: A blast of Rainbow colored Ki Energy.
    • Rainbow Discs: Shapes her rainbow Ki into a dozen or more 2-inch or larger diameter spinning discs that she launches and controls at will. A form of Ki Shuriken.
    • Rainbow Kienzan [Locked]: Her take on Krillian's signature technique. Instead of many smaller discs, she creates one, really large and very destructive disc that is quite beautiful to look at, as long as you are not the target.
    • Rainbow Reflection: A modification of her discs which turns them into a defense, not only blocking attacks but also deflecting or reflecting Ki and other Energy attacks back to their source or to any other target she chooses.
    • Prism Laser [Locked]: Ability to emit a fine, laser of Ki energy from one or more of her fingers. It can cut through almost anything, depending on her power levels.
    • Power Combo Alpha: Basic Martial Arts that combines many different styles. Effective as it is both unpredictable and unusual.
    • Power Combo Beta: AKA Teal Blade - A martial Arts attack using her cloak as a weapon whose edges can be as sharp as any blade when used in combo with her ki.
    • Power Combo Delta: A stealth attack using invisibility and the Ninjutsu skills she learned from her Mentor.
    • Amplification: From observing others, she has learned to increase the sensitivity of her strongest sense, her hearing. The mroe Ki she uses, the greater the increase in the power of her hearing.
    • Blessing of Light: The user must be in contact with the recipient. The recipient must be either dying, on death's door, or just passed into death within the last minute for the technique to work. The Blessing of Light forms a bond between the user and recipient that uses the life force of the user to stabilize the wounded/dead/near dead. However, this technique is draining the longer the bond exists. Only those with superb ki control can even perform it. Beyond that, the longer the bond, the faster it drains the user, putting them at risk of death.
      The technique cannot "heal" a person. All it does is keep them from going that last step/pulls them back from that last step into death. It's use is only for emergencies when a healer is not readily available, nor a regen tank, and you have to act fast.
    • Reaching for the Light [Locked]: A Ki booster to her speed - reflexive movement, running and flying. The more Ki she can channel, the faster she can go. It also creates a natural Aura Barrier around her to protect her body from any harmful effects of moving at high speed. Used too often without rest, it can cause physical injury.
    • Multiplication [Locked]: Creates multiple physical Ki clones of herself, each one acting independently, but in connection with Meagan. Doing this diminishes her ability to use Ki attacks, though it doesn't affect flying, invisibility or controlling her cloak (which doesn't replicate). Currently she can only make 1 clone, but as she gets' stronger, as her Ki and power levels increase, she will gradually be able to make more than that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Let's kill time.

Which of the Seven Sins do you think your character would have the most of? You can also give your assessment of others.

So....

Chou: Wrath--He's usually one of the angrier of the PC's, and somewhat bitter at times. Somewhat prone to lashing out, and conflicted about himself.
    Ocha: Pride--Confident in his skills, almost disdainful of those of the others in the art of combat.
    Totoma: Envy--It's to be expected given his ridicule for being a halfbreed, and their treatment of him did drive him to dishonor a fair swath of them.
    Sarada: Lust--Saiyan Cultural norms, and she's been the most explicitly sexual character thus far. Also, bloodlust also counts, so whatever.
    Sasheem: Gluttony--Destruction, food, power, freedom. You name it, he wants it, in infinite amounts.
    Held: Sloth--He's capable of improving alot more, but isn't as driven as the rest of the group. He probably could have hit his goals by now if he had more of a fire in him.
    Koori: Greed--He wants the dragonballs, he wants the wish, he wants all the techniques in the universe, and has questionable qualms about getting all the aforementioned.
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-05-2018 at 12:43 PM.