Page 510 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 104104605005065075085095105115125135145205606101010 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Wellp, Zaofan left Nunlil's teleport circle later than the others, and will likely need to think of something to do soon.
    Try to give Ishtar food, should be amusing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

She prefers her meals watered down.

...to water.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

...to water.
    In fairness, she enjoys the taste of food.

It just does nothing for her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It's the abs, Midori.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Default Ochazuke Techniques and Special

Techs under review are unformatted; Tech plays may not occur exactly as displayed in links.
    _____

Ki Attacks

1) Dodonpa: (どどん波 "Explosion Beam") The signature of the Crane School, a ki beam fired from the finger. By concentrating force through a narrow point, it sacrifices raw destructive power for concentrated damage. Can be charged to amplify destructive or piercing effects.
    • Ryuka Dodonpa: (龍火どどん波 "Dragon-Fire Dodonpa") A long tongue of white-hot flame with a maximum range of about five meters. A variant form of the Dragon Style technique, it has neither the range and piercing power of the Dodonpa or the fluid quality of the true Dragon's Fire.

2) Kiai: (気合 "Fighting Spirit") Assertion of ki to apply force over an area of effect.

3) Senko Setsudan (閃光切断 "Flash Cutter") Ki orb gilded with a razor's edge. The centrifugal force and cutting edge allows it to slide around other attacks rather than clashing to set up its true purpose as a mobile reflector for a Dodonpa
    • variant

4) Seisui Tensho (静水転掌 "Flowing-Water Turning Palm") With the redirection of force, the enemy itself becomes Ochazuke's weapon to cast away as he chooses in a lock, throw, takedown, or disengagement.

Battle Meditation series

1) Battle Meditation 1: Kyokushin Keihatsu (極真啓発 "Ultimate Truth Awareness") By reaching his ki out, Ochazuke creates a sixth sense, through subtle energy interactions discerning the true nature of his target, from structure, weak points, and source connections. Ochazuke uses this awareness as a vector to direct his kiai

2) Battle Meditation 2: Sanchin (三戦 "Three Conflicts") The foundational stance of the Crane School, Ochazuke bolsters his physical durability through his ki armouring his body by his will, spirit and energy, increasing his resistance to physical harm and amplifying the penetrative power of his strikes
    • variant

3) Battle Meditation 3: Kei'i Ken (形意拳 "Form-Intention Fist") Ochazuke concentrates his sense-awareness directly to himself or an ally to receive or offer a boost in focus, enhancing the efficacy of the next action (+Focus / +Critical Hit %)

4) Kenpo Gokui (拳法極意 "Inner Secret of Martial Arts) **LOCKED**

Kikojutsu Series:

1) Kikoho (氣功砲 "Energy Control Cannon") Using life energy to go beyond the usual threshold of ki blasts, Ochazuke puts everything he has into a blast that, with perfect form, allows him to summon a power far beyond the limits of his power level. (Charge time [3 posts]; Stamina [2 shots])
    • Mushin Kikoho (無心氣功砲 "Kikoho Zero") A less lethal variant, Mushin Kikoho reduces the charge time by more than half and reduces the blowback of the technique, the tradeoff in the depth of power Ochazuke can reach with this blast is no greater than twice his power level at full-charge. (Kei'i Ken must be activated [1 post]; Stamina: 6 shots])

2) Danko Sosai Ken (断己相殺拳"Self-Sacrificing Offset Fist) Kikojutsu technique of the body. Ochazuke stakes his life to his limbs and strikes with a concentrated strength. Current limit without accruing immediate damage is a 25% increase beyond the limits of his body (Limitation: req. 1 post after Kei'i-Ken to charge. Application is limited to areas of contact [ex: arm, leg, etc] successful contact results in progressive damage)
    • Zenrei no ken (全霊の拳 "Fist of One's Whole Soul") **LOCKED**

3) Netsu Kanashibakusho (熱金縛掌 Zeal-binding Palm) Kikojutsu of the Mind. Ochazuke alters his opponent's perception by unfastening their will from their body through heightened consciousness. An opponent about equal in power level will experience a heightened awareness and an illusory moment of action, but their body does not keep pace with flood of information from their uncontrolled senses, effectively slowed in a delayed onset of action. A guarded opponent, or one significantly greater in power, may continue to move with a notably reduced efficacy in the shaping of their next technique. (1 second / 2000 PL (9000 = 4.5, about 2 posts) **LOCKED**

Senshin Series (先心 "Awakening"):

1) Shoshin Hiei (初心飛衛 "Flying Defense of the Naive Mind") On guard with a lack of preconception towards an opponent, Ochazuke through his the understanding of ki-based flight, gains an enhanced reactive mobility based on his relationship to his surroundings. Like water formless water trickling into cracks or shaped to a vessel, with concentration he is gains an enhanced intuition in his defensive actions, shaped by his aura as revealed by his battle meditation.

2) Zanshin Touki (残心闘氣 "Fighting Spirit of the Aware Mind") A warrior's weakest time is in the remaining moment after the successful execution of a technique, for during overextension there is an opening created. Ochazuke, through the intended point of contact after a strike, can follow his effort with a concentrated burst of kiai at 100% of his power to various effects, from striking the same target twice with one hit to a burst of suppressive force like an iron wind. Effectively the first strike acts as a feint or stop-hit, followed by the fullness of the spirit behind it.

3) Mushin Nehan (無心涅槃 "Extinguishing Void Mind") The superfluities which burden the mind of the warrior prevents one from moving with proper form. By intercepting his opponent's emotional tenseness, Ochazuke can delay or snuff out the execution of an enemy's technique to create an opening to move in and capitalize (+ Hit %/ - Opponent's Hit %)

Fudoshin Series (不動心 "Immovable Soul):

1) Kongosho (金剛掌 "Vajra Palm") After studying the mechanics of Junjo nullification, Ochazuke as discovered a technique to break a foe's technique by desynchronizing their energy from their body. Contact with freeform energy allows him to cut through it; physical contact results in a 'snuffing out' of ki effectively stopping or delaying their action, with effects including a notably reduced efficacy in the shaping of their next technique and an increased charge time. [Limitations: Successful stoppage depends on landing this technique before the opponent's execution]

2) Saifa Kensaku (砕破羂索 “Severance Noose” ) Ochazuke immobilizes the opponent by using his meditation field as a vector to constantly displace and redirect their energies, and by using their own force against them, he is able to bind an opponent significantly stronger than he is for a limited number of posts (2-5). Currently this restraining technique does not harm the opponent, and Ochazuke cannot move or apply any other techniques besides Battle Meditation while using this.

3) Banjakuza (盤石座 "Bedrock Throne") **LOCKED**

Subquest Acquisitions

1) Shinkeisuji-do (神経筋道 "Way of Nerves and Muscles") With the use of ki control, Ochazuke sheathes his nerves with energy to create an extremely fine point of interception in order to nullify the effects of pressure-point attacks. By bolstering the energy at the site of impact, the ki and pressure imparted is nullified and he maintains motor control over the targeted area. Because of the focus and skill involved in using this technique - especially since it causes, if done wrong, extreme pain in the blowback - at his current level of skill Ochazuke cannot use offensive ki techniques while engaged in countering acupressure strikes. [Learned from Evangeline]

2) Karura no Kaen (迦楼羅の火炎 “Flame of Garuda”) [Adaptation of Dragon's Fire/ Dragon's Endurance] Casting his ki in a fiery outward aura about him, Ochazuke burns away outside influences to reduce their effects on his person and surrounding allies. (Elemental resistance, restoration from status effects, enemy debuff) [Learned from Samson Balon]

3) Dragon's Kiss [Learned from Marron Balon]
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-09-2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Newest information

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

...to water.
    Does she have a preference on electrolytes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Does she have a preference on electrolytes?
    The last time she had a flavored beverage, it was coffee.

Before that, alcohol.

Ishtar hasn't ever had flavored water.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just wait til Meagan gets' the chance to do one.
    The Kamehameha? Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    How dare you.

The Kamehameha is a very important ability only learned by the pure of hea-

Roshi was the first ... Never mind.
    I loled.

The last time she had a flavored beverage, it was coffee.

Before that, alcohol.

Ishtar hasn't ever had flavored water.
    Oh, don't worry. I have ideas for the water-only members of the group.

----

Also, I didn't realize that we unlocked new abilities. Time for Zaofan's new bo staff projectile finisher: Scarlet X!
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-11-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Name: Nunlil
    Race/Species: Oni
    Height/Weight: 7'0", 150kg

Power Level: 260

Style: Soul Reaper

Techniques:

Ballad of Pain - An orb of the Oni's dark-colored Ki that crackles with destructive energies.

Blast Grenade - A small sphere of concussive energy that is charged up in Ninlil's hands before detonating upon impact with a target, or at close range.

Ride the Lightning - Ninlil can discharge lightning from her eyes, and horns, after a short charge up.

Seek and Destroy - The Oni is capable of pairing herself with individuals Ki signatures on contact; allowing her to keep track of them across interstellar distances/dimensional barriers.

Freebird - Long range teleportation.

Who Are You? - Ninlil is capable of disguising herself as others, up to and including the sound of their voice.

Items:

N/A

Special/Racial Traits:
    Magic
    Conversational Telepathy

History:

Nunlil spent the majority of her life carrying out the task of hunting down errant souls before ushering them on to their final resting place. It was an existence the Oni accepted without complaint for it was all that she knew; and the timeless existence wore on her. After a dereliction of her duties, the Oni was banished and roamed for a time before finally settling on Earth ... and after several conflicts many of which were instigated by herself, she was sealed away. Until a Fallen Kami found her prison and offered her a choice ...

Other:
    Her name is taken from the Sumerian Goddess of the Southern Winds.
    Was a Soul Reaper, or Bounty Hunter tasked with collecting errant souls that refused to be sorted. Usually those doomed to Hell.
    Lost her left eye during the Assault on the GeoFront.
    Some of her abilities are based on classic rock and metal songs.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-15-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Arx Inosaan

tadah

/limit

Arx Inosaan

What are you Oni made of? 7 feet tall, ripped as hell, and she weighs less tha 200 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    What are you Oni made of? 7 feet tall, ripped as hell, and she weighs less tha 200 pounds.
    They're secretly birds.

Arx Inosaan

Sasheem New Abilities:

Venom Mist: A ki technique first devised by the long dead Snake School. Ki spat out that takes on a poisonous property, that can temporarily blind upon contact with the eyes. The poison leads to a temporary loss of motor control.

Naga Palm: A technique first devised by the long dead Snake School and variation on the multi-arm technique. With intense concenttration, Sasheem can sprout up to five extra arms, growing seven in total, giving him the abilit to cover his blind spots and take on multiple enemies at once in physical combat.

In addition, all of these arms also stretch just the same as his standard two limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    They're secretly birds.
    In truth, the weight was suggested.

Though looking at it, Ishtar is 200lbs at 5'6" and Ninlil is ... roughly a foot and a half taller, and has more ... chest armor. I'm sure Cleric will forgive me the alteration to a more understandable weight.

Arx Inosaan