Page 1005 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006100710081009101510551105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 16893

Huh.

Chroma will be amusing for Ishtar. You'll see why in a second.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Waiting in Cleric, not sure if I should post anything GM like until he is back.

Note: Unless it is relevant, if I post something about a Chromakai I probably won't describe how they look too much. By now, everyone knows that they are a very multicolored species.

I'll help Cleric out with this, but let him take the lead unless he says otherwise.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-06-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The proof that Sihn promised Asha'rah to verify his claims.
    Ahh, yeah, she’s has them in a small pouch that appeared with her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Huh.

Chroma will be amusing for Ishtar. You'll see why in a second.
    Not sure why, but looking forward to finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For what it's worth, with the exception of this most recent poll one of my votes had always gone to Totoma.

Dare I ask what the last one was?
    Eh, to be honest, it was a really, really distant third reason. And I fully realize that it was... overly competitive and kind of petty for me to feel that way. But thanks for the vote(s) of confidence, nonetheless.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Ishtar is basically a Black Mage.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I gotta go for a while. Essentially Ochazuke is telling Meagan to lead.

Otherwise he will defer to Miras. Or Zaofan for...reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Eh, to be honest, it was a really, really distant third reason. And I fully realize that it was... overly competitive and kind of petty for me to feel that way. But thanks for the vote(s) of confidence, nonetheless.
    Eh, don't worry about it. I see these polls more of an indication that certain players likely need to post more often lol

I think Totoma was interesting in Arc 1 because despite of his great potential and promises of heroic deeds within the scope of his power, he was consistently his own worst enemy. I can see where you're coming from in terms of his character development, but even so I wonder what his Karine-less existence might be like.

Also, Ochazuke might be able to give Nevanlinna that pun you're looking for. Depends what she does in the next little bit.

Why is everyone so hard on Meagan, she explained her actions, isn't that enough? She is neither weak nor a coward, yet it feels like there is an implication that she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Why is everyone so hard on Meagan, she explained her actions, isn't that enough? She is neither weak nor a coward, yet it feels like there is an implication that she is.
    That's not what Ochazuke is implying at all.

He is saying:

1) He, among others, is a stranger to this planet, and therefore;
    2) This requires leadership if the task is to be done, a duty however reluctant it behooves Meagan to see done, which;
    3) Likely cannot be done if you hold in your emotions till they burst, go off on your own, and angrily Kaio-ken the biggest Nagadarr in the room.

If it came across as passive-aggressive that wasn't the intention. I will say, however, that asserting your character requires they be tested and challenged once in a while and requires them to speak to it.

But if you don't want to interact that is absolutely your choice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    That's not what Ochazuke is implying at all.

He is saying:

1) He, among others, is a stranger to this planet, and therefore;
    2) This requires leadership if the task is to be done, a duty however reluctant it behooves Meagan to see done, which;
    3) Likely cannot be done if you hold in your emotions till they burst, go off on your own, and angrily Kaio-ken the biggest Nagadarr in the room.

If it came across as passive-aggressive that wasn't the intention. I will say, however, that asserting your character requires they be tested and challenged once in a while and requires them to speak to it.

But if you don't want to interact that is absolutely your choice as well.
    Maybe I'm having trouble understanding what he is saying. Is he saying that it is wrong for Meagan to stay calm and not show anger or emotion? Meagan is fully capable of leading, given the chance. It just doesn't help when an assertion is made that she is refusing to face something when she has face it her entire life. He seems to be challenging her as if to say that he is a better leader than she is. Or am I wrong about that?

They only just step foot on the planet, what is he expecting of her so soon?

Reluctant seems to be the key word. He does not trust Meagan to be a leader, and does not want to give her a chance to do so. But he is forced to and he doesn't like it.

I don't mean to sound mean about this, I'm only trying to understand Ochazuke's intention and psychology.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-06-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Up for some banter with Erosa, Sandman?

Retired Overlord

Up for some banter with Erosa, Sandman?
    Banter you say. *Applies monocle*

Could someone catch me up on the decision process that lead us to head to Chromakai after crashing the slave auction?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Banter you say. *Applies monocle*
    Jolly I did, good sir!

Astonishing Member

Could someone catch me up on the decision process that lead us to head to Chromakai after crashing the slave auction?

Jolly I did, good sir!
    I admit, I kind of missed that myself.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Tran and Tron got orders to drop the rescued Chromaki back home and help Miras to end the Nagadarr invasion essentially. You lot agreed to help.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM