Page 1010 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 105109109601000100610071008100910101011101210131014102010601110 ... LastLast
Results 15,136 to 15,150 of 16893
    Retired Overlord

*In Honor of Jack*

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    tbh, I haven't committed the time to sitting down and reconciling Zaofan's emotions throughout Chapter 2. He's confirmed his willingness to help Meagan with Chroma several times in Chapter 1, but for the most part, Zaofan hasn't really latched onto the reality of several of the scenarios in Chapter 2 so far. I'm hoping to get him a bit more formed and realized soon.

<snip>
    That's fine with me, only I keep imagining him wandering around thinking he is still in the simulation room on the lookout. At least I know he hasn't gone that far.

Debating when or if I should bring my two NPCs into this. I know Dash would love to see Zaofan again, as a friend of course.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Fair enough, but he does have a choice in the matter. No one is forcing him, or anyone else to stay.
    ...Adam offered to help...
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Even if they think they are doing this a favor to Meagan, it really isn't much of a favor. If things get really bad, and really dangerous, can they be trusted to follow through? Or will they back out because this 'favor' isn't worth it?
    Adam doesn't see it as a favor, it sees it as innocent people in danger, not something to be walked away from just because it's hard.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

I mean, everyone agreed to help.

The issue seems to be that they don't care as much as Meagan, which ... confuses me to be honest. It's not like the motivation matters beyond the fact that they said they'd help Meagan save her people.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    ...Adam offered to help...
    I know, wasn't saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam doesn't see it as a favor, it sees it as innocent people in danger, not something to be walked away from just because it's hard.
    My issue isn't with every character, Meagan generally like Adam. Though the incident on the ship with Midori tested that a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean, everyone agreed to help.

The issue seems to be that they don't care as much as Meagan, which ... confuses me to be honest. It's not like the motivation matters beyond the fact that they said they'd help Meagan save her people.
    Not sure that there was a concenssus on this from everyone. How many actually came up to Meagan and told her that they were going to help? Did Isthar? I know Sarada wants to help, as does Zaofan, Adam, probably Shiro and MIdori since Shiro was the first to learn about teh situation on Chroma. There are others as well, but a few ... well, the quotes I posted seem to give a sense as to how they feel about it.

Look, Meagan is happy for the help, she welcomes and appreciates everyone's help, regardless of their motivations. Only saying that, if any character wants out for any reason, that is a option as well.

I'm not sure what the point of checking our motivations so many times for is. Are you hoping that nobody but the most all-in, bleeding heart, shounen hero nakama power up levels of commitment will participate?

Those who want to play will stay, those who don't simply might not post. This is a central moment for Meagan and you've got plenty of characters on board for it.

As a character, I have already explained Asha'rah's motivations on this. To Meagan, this is a culmination of her life's work. To Asha'rah, this is a loyalty mission.

But I as a player am looking forward to some good roleplaying opportunities and see plenty of potential in this situation. The hostages on the colossus are a quite possibly delicious addition. I want to see Meagan emote. I want to be drawn into this struggle and its personal significance to her. You have some GM powers here and I'm hoping to see you have fun with it. But none of that is going to happen on the discussion thread.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 06-07-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Not sure that there was a concenssus on this from everyone. How many actually came up to Meagan and told her that they were going to help? Did Isthar? I know Sarada wants to help, as does Zaofan, Adam, probably Shiro and MIdori since Shiro was the first to learn about teh situation on Chroma. There are others as well, but a few ... well, the quotes I posted seem to give a sense as to how they feel about it.

Look, Meagan is happy for the help, she welcomes and appreciates everyone's help, regardless of their motivations. Only saying that, if any character wants out for any reason, that is a option as well.
    Okay, so let me ask this.

Why does it matter how they feel? They're there, they're going to help. Why does it matter beyond that?

And no.

Ishtar did not approach Meagan, because Meagan was not the one who asked. Ishtar was asked by Tran, and Tron, and it was literally the first time she'd heard of Chroma's problem. But she agreed to go and help, because she doesn't care for slavery, and Sarada was going to be there helping; so why wouldn't she?

That she doesn't care about the issue itself (two races struggling for survival, a thing she's seen play out hundreds of times without involving herself) doesn't matter beyond the fact that she agreed to help. And it's pretty well documented that, once her word is given, she does her best to keep it. It's why she helped Kami at first, even after getting ticked right off that she'd been manipulated into it. It's why she straight up killed herself.

So.

I'm going to ask this again, because I'm really confused. Why does it matter, how they feel, when they are all there to help?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I'm not sure what the point of checking our motivations so many times for is. Are you hoping that nobody but the most all-in, bleeding heart, shounen hero nakama power up levels of commitment will participate?

Those who want to play will stay, those who don't simply might not post. This is a central moment for Meagan and you've got plenty of characters on board for it.

As a character, I have already explained Asha'rah's motivations on this. To Meagan, this is a culmination of her life's work. To Asha'rah, this is a loyalty mission.

But I as a player am looking forward to some good roleplaying opportunities and see plenty of potential in this situation. The hostages on the colossus are a quite possibly delicious addition. I want to see Meagan emote. I want to be drawn into this struggle and its personal significance to her. You have some GM powers here and I'm hoping to see you have fun with it. But none of that is going to happen on the discussion thread.
    I agree, I never meant for things to get this blown up. I, and Meagan, mostly had issues with the comments about it being 'Her Fight Alone'. Which is a pretty jarring comment to make under these circumstances.

In game, we will see where that leads.

Okay, so let me ask this.

Why does it matter how they feel? They're there, they're going to help. Why does it matter beyond that?

And no.

Ishtar did not approach Meagan, because Meagan was not the one who asked. Ishtar was asked by Tran, and Tron, and it was literally the first time she'd heard of Chroma's problem. But she agreed to go and help, because she doesn't care for slavery, and Sarada was going to be there helping; so why wouldn't she?

That she doesn't care about the issue itself (two races struggling for survival, a thing she's seen play out hundreds of times without involving herself) doesn't matter beyond the fact that she agreed to help. And it's pretty well documented that, once her word is given, she does her best to keep it. It's why she helped Kami at first, even after getting ticked right off that she'd been manipulated into it. It's why she straight up killed herself.

So.

I'm going to ask this again, because I'm really confused. Why does it matter, how they feel, when they are all there to help?
    Lets' answer that question IN GAME. Like Falcon said, talking about this in discussion is going no where and serving no purpose.

You brought it into the discussion, in the first place. .

Arx Inosaan

You brought it into the discussion, in the first place. .
    Now let's drop it. This goes nowhere healthy, and wastes a lot of energy that could be devoted to making the game awesome.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Agreed. In game, please.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM