Page 1011 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 115119119611001100710081009101010111012101310141015102110611111 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,165 of 16893

Two of Ishtar's Abilities have been Upgraded (at the cost of the 13th Technique Slot):

Spəntā Ārmaiti - "... of Mother Nature; she who is the very ground beneath your feet ... who provides for her children good dwelling, and enduring ..." - Ishtar's body has formed a kinship with the earth itself, and through it is able to take on its aspects; allowing her to bolster her defenses while also improving her ability to withstand punishment. Yet as her connection with the world(s) around her, and its 'children', has deepened; so too has the golden-eyed Oni's understanding of it.
    • Pṛthivīpatnī - "The Lady of Earth ..." - By filtering her Ki down into the world(s) beneath her, Ishtar capable of manipulating the sand, stone, and soil, as she might her own limbs in an area around herself equal to 50-Yards for each 10000 of her PL. Supplemental to this, as had been performed once before- an act of desperation more so than understanding- Ishtar is capable of spreading her bolstered defenses to that of her allies through physical contact.
    Amərətāt - "... and of plant-life, and the immortality provided by its sustenance." - By actively drawing upon the plant-life around her, Ishtar is capable of amplifying the strength of a single action that relies upon her Ki. Yet as her understanding of the connection between herself, and the Flora that is found upon the surface of the world(s) flourishes, so too does her understanding of the relationship between it (Amərətāt), and Spəntā Ārmaiti.
    • Dūraoša - "Of the beautiful man, he who through the White Haoma, keeps death at a distance." - By repurposing the energy absorbed from plant-life, Ishtar is capable of offering succor, and nourishment to those in need by filtering this energy into their bodies to either replenish their stamina, heal injury, or empower their next Ki-based ability. Ishtar is capable of storing the energy necessary for (2) uses, gaining additional 'charges' at a rate of (1) per 10000 PL, unaugmented. A single charge is capable of restoring 25% of one's stamina/energy, healing injuries no greater than broken bones, or amplifying the strength of a target's next Ki-based ability by 50% of their base PL. Multiple charges are capable of restoring an additional 25% of one's stamina/energy per charge, healing moderate internal injury, and amplifying the strength of a target's Ki-based ability by an additional 10% of their base PL per charge. Ishtar is, by nature of the ability, incapable of using this ability (Amərətāt) on herself.
    Thoughts?

I will chose one or the other in the event both are too much.

Flavor text (the quotes) have also been updated to better reflect the true nature of the Amesha Spenta in question.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 06-07-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sandman, I'm kinda guessing the magicite crytal is red. I couldn't find any reference to its color in the previous game thread. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Two of Ishtar's Abilities have been Upgraded (at the cost of the 13th Technique Slot):

Thoughts?

I will chose one or the other in the event both are too much.

Flavor text (the quotes) have also been updated to better reflect the true nature of the Amesha Spenta in question.
    Ishtar getting Earthbender powers sounds cool, and has room for fun interactions with Asha'rah's ability to create materials out of nothing.

I have never heard of anyone objecting to more healing. Eventually the math multipliers for power boosting are going to stack atop each other and create some ridonkulous numbers, but I'm not remotely worried about you breaking the game. You're really good at keeping your character's power level in check (a cut above me, frankly) and Cleric's there to clean up any mess anyway.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Sandman, I'm kinda guessing the magicite crytal is red. I couldn't find any reference to its color in the previous game thread. Let me know if I'm wrong.
    It's more of a silvery white color, but looking back I don't think I even described it beyond the fact it was crystal.(Even thought I swear I had a memory of finding a crystal picture for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    So, I'm officially dropping out of the RPG.

I haven't replied for awhile. So I figured I'd make it official.

I want to make it clear that I had a great time, and that I'm dropping out because I've taken on some new responsibilities, and goals in my real life that are putting a severe damper on any kind of extra internet fun times.

I want to thank everyone for the good times had in this game, and especially Cleric for GMing and putting everything together. This is probably my favorite online RPG that I ever been in. I really want to continue, but I'm just too busy, and drained when I'm free to focus on a game, as good as the game might be, and as much fun as a might be having.

Again, thanks for the great time everyone, and apologies for dropping out.
    Damn. Sucks to see you dropping, but I hope you do great with your current goals. While he'll be NPC'd for a bit, I'll miss Jack overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    So, I'm officially dropping out of the RPG.

I haven't replied for awhile. So I figured I'd make it official.

I want to make it clear that I had a great time, and that I'm dropping out because I've taken on some new responsibilities, and goals in my real life that are putting a severe damper on any kind of extra internet fun times.

I want to thank everyone for the good times had in this game, and especially Cleric for GMing and putting everything together. This is probably my favorite online RPG that I ever been in. I really want to continue, but I'm just too busy, and drained when I'm free to focus on a game, as good as the game might be, and as much fun as a might be having.

Again, thanks for the great time everyone, and apologies for dropping out.
    Ah, that's unfortunate for us, but hopefully these real-life responsibilities are something too good to pass up. In those, I wish you all the best.

I know Jack and Ocha had barely said a word since the first part of the campaign, but I appreciate the silent understanding they had during every battle. The human reps drop by one, but rest assured that Earth is gonna give it to the universe in Jack's stead!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    ...I actually need to figure out the most heroic cast members now.
    Well if this big ol' alignment chart is accurate in any way:

Let's try to figure it out.

Lawful Good

P-Sta, Totoma, Midori, Zaofan, Shiro, Karine

Neutral Good

Ochazuke, Adam, Held, Etrina, Jack, Slak, Chuan

Chaotic Good

Sarada, Erosa, Charco, Meagan

Lawful Neutral

Asha'rah

True Neutral

Ishtar

Chaotic Neutral

Nevanlinna

Lawful Evil

Koorimaru

Neutral Evil

???

Chaotic Evil

Sasheem

This is all (reductive) speculation. What do you guys think?

EDIT: First pass, was missing a few characters, doing some tweaks.
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-07-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Pretty accurate, though an argument could be made for Neutral Good Toto.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Chaotic good is a good fit for Sarada, and I'd say most Saiyans these days. Ends justify the means, and the ends are on the just side of the morality spectrum.

As for Sarada, her main focus is getting a good fight, so she'll fight on the side of Justice as long as that caveat is met. Except when children are in danger, then she turns into Lawful Good.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-07-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sasheem should be chaotic evil.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I think that Meagan is more Chaotic Good. When something needs to be done, she'll do it even if it means going invisible and breaking your neck when you don't even have a chance to defend yourself. But she will always be doing it for the benefit of others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    It's more of a silvery white color, but looking back I don't think I even described it beyond the fact it was crystal.(Even thought I swear I had a memory of finding a crystal picture for it).
    Post corrected!

You were pumping out industrial amounts of story posts for that timeskip tournament. Absolutely no shame if a tiny detail like that got lost in the shuffle.

As an aside, the Vacado posts were a bit of a time-warp, taking place... a bit before the asteroid, I guess?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Ochazuke: *shifts gaze towards Sarada* Hey can I ask you something?

Sarada: EVERYTHING IS FINE! WHY?!

Ochazuke: ...is that a statement of truth or one of existential doub-

Sarada: CAN'T HEAR YOU CHARGING MY GALICK GUN!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke: *shifts gaze towards Sarada* Hey can I ask you something?

Sarada: EVERYTHING IS FINE! WHY?!

Ochazuke: ...is that a statement of truth or one of existential doub-

Sarada: CAN'T HEAR YOU CHARGING MY GALICK GUN!
    And Ocha just wanted to ask her what kind of shampoo she uses for her mane. LOL
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!