Page 1013 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 135139139631003100910101011101210131014101510161017102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,195 of 16893

I... hm...

Ishtar in an arc or two?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Goodness, that is hilarious. Just wait till they start collectively peeing on him.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I got a good laugh out of that
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ishtar should wrap her tail around Eresh's waist to carry her around, then use her as either a bludgeoning weapon or projectile if the need arises.
    What about her magicky book ? It has names and such in it, should Ishtar consume the book to gain its power ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Just in! Ishtar is the new Kekowa. XD
    Then I have failed.

Ishtar is supposed to be a beacon of light ... with an armor comprised of children.

Kekowa from what I remember, was a flaming dumpster with rocket skates.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    I... hm...

Ishtar in an arc or two?
    Goodness, that is hilarious. Just wait till they start collectively peeing on him.
    Even more armor. The man is a genius.

And look at how smug the babies are.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

At the least, Ishtar can respond to Adam as well.

He asked for someone who can survive unaided in space; and Ishtar spent a full day on a ruined moon, with no atmosphere in plain clothes. I think. I don't think I ever explained how she survived that. Perhaps it was oversight on my part, hell it almost positively was considering how exhausted I was during that week of frenzied writing ... I've no idea where I'm going with this.

Also Adam,

You're X-Men: First Class Magneto.

Perfection.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Tami, your mailbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    At the least, Ishtar can respond to Adam as well.

He asked for someone who can survive unaided in space; and Ishtar spent a full day on a ruined moon, with no atmosphere in plain clothes. I think. I don't think I ever explained how she survived that. Perhaps it was oversight on my part, hell it almost positively was considering how exhausted I was during that week of frenzied writing ... I've no idea where I'm going with this.

Also Adam,

You're X-Men: First Class Magneto.

Perfection.
    I think you've explained in the past that Ishtar does eventually need to breathe at some point, but very, very little. I just took it as her power level being at the point where she could fight for an extended period and then watch the sunrise before heading back to the ship. In any case, Asha'rah can create oxygen!

All Totoma needs is a fresh breath of JUSTICE.

Which is good, because otherwise he wouldn't have survived Karine.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

I think you've explained in the past that Ishtar does eventually need to breathe at some point, but very, very little. I just took it as her power level being at the point where she could fight for an extended period and then watch the sunrise before heading back to the ship. In any case, Asha'rah can create oxygen!
    Cuz she's magic.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Tami, your mailbox is full.
    Inbox is open.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"But once the children are safe, I'm going after the Demons myself" is a statement reasonably interpretable to mean either an intention to fight solo, or a statement of one's personal intentions.

Tami: Nobody is out to get you in this game. If we have a problem with the story direction, I'm pretty sure we can at least be trusted not to be passive aggressive about it. Frankly, Meagan is the most memorable character you've ever created, at least from my perspective. She's had agency, risks have been taken with her character, she's got a fleshed out background, all the makings of good roleplaying. As I've said before, I want to see more of her and am enjoying what I see. In fact, Meagan and Ochazuke's arguments in-game are juicy material, and I enjoyed reading the interaction between them. But if people cannot challenge Meagan without putting you off personally, that's going to severely limit the possible scope of interaction. Nobody is out to get you, but I doubt any of us are here to pitter patter around anybody's ego either. That's what brought down Silver Knight, Captain England and even Chou.

The big difference is that you've never, ever had a problem with trying to make yourself overpowered. But living vicariously through your character to the point that people challenging you in-game is an indictment of you personally? That's not healthy, for you or for the game. I'm really glad you've taken a much more active role with Meagan than with past characters and are looking for interaction, but as Rocky says, "you've gotta be willing to take the hits."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYZmmt_hRs&t=2m57s

Grampagen: You already knew from yesterday that Tami didn't respond well to Ochazuke's approach and took things personally. Yet instead of trying to adapt and communicate beforehand to make sure you and Tami were on the same page, you rammed head first into the exact same sore spot yet again. I dont know why you expected a different result. Ochazuke is a confrontational hardass with a well-hidden heart, and we love him for it. But anyone acting like that in real life would be asking to get their ass beat, or at the least socially shunned. If a problem develops between players arising from this sort of behavior, isn't the proper step supposed to be de-escalation? If someone has a personal problem with what you're doing, they're generally not seeing your point of view. Acting as if said point of view should be obvious and intuitive when it's plainly not in this instance isn't going to help matters.

Tami is, as far as I can see, the first one to react negatively to the Ochazuke treatment in the six months he's been going around doing his thing. And instead of either working it out or just refraining from directly interacting, you're put off enough to consider quitting not just this arc, but the game entirely? You're a veteran of Cleric games, you've seen plenty more drama than this and come through alright.

Ochazuke: You should have been prepared for the backlash from those unprepared for your harsh approach. If your resolve has grown so fragile that a petty argument with one player is enough to make you quit, then you were too weak to have been playing me anyway.
    To an extent, perhaps I do take things personally. But I have tried to explain the lapses in logic that have lead to this, I have tried to explain my actions and why I decided to have Meagan say or do things, I have explained it over and over. And over. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes as does Meagan. If she makes a mistake that deserves to be called out, then I can deal with it just fine. I agreed that Meagan should have made more of an effort to interact with others, so I have been trying to do that when I can. Meagan can be impulsive, but she is trying to control those impulses, still you have to allow her some imperfections.

Criticize her for the things she deserves to be criticized for. Not for the little things, the choice of words, the turn of her head, find something solid and real to criticize her for. She can take it and so can I. If Meagan says something you are not sure how to interpret, ask her in game and leave it at that. Just, please, don't put my writing on trial. I don't have much RL free time right now to agonize over every word choice here. I get really tired trying to explain [sometimes defend] my choice of words or actions.

Simply put, if you ask me why I had Meagan say or do something here in the Discussion thread, and I provide an answer, if that answer isn't good enough send me a PM. If you want to learn more about her background, her motivations, that's' fine. Just allow that she has a right to be imperfect. I will try to keep my Inbox open.

In exchange, I'll try not to let this get personal.

Just to clarify, I have gotten along well with most players. My only wish is to continue to do so. I got into this to have fun, and I want everyone else to have fun as well.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-08-2018 at 04:41 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hmm................

I will be busy today. I’m taking my aunt to her physical therapy after recent knee surgery in like an hour. I have had barely five hours of sleep. I have had barely any sleep this week in fact, and tomorrow I shall be departing on a road trip at five in the morning for most of Saturday.

Please, all of you, be nice and helpful to one another (Falcon, thank you for understanding). Some players are more emotional than others, and they take their failures or slights or criticism more personally, because they love their character and are doing their best.

Some players are more focused and investigatory in their playing, adding layers and meaning behind everything they say, taking time to think deeply how their character would truly respond or act. Almost becoming the character in ways.

Some players are here to blast crap in wicked beam battles (waves hand).

What I’m saying is that there are over a dozen competeing play styles in game. Sometimes they mesh well, sometimes they don’t, and I’ve done my best to melting pot them all. But this game has been amazing so far (easily one of my favs) and I would hope we can all work together to continue to weave an intricate story.

Now then, while I am not here, keep things civil, please. Any complaints or confusion should be addressed openly and honestly and if needs be via PM to me or between each other.

Thank you, and have a good day today. I’ll be on again later after my aunt’s physical therapy is over.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar is attempting to figure out how best to carry a child into danger.

Perhaps she will use her tail.

Sarada ! You are a tail bearing race of kill, or be killed, what would your insight be ?
    Put her on your back, you can help fufill her dream of being the horseman of death.(Horse substituted with oni of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hmm................

I will be busy today. I’m taking my aunt to her physical therapy after recent knee surgery in like an hour. I have had barely five hours of sleep. I have had barely any sleep this week in fact, and tomorrow I shall be departing on a road trip at five in the morning for most of Saturday.
    I hope your aunt has a speedy recovery. My mom just had knee surgery recently too and that's, um, pretty gross (she loves showing off her scars, for some reason).

But also, I hope that you get to catch up on some sleep for your own sake as well, Cleric.

Some players are here to blast crap in wicked beam battles (waves hand).
    It me!

-----

On a side note, Zaofan will take a moment to honor the memory of Anthony Bourdain

So are we going with Miras' plan, here or what's the dealie.

Arx Inosaan