Page 194 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294694 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Next time, on Dragonball M!

The rogue Crane challenges the Demon!
    Ishtar vs Ochazuke: Battle in pursuit of The Truth!
    I see your music submission and call.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Just for our mutual edification, who's going where during the next campaign split? Might as well compile this in one place

Team Kumite

Sarada
    Totoma
    Charco
    Midori
    Ochazuke
    Jack
    Karine
    Zaofan
    Chuan

Team Strike Force

Chou
    Shiro
    Adam
    Sasheem
    Koorimaru

Team Watchdog/Undecided

Kai
    Ishtar
    Meagan
    Asha'Rah
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-03-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: newest info

...man, Ishtar will be disappointed (again) in Totoma if the subject of 'truth' ever comes up.

Because transcendent truths mean nothing to him, and never will.

Personal truths are another matter, but I doubt Ishtar would be impressed with whatever personal truths Totoma might have.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The U15 Saiyans pretty much don't know any better. They're the most powerful (probably not) race in the universe, so there's no one to tell them they're wrong. Everyone thinks the same way, acts the same way, believes the same things. So in that environment, the same wrong-headed ideas are bouncing around in a vacuum. And the only guy who knows they're on the wrong course , one headed for destruction, isn't saying anything because he knows no one will listen.

By the way, I should write up a bio for King Mato, the strongest of them all!
    Hm... who is that one guy, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    ...man, Ishtar will be disappointed (again) in Totoma if the subject of 'truth' ever comes up.

Because transcendent truths mean nothing to him, and never will.

Personal truths are another matter, but I doubt Ishtar would be impressed with whatever personal truths Totoma might have.
    Eh, Ishtar isn't a zealot.

Otherwise she would have stuck with Zurvan.

So I mean you're right she's not going to be impressed, but personal truths are as important to understanding yourself as anything else Ishtar believes in so she'd straight up support Totoma's endeavors.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Just for our mutual edification, who's going where during the next campaign split? Might as well compile this in one place

Team Kumite

Sarada
    Totoma
    Charco
    Midori
    Ochazuke

Team Strike Force

Chou
    Shiro
    Adam

Team Watchdog

Kai
    Sasheem's going with the Strike Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Eh, Ishtar isn't a zealot.

Otherwise she would have stuck with Zurvan.

So I mean you're right she's not going to be impressed, but personal truths are as important to understanding yourself as anything else Ishtar believes in so she'd straight up support Totoma's endeavors.
    TBH, his 'personal truths' would be in state of flux right now, since he's still in a transitional period of his life. With how he is now, he could either be nudged towards heroism or villainy.

Ishtar's short mental lecture, Karine voicing similar thoughts, and Sarada's brief expression of vulner--*thwack*--allowing the filthy mutt to have the honor of knowing her exalted inner thoughts... pushed him just a bit towards the former.

He still hates purebreds for the most part, though.

Fantastic Member

Team Kumite

Sarada
    Totoma
    Charco
    Midori
    Ochazuke

Team Strike Force

Chou
    Shiro
    Adam
    Koorimaru

Team Watchdog

Kai
    Koori’s with the Strike Force

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The U15 Saiyans pretty much don't know any better. They're the most powerful (probably not) race in the universe, so there's no one to tell them they're wrong. Everyone thinks the same way, acts the same way, believes the same things. So in that environment, the same wrong-headed ideas are bouncing around in a vacuum. And the only guy who knows they're on the wrong course , one headed for destruction, isn't saying anything because he knows no one will listen.

By the way, I should write up a bio for King Mato, the strongest of them all!
    "doesn't know any better" doesn't really justify or excuse the fact they're genocidal, slave-owning monsters.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    TBH, his 'personal truths' would be in state of flux right now, since he's still in a transitional period of his life. With how he is now, he could either be nudged towards heroism or villainy.

Ishtar's short mental lecture, Karine voicing similar thoughts, and Sarada's brief expression of vulner--*thwack*--allowing the filthy mutt to have the honor of knowing her exalted inner thoughts... pushed him just a bit towards the former.

He still hates purebreds for the most part, though.
    Well, if Ishtar continues to be a voice needling in his ear, she'll likely drive him towards something approaching a true neutral. There's times for heroics, and times for villainy. It's just a matter of when to apply it and why.

Team Kumite

Sarada
    Totoma
    Charco
    Midori
    Ochazuke

Team Strike Force

Chou
    Shiro
    Adam

Team Watchdog

Kai
    Ishtar is still undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "doesn't know any better" doesn't really justify or excuse the fact they're genocidal, slave-owning monsters.
    Can you blame a dog bred to fight, for fighting everything and anything ? No. You blame the owner. Perhaps the Saiyan's not knowing any better is less to do with who they innately are, and more to do with how they've been conditioned to be.

Beyond that- it's a rather large plot point in a personal narrative. Wonder if that has any import on the character's development...
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 02-02-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Arx Inosaan

Fantastic Member

And from a narrative standpoint, that’s what makes Sarada interesting.

A flawed individual growing out of her flaws is a far more compelling story than an already decent character only finding further justification for what they already believe.

All in all, I think Sarada is already proving to be the most dynamic character in the story as she has acknowledged the truth of some of Totoma’s ideas which is a huge 180 from where she was.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post

A flawed individual growing out of her flaws is a far more compelling story than an already decent character only finding further justification for what they already believe.

All in all, I think Sarada is already proving to be the most dynamic character in the story as she has acknowledged the truth of some of Totoma’s ideas which is a huge 180 from where she was.
    Well, she's also already made it most of a morning without hitting or throwing something.

Like she's crazy progressive atm

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It wasn't meant to justify it. It was just a way of saying they can change if presented with alternative stimuli and a reason to change.

You're not going to get any arguments from anyone OOC, least of all me, that they aren't complete monsters. That's how I made them and that's how I plan on playing them when some of then show up. Vocado is a horrible place to live for everyone, Saiyan or otherwise. Me saying they don't know any better is me saying that if they do learn better, that will present them with an opportunity to turn around. Whether they do or not will depend on how the game goes.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Meagan is undecided.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, she's also already made it most of a morning without hitting or throwing something.

Like she's crazy progressive atm
    All of this. That's why I made her as big an ******* as constructive PbP rping would allow, because there's greater opportunity for not just development, but noticeable development.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!