Page 206 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Just a reminder that I put up Zaofan's picture on his character page (sorry for the size).

Also, if two Saiyans are going to battle in the tournament, Zaofan should bring a few capsules of buffets, right?

Also, grampagen -- what if Zaofan's Crane School master Yakimesh Toh Magoh was an older, disgruntled but high level student of a former master (maybe Toh Magoh was a student of Chahan's predecessor? Or Chahan himself before Ochazuke joined?) who left the school in a huff long ago? It would mean that Toh Magoh's teachings are shallow and imperfect (and thus so is Zaofan's), almost like a McDojo, more of a means of making a profit rather than actually being true and sincere guidance. It would mean that Zaofan's feeling like a phony and thus trying to compensate, and a reason why the Crane School just doesn't feel like a good fit for him.

I still have to really develop Zaofan's story at the Hotoken and Turtle Schools, but since Ochazuke already has that history of the Crane school, I'm trying to think of a way how Zaofan's story could be almost like an anthology or side story, somewhat connected but otherwise having nothing to do with Ochazuke's main story.
    Sure, PM me if you want to expand on this.

Part of the 1AM lore I typed implied that Chahan uses incomplete teachings as a means to gain public face in the commercial sphere without having to reveal anything more than basic qigong stuff. I actually really like that McDojo angle.

Astonishing Member

/This/ close to finding a way for Held to fight.

OOC be damned.

But now, I managed to dig deep and try and focus on ZA WARUDO BUILDING

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Sorry, sorry. Busy all day. Try to get some dossiers up in the morning if I can.

Did I miss anything?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Sorry, sorry. Busy all day. Try to get some dossiers up in the morning if I can.

Did I miss anything?
    Ochazuke and Ishtar seriously wrecked one Jinzi's gravity chambers the night before ?

Otherwise just general planning.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yep. But only Zaofan has bacon.
    And thus Sasheem made a new enemy. 'Bacon Burglar' Zaofan.

Did I miss anything?
    Yeah Ishtar/ Och wrecked a gravity chamber in spar and just talking mostly. Adam suggesting full blown murder with military tactics. Others discussing just how groups assigned.

Chou mentioning training is not over yet. Once it is they should decide.

Ocha, I took some liberties.

BEHOLD THE WORTH OF AN ONI.

Edit: Inb4 Ocha walks out.

Ocha: Pathetic.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    And thus Sasheem made a new enemy. 'Bacon Burglar' Zaofan.
    "Mmmmm. Bacon Burger..."*drools* [/homer]

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I agree. Let's make it happen
    We'll have to wait for the seemingly never-ending breakfast debriefing to end, but then we can have Midori and Shiro part ways and then have Sarada and Shiro find each other and start talking.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

Held resents the implication that his people are in some manner lacking by comparison to Saiyans!

I mean, okay, yeah, Saiyans are on /average/ more powerful, and will /generally/ tend to have high power levels, but it's not like there haven't been plenty of great Nevadian warriors!

Like....That one guy!

And, that one chick!

..... *Goes back to working on lore*

Did I miss anything?
    Totally fine. Honestly, I could use a little breather to catch up on the RPing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Totally fine. Honestly, I could use a little breather to catch up on the RPing.
    That's a relative term.

I thought I'd come back and the thing would be dead, but much like a real breakfast gathering, the gossip never ends.

I have no idea if I even caught the majority of the posts Held would respond to, and I just decided the tables are so many Held can't keep up with all the 20 conversations or whatever.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    That's a relative term.

I thought I'd come back and the thing would be dead, but much like a real breakfast gathering, the gossip never ends.

I have no idea if I even caught the majority of the posts Held would respond to, and I just decided the tables are so many Held can't keep up with all the 20 conversations or whatever.
    Yeah, same boat myself. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    Asha'rah: There's definitely something incredibly intriguing about this character and I think you've set up some decent breadtrails to keep us sated on where the character is going as well as her true nature. Asha'rah comes off to me as the most genuinely placid of the cast so far (while there are other characters who are cool-headed, they still are capable of frustration, which I don't think I've seen Asha'rah display yet) and she does carve out a niche that really is all her own in that regard.
    Thanks! I'm worried I gave a bit too much away early on, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of how I want to manage the information drip. It's a weird form of fictional amnesia recovery that doesn't deposit all the convenient answers at once. Character-wise, I wanted to pull off writing a character who's been influenced by the teachings of Kame monks over many years, while still retaining the core of her original personality. She definitely feels, and feels strongly about some things, but how she processes those feelings and acts on them are bathed in her centered mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Yeah, same boat myself. ;_;
    There are simply too many conversations in a healthy Cleric RP to possibly keep up with and be involved with everything. Nonetheless, I'd like to create some meaningful interactions with fellow PCs before we're immersed in combat again. I thoroughly enjoyed Asha'rah's sidestory with Erosa, for example, and I reckon it will inform how they interact going forward.