Page 26 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036761265261026 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Personal thoughts, or in-character thoughts?

Both if you want.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I was only ever in Codex and SHR3 as far as Cleric games go.

I did not play well with others, as is my wont, I consistently ran into the problem of being more interested in my own plots for my characters than the main campaign and... well, let's see;

Oliver Vortigern, disappeared in a teleportation sequence in the early phases of the game never to return but did have an alternative universe conclusion where the main cast killed him for his crimes after he had taken over London and driven the population insane. It was a fun sense of closure for the reincarnation of a psychopomp.

Georgina Newman, was largely unaware of the main plot due to being catatonic and quite insane for the majority of the game. She went along with things but ducked out before the final boss fight when she realised that she wasn't hearing the voice of a long dead god but was just in the grips of massive psychological breakdown. She nuked her hometown, obliterating any trace of her as a human from the world and departed into her own private mini universe to grieve and forget about her humanity. Epilogue had her eventually recreating a microcosm of her own origins on a micro version of Earth.

Elewa Ballo, disagreed with most people in the group, didn't want to fight, didn't believe in destiny, believed in the collective ideal trumping the individuals needs and made no friends through trying to act upon his ideologies. He got left behind when the rest of the team went to Mars and then proceeded to wander through the desert for a few months; hallucinating wildly, confronting his inner demons and grappling with his own ideologies of pacifism and how collectivism should interplay with the rights of the individual. He changed a fair bit, became harder and less kind. When he did meet up with the group it freaked them out a bit seeing him so changed. Upon returning to the city, after much more arguing with the group, he left the narrative to secure his home district instead of go along with them because his goals were not in line with that of the main party. He showed up after the final boss fight and got an epilogue wherein he rebuilt the city and got to actually build the utopia he'd been dreaming of.

So yeah, I have never done well in these games.

I hope this game goes well. I'll be watching with some interest!
    I remember Elewa well, especially since he and Jeffry were those buttheads sitting at the back of the class smoking while everyone was signing up for combat drops

Then Jeffry, well...

I find investment in these sort of collaborative storytelling games is more contingent on organic character interactions and player chemistry than trying to "win" the campaign. Of course, PvP competition between varying powersets is an inevitability on the Rumbles forum, but the fact remains.

That's why Natalie was Best Girl but Liu almost died several times =P

Kinda curious what the heck Genesis is, but all things point to super weapon gone wrong..or horribly right depending on who made them.

It does answer the question I had if this group would surpass the previous DBZ one, and seems to be the case by a lot. I think they were in the low thousands? Anyone who was apart of the rpg can correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Kinda curious what the heck Genesis is, but all things point to super weapon gone wrong..or horribly right depending on who made them.

It does answer the question I had if this group would surpass the previous DBZ one, and seems to be the case by a lot. I think they were in the low thousands? Anyone who was apart of the rpg can correct me if I'm wrong.
    In DB Neo our maximum was Saiyan level tier. Ban aka Vegita in Kid Gokus place was literally at Saiyan Saga Vegita power level.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 12-27-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Thoughts on the NPC's so far?
    How much of these NPCs are common knowledge for our characters? Some of them are obviously unknown, but what about ones like Genesis or Wilila Rautt?

As for out of character thoughts, personality-wise we haven't seen anything of them, but other than that, these are just my impressions so far:

Genesis: This is probably intentional, but I get the vague impression that Genesis might not be an actual villain and/or there's more to what happened with her than meets the eye.

Willia Rautt: This one's a bit weird. Did she work for the Wold Government initially? She seems like a publicly known terrorist figure, rather than an actual colonel, so it seems strange that there's no information about what she used to do in her bio.

Kami: Her description makes it seem like she's going to be the one ultimately responsible for gathering our characters together. Her name being lost to history is interesting. It could mean that not many people truly know of her existence (possible, considering she's the Kai), but I could be reading too much into it.

Jinzi: Typical genius billionaire playboy philanthropist that some people think is also a cocky asshole...so, Tony Stark? But he's also a recluse, so...Bruce Wayne?

Jagam: Seems really straightforward in terms of what he's been doing, with this motives explained in the simple terms of him being loyal. He's been indoctrinated to behave the way he does (at the very least), so it seems kinda sympathetic, if you think about it. But then, we might meet him and just think he's a terrible person.

I also don't think we'll be fighting a lot of the NPCs mentioned anytime soon. That, however, is based on the assumption that you'd probably have some surprises in store for the first few battles, so these will probably be non-combat encounters if at all. That, and the party just ain't ready for some of these people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Thoughts on the NPC's so far?
    I've decided Jinzi and Held are rivals, and they spend all their time gambling and playing penalty games. (I will make it my secret head canon that these penalty games depower the loser, and Held has dropped so many that he's now a mere 50 powerlevel)

It's mostly like "Held wants something, and is good at acquiring the things, save the thing Jinzi has that Held wants. Jinzi has most of the things, but is willing to make things interesting if Held gambles the things for this thing."

Held keeps losing the thing and would have probably left years ago if Jinzi would give him the fucking thing.

Half the reason Held hasn't built a massive empire/fortune is because Jinzi keeps winning, and Held has no fucking clue how he does it, and this is a guy who may or may not already have insanely powerful ki reading as one of his base abilities.

Now, instead of one of the premier rich men of planet earth, Held has to be satisfied with having "Fuck You" Money, if he ever deigns to use it.

Held seems more like a hobo with unnaturally high Ki, really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I am sad the Red Raiders are not called the Red Hats or the Red Wristbands or something. Better than Red Shirts though.

Pantaloon is totally evil. Can't trust handsome rich people.

The Saiyan Hybrid seems interesting. Plus, who really minds a few dead Saiyans. Not like they are doing anyone any good
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Held seems more like a hobo with unnaturally high Ki, really.
    It's by choice! Held has lots of money, he's just stingy!

Er...He just can't bring himself to lower himself to mere human standards of using money so freely, when a truly talented negotiator would be able to barter his way to victory.

Or even use his immense negotiation talents, to obtain what is needed.

...If that also fails, he will pay the price of doing business. He will use his account....Bitterly.

Or he could pay the iron price, but eh. He's not some primitive Monkey who just knows smash and bash. (Navadians like to atleast smash the worthy, rather than everything)

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I am sad the Red Raiders are not called the Red Hats or the Red Wristbands or something. Better than Red Shirts though.

Pantaloon is totally evil. Can't trust handsome rich people.

The Saiyan Hybrid seems interesting. Plus, who really minds a few dead Saiyans. Not like they are doing anyone any good
    Sadara minds!

Okay, she may not mind that much. The whole cold and ruthless thing would inhibit her from feeling too much attachment to dead people.

Cleric, would she know him by name, or just as a legend of sorts?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Okay, added a sketch of Sasheem's original form to his character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen;3338820[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiBjOPlMOoU"
    What do you know about Cleric games?[/URL]
    Little known fact: At the end of the Warriors they actially sailed off to Arcadia to hone themselves....for the next bout.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 12-27-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Oh gawd, can't believe I remember my login.

Also placeholder.

Name: Etrina/Erosa

Race/Species: Human/Id

Height/Weight: 135/110

Appearance:
    Etrina
    Attachment 59737
    Erosa
    Attachment 59738

Power Level: 50

Style: Spiritual Magecraft/Berserking

Techniques (Your attacks and what they do. This is where you list your attacks/moves and what they can do)
    Etrina
    Icy Howl - High Speed Projectile ice shards that can be formed and launched in rapid volleys.
    Life Rewinder - Temporal Healing Magic, reverting wounds and damage to a pre-damage state via localized temporal disruption. Experimental Magic with full body limitations and possibility of side-effects.

Erosa
    Dormant Stage- Upon taking enough damage or burning through her ki reserve. Erosa will enter a dormant state, becoming immaterial and returning to her origin realm. There she is safe from harm(with the exception of mental attacks) until she can regain her strength and manifest in physical form again.
    Burning Claws - Her fingers can take on the characteristics of white hot metal blades.
    Berserking - Passive Combat Style. Forgoes Strategy to become a rage fueled wreaking ball with high durability and next to no pain limit but burns through ki at an accelerated rate and must go into her dormant phase immediately after.

Items: Chemist Equipment, Mage Staff, Magecraft Certificate, restraining order(ineffective)

Special: Etrina has an photographic memory, Erosa has very limited regenerative capability(slightly boosted during berserking)

History:
    A Magecraft Progeny from a well established family. Holding herself to nothing short of the highest expectations of family, peers, teachers and most importantly herself. Excelling in the study of the magic and the mysteries of the universe. Admired, Accomplished...

It was only natural that Etrina Von Stoltgard was the kind of girl who couldn't make a friend even if she cared to have one in the first place. Which she didn't. Far too busy to try, far to arrogant to succeed. She lived and worked by her own perfectionist life guide. Everything on time, ordered and 100% flawless in execution.

...and yet when the time came for the culmination of her early experimentation into a form of magic drawing directly from the mind of the user, she both succeeded and failed in the most spectacular way imaginable.

Erosa was born. An Id. A creature formed of repressed human emotion.

Utterly uncontrollable, violent, rude, lazy, vulgar. Everything Etrina masked behind her pretty perfectionist facade. An unwanted familiar that she would try and fail to get rid of. Yet whenever she found herself in a pinch.....it seemed vulgar or not, they had a bond on the most basic level.

Didn't make Etrinas headaches any less severe at the end of the day.
    I strongly suspect Etrina and Asha'rah are going to have an interesting dynamic. I don't know what exactly it's gonna be, but it's gonna be fun. Etrina appears to be at war with herself, trying to live up to an ideal version of herself while rejecting significant parts of herself inconvenient to that ideal. She's got some hellish willpower to live life the way she does, yet that may also have worked to birth Erosa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I remember Elewa well, especially since he and Jeffry were those buttheads sitting at the back of the class smoking while everyone was signing up for combat drops

Then Jeffry, well...

I find investment in these sort of collaborative storytelling games is more contingent on organic character interactions and player chemistry than trying to "win" the campaign. Of course, PvP competition between varying powersets is an inevitability on the Rumbles forum, but the fact remains.

That's why Natalie was Best Girl but Liu almost died several times =P
    Objection! I prefered Liu over Natalie.

Natalie forever!!!!!!!!!! :Ponders a elsworld where I had the time to play so Daichi did not have to die.:

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sadara minds!

Okay, she may not mind that much. The whole cold and ruthless thing would inhibit her from feeling too much attachment to dead people.

Cleric, would she know him by name, or just as a legend of sorts?

Legend or rumor of sorts.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM