Page 363 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373413463863 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    This is strange.

Even for Sandman and King of Pie.
    I'd like to think we're operating on this level at this point.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I'd like to think we're operating on this level at this point.
    We're certainly keeping up with the required level of toilet humor.

I figure it might be a few days before Cleric gets back and before Sandman and King of Pie finish their epic tale. But once things settle down, I am holding out hope that I can get some sparing in for Meagan.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Is Cleric supposed to be gone awhile ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Is Cleric supposed to be gone awhile ?
    I think KoP and Sandman have forced Cleric to take a few days for the sake of his sanity... Of course, I fear what will happen while he's away.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Screw it. What's going on inside Erosa's stomach is great fun to read, but I'm not getting stuck in limbo with Kami returning. TIMEWARP TIME.

Decided to finally write a bio for an npc I've been working on for a while from Sasheem's past.

Name: Patrol Officer P-Sta

Race/Species: Alien/Cyborg

Height/Weight: 6'1

Appearance:shadowgeist-character-silhouettes.jpg

An technologically enhanced alien with yellow skin, he sports a blue full body Galaxy Patrol uniform with black overarmor, gloves and boots. The Galaxy Patrol symbol is on the center of the armor, of course.

On his head he sports a black helmet with a single antenna going down the middle and a glowing blue visor that covers all but his mouth.

Power Level: 13,000

Style: Galactic Judo and Wrestling

Techniques

Katchin Mode- Can temporarily solidify his entire body into Katchin metal to weather hits and perform enhanced strikes.

Triangle Choke- An enhanced strength triangle chokehold.

Justice Cube- A cube shaped ki attack thay can be used as a projectile or to imprison criminals inside.

X-citing Chop- A double chop made more impact full by P-Stanley flying at his opponent's with his full speed.

Justice Ball- An orb of ki that has intense concussion force that can ricochet off surfaces.

Supergiant Swing- P-Sta grabs an opponent's legs and swings them around, fast enough to create a cyclone around himself before the opponent is finally launched at high speeds towards the ground.

Meteor Clothesline- P-Sta leaps far into the air and activates KAtchin mode before blasting himself forward by shooting a ki blast from his feet and extending his arm to hit enemies with a vicious clothesline.

Justice Vision - A long range attack in which P-Sta shoots narrow ki beams from his eyes, once hit with it the opponent is trapped within a rapidly enclosing barrier. Often used to round up criminals, though it can be broken by those powerful enough.

Knockback Wave- P-Sta swipes his elbow through the air as multiple homing blasts of k shoot off from it, following the enemy in a pincer formation.

Liberty Saber- A ki blade emerges from P-Sta's right arm to assist him in melee fights.

Dynamo Drill Typhoon (DDT)- In mid-air, or after tossing his opponent in mid-air, P-Sta locks his arm around their head before spiraling faster and faster back towards the ground below, using ki blasts from his feet to boost himself as he spins fast enough to cause razor sharp wind to encompass him and his opponent, spiraling around like a drill.

From there he'll drive his opponent's head into the ground.

Items: Standard Issue Galaxy Patrol Blaster. Standard issue Galaxy Patrol Spaceship.

Special: Can fly. He is fairly good tactician.

History: One day, a Yardratian scientist named Dr. Cast, under the employ of the Galaxy Patrol put out an offer. Undergo cybernetic strengthening utilizing the rare and difficult to destroy and become elite soldiers for the sake of protecting the galaxy. Only four siblings decided to volunteer, with the intent of becoming stronger and rose through the ranks of the Galaxy Patrol as decorated heroes. These four were P-Sta, his brother X-Bo, his sister N-Ten, and his sister P-Cee.

Dr Cast intended for their bodies to permanently become Katchub, but his calculations were off and thus the four were only able to stay in that state for minutes at a time, only able to increase the duration with training which begrudge the scientist. He considered the project a failure, though the four still managed to use their newfound abilities to become Galaxy Patrol officers.

Unfortunately, due to their various eccentricities, none of the four ever got promoted. They split off to protect different quadrants of the galaxy with P-Sta looking to guard the quadrant that this very story takes place in.

He once got an alert that a malevolent creature known as Majin Sasheem had been spotted on Earth, which was in his jurisdiction and he was tasked with getting rid of him, but...he got sidetracked on another planet along the way attempting to impress it's empress with tales of his heroics.

Eventually he made his way to Earth...and the Majin was nowhere to be found! The last known location of the Majin didn't have much in it period aside from an odd looking toilet. P-Sta could only come to the logical conclusion that the beast had heard of his arrival and offer himself in fear. Clearly the only explanation. Satisfied, P-Sta returned to his superiors and reported Majin Sasheem dead.

Other: Despite his pompous nature, he believes in justice more than anything.

Member of Galaxy Police Elite Katchin Squadron.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 07-15-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

Finally, found some time to write these tech ideas down.

Phantom Phase: Useable on ally and enemy alike, the Phantom Phase allows the user to transform any physical body that is able to manipulate ki into pure energy. While in this state of pure energy, the target is unable to interact with other objects, and thus while incapable of attacking others, cannot in turn be attacked. The process lasts for roughly 2 seconds and whatever state the target was in prior to the Phantom Phase remains in effect once the Phantom Phase is dispelled. While the user does not need to physically contact any of his intended targets to put the Phantom Phase into effect, the target does need to be within range of the user in order to be affected. The range is dependent on the user's Power Level (approx. 1PL=1cm). Once the target is in range, the user need only focus on the target to activate the Phantom Phase, although an additional caveat is that the user must be aware of the target's precise location. An additional limitation of this ability is that the user cannot use it on himself.

Doomsday Sloth: As with the Phantom Phase, this ability is active only when the target enters within a certain range of the user, though the necessary range in this case differs (approx. 1PL=2cm). The Doomsday Sloth is an ability that gradually inhibits the target's ability to generate ki. In specific terms, the longer an enemy is afflicted by the Doomsday Sloth, the more time it takes for their body to generate or expel ki, and the efficacy of that ki's intended effects will be incrementally reduced as time goes on as well. While stepping outside the range of the Doomsday Sloth will prevent any further incremental decreases, the target will not return to their initial level of performance prior to the Doomsday Sloth, and will only increase in performance incrementally the longer they stay out of the user's range. However, should the target fall into the Doomsday Sloth's range again, the incremental decrease will once again be initiated. As with the Phantom Phase, the user only needs to 'choose' a target that is within range for the Doomsday Sloth to take effect.

I like them. They fit his personality of off-hand battlefield manipulation fighting style, and they both remedy his fears of getting AoE blasted to some degree. The range works as a fine limiter and they'd work well in scenarios.

Man, Ochazuke pulled out some esoteric tech from the Crane School against Koorimaru, but all it did was make him stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine Cromwell: "A opinion of..me?

"A honest self evalutation never hurts, but I've learned spending too much time being critical in your head leads to more bad then good. I know I have things to work on, and I know I need to take steps to correcting some things which I will. Besides better learning to control some of this latent power, there are things in my personal life I need to also figure out."

I'm the only one responsible for me. No one else."

Koorimaru:

"Father said one should be careful of their kind, though they haven't done anything just yet. However, I suppose that's the point. The person that smiled while hiding their daggers could be that much more dangerous then the crazed person coming after you with a blade."

"A bit off topic, but their laugh is..almost oddly catchy. I feel a urge to try it, but it probably scare or freak out those who know me."

"Hm? It's just us right now.."

"Ohohoho!"

"...."

"...."

"..All right. That's enough. This leaves this interview and I'd have to kill you."

OH NO.

Sandman, are you planning on replying to Dog anytime soon?

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Sandman, are you planning on replying to Dog anytime soon?
    Yep, only running on iPad atm so I’m saving the the big replay for after work. 2-3 hours tops.

So uh, once the exposition is done and we find out a bit more about the lookout, who's down for a free-for-all sparring session?

Or, for those of you more inclined...

Ishtar to Chuan: Git gud and it shouldn't matter.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan