Page 423 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 16893

So uh, for the next group convening, I'd like to have Zaofan serve everyone a big bowl of kava water. It's something he found in the ancient texts and it's served in finely polished wooden bowls and cups. It's a beverage in honor of those who came before them (and so there's a cultural and spiritual side to it), but while it is non-alcoholic, it does provide a good buzz not unlike marijuana -- relaxed, euphoric, pleasant. It also reduces one's tolerance over time; that is, the more you drink it regularly (like, say, once a week or even once a day), the more your body readily accepts the high -- in a sense, almost like an opposite of alcohol, where the more you drink regularly, the more you can build up a tolerance.

Plus, yes, Zaofan's starting to get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Quick! Someone make Totoma trip and fall into Karine's chest armor!
    Totoma: *laughs in muffled sexual repression*
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    So uh, for the next group convening, I'd like to have Zaofan serve everyone a big bowl of kava water. It's something he found in the ancient texts and it's served in finely polished wooden bowls and cups. It's a beverage in honor of those who came before them (and so there's a cultural and spiritual side to it), but while it is non-alcoholic, it does provide a good buzz not unlike marijuana -- relaxed, euphoric, pleasant. It also reduces one's tolerance over time; that is, the more you drink it regularly (like, say, once a week or even once a day), the more your body readily accepts the high -- in a sense, almost like an opposite of alcohol, where the more you drink regularly, the more you can build up a tolerance.

Zaofan and Kami can start their spar in the morning.

I’ll post the initial post now though.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Zaofan and Kami can start their spar in the morning.

I’ll post the initial post now though.
    Yes! Thank you!

-----

I'm going to have to revise Zaofan's bo staff, too. So it's made of Katchin and Zaofan stole it from someone's home as a youth, but there was dialogue about how Katchin only comes from the Planet of the Kais.

It very well could be that Zaofan had no idea that the bo staff was made of Katchin and thus is of interstellar properties. To him it's just a bo/hiking staff that's never been damaged before. Maybe Kami can provide some insight if she sees it in action, and maybe down the line it would be revealed that the person Zaofan stole it from was no mortal being.

Astonishing Member

Yes! Thank you!

-----

I'm going to have to revise Zaofan's bo staff, too. So it's made of Katchin and Zaofan stole it from someone's home as a youth, but there was dialogue about how Katchin only comes from the Planet of the Kais.

It very well could be that Zaofan had no idea that the bo staff was made of Katchin and thus is of interstellar properties. To him it's just a bo/hiking staff that's never been damaged before. Maybe Kami can provide some insight if she sees it in action, and maybe down the line it would be revealed that the person Zaofan stole it from was no mortal being.
    Helds spears are not made of Katchin, they are made of plot and Nevadian magic.

Astonishing Member

Thank you for telling me, so I can go consult with Toriko for appropriate hedonistic reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Helds spears are not made of Katchin, they are made of plot and Nevadian magic.
    That reminds me, I'd like Zaofan to spar with Held one day between bo staff and spear. Zaofan admires Held's fighting style, but he's trying to reach a decent balance between h2h and weapon melee.

Thank you for telling me, so I can go consult with Toriko for appropriate hedonistic reactions.
    The nice thing about it being water is that some of the group who don't eat but can still drink and thus still participate. And it'd be fun to see how other characters react (oh my god, here comes Sasheem).

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The knowledge was comforting, but to see the expanse of the world below the look out was a bit intimidating, to say the least. Still, a bit of danger and risk would be just what he needed.

With that, Charco stepped off the edge and fell.

*Starts thinking of various songs about flying*

Addendum: Took that long for me to post, and it's still garbage tier? *Shrugs*
    Last edited by Noldere; 03-02-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Updated Meagan's techniques

Techniques
    • Chroma Blast: A blast of Rainbow colored Ki Energy.
    • Rainbow Discs: Shapes her rainbow Ki into a dozen or more 2-inch or larger diameter spinning discs that she launches and controls at will. A form of Ki Shuriken.
    • Rainbow Kienzan [Locked]: Her take on Krillian's signature technique. Instead of many smaller discs, she creates one, really large and very destructive disc that is quite beautiful to look at, as long as you are not the target.
    • Rainbow Reflection: A modification of her discs which turns them into a defense, not only blocking attacks but also deflecting or reflecting Ki and other Energy attacks back to their source or to any other target she chooses.
    • Meagan Power Combo Alpha: Basic Martial Arts that combines many different styles. Effective as it is both unpredictable and unusual.
    • Meagan Power Combo Beta: AKA Teal Blade - A martial Arts attack using her cloak as a weapon whose edges can be as sharp as any blade when used in combo with her ki.
    • Meagan Power Combo Delta: A stealth attack using invisibility and the Ninjutsu skills she learned from her Mentor.
    • Amplification: From observing others, she has learned to increase the sensitivity of her strongest sense, her hearing. The mroe Ki she uses, the greater the increase in the power of her hearing.
    • Blessing of Light: "It is not like Slak or Chuan or Kai. Instead, with her ki control, she divides a small portion of her life force (what is used to perform things like the Evil Containment Wave or Kihoko) and melds it with the persons, stabilizing even the most fearsome of wounds long enough so proper healing can be obtained. This technique, the Blessing Of Light, can even stave off fatal wounds for a time. The longer it is used the more drained you become."
    • Multiplication[Locked]: Creates multiple physical Ki clones of herself, each one acting independently, but in connection with Meagan. Doing this diminishes her ability to use Ki attacks, though it doesn't affect flying, invisibility or controlling her cloak (which doesn't replicate). Currently she can only make 1 clone, but as she gets' stronger, as her Ki and power levels increase, she will gradually be able to make more than that.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-02-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Chroma Blast: A blast of Rainbow colored Ki Energy.
    Taste the rainbow?

Rainbow Discs: Shapes her rainbow Ki into a dozen or more 2-inch or larger diameter spinning discs that she launches and controls at will. A form of Ki Shuriken.
    Will these eventually become Rainbow Kienzan?

[*]Rainbow Reflection: A modification of her discs which turns them into a defense, not only blocking attacks but also deflecting or reflecting Ki and other Energy attacks back to their source or to any other target she chooses.
    If not for the power of alliteration, I would have made a comment about this technically being Rainbow Deflection, instead of Rainbow Reflection.

Amplification: From observing others, she has learned to increase the sensitivity of her strongest sense, her hearing. The more Ki she uses, the greater the increase in the power of her hearing.
    Somehow, I get the feeling this is going to go really badly for Meagan at some point.

Especially if someone ends up doing a thunderclap or, heaven forbid, a One True Tatsuya Fingersnap while she has that active.

Blessing of Light: "It is not like Slak or Chuan or Kai. Instead, with her ki control, she divides a small portion of her life force (what is used to perform things like the Evil Containment Wave or Kihoko) and melds it with the persons, stabilizing even the most fearsome of wounds long enough so proper healing can be obtained. This technique, the Blessing Of Light, can even stave off fatal wounds for a time. The longer it is used the more drained you become."
    Kami shows Etrina and Shiro no respect here. They can heal too, and I know for a fact at least the latter has demonstrated it.

Multiplication[Locked]: Creates multiple physical Ki clones of herself, each one acting independently, but in connection with Meagan. Doing this diminishes her ability to use Ki attacks, though it doesn't affect flying, invisibility or controlling her cloak (which doesn't replicate). Currently she can only make 1 clone, but as she gets' stronger, as her Ki and power levels increase, she will gradually be able to make more than that.
    A shame that a clone battle between she and Kai will likely never happen. Ki clones vs Lightning clones sound like it would have fun to write about.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Rainbow Kienzan, yeah they are like that, aren't they, only smaller. I can see her making one really large disc instead of many smaller ones. Thanks for the idea, I'll add it to her techniques as a locked power. Though it may be a while before she is powerful enough to do it.

The healing thing, yeah it seems like the team already has several healers. Assuming that the only one needing healing in a particular situation is Meagan, I assume that the Blessing of Light can be also used as a self-healing or regeneration technique. Maybe.

A battle of the Clones (Clone War) could be cool. I think the only way Meagan would respect Kai is if the two of them fought it out, sparing or otherwise.

Every technique has a risk, but Meagan can control her hearing.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-02-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yun, the lookout lacks a tower attachment.

RIP Charco

RIP Charco
    He'll just have to go Super Dino to survive.

That is, he changes into a giant T-Rex with Super Saiyan hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He'll just have to go Super Dino to survive.

That is, he changes into a giant T-Rex with Super Saiyan hair.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

RIP Charco
    If only Meagan was around to give him a hand.....