Page 482 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582982 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I suppose it's the same in end. Indar/Indra both opposed to Asha Vahishta
    My understanding is that Indar was the older spelling.

Asha'rah's name originally was never meant to have anything to do with Zoroastrianism, but after that happy accident I decided to roll with the punches. They're neither Amesha Spentas nor Daevas, of course. But there is a reason for their names.

To be honest if I stayed in character for Adam he'd want to bring Shiro so he could demonstrate for Midori as well as on Midori.

Asha'rah is ready for her spar now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Adam's game is just so smooth.
    It's the Lovebot 2000!

This is the most touching, and awkward build up to a sexual demonstration I've ever seen.

Mad props.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post

Asha'rah's name originally was never meant to have anything to do with Zoroastrianism, but after that happy accident I decided to roll with the punches. They're neither Amesha Spentas nor Daevas, of course. But there is a reason for their names.
    Not sure you saw it, but did respond on 5406. We can close it soon if you wish though to prevent to many time warps.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    To be honest if I stayed in character for Adam he'd want to bring Shiro so he could demonstrate for Midori as well as on Midori.
    Shiro's a bit too busy having an emotional breakdown and destroying one of the Lookout's walls at the moment to help Adam in his demonstration.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    It is, and it fits thematically given the assumed age; but the name of the Daeva of the Druj (Lie) was Indra/Indar.

There's a lot of interplay with Vedic Deities in the Younger Avesta and Gathas though so it's like ... a muddled mess of a thing *shrug*

No, they're definitely not.

Though without too much in the way of attempting to spoil, I will say that what I'm seeing so far is pretty interesting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Shiro's a bit too busy having an emotional breakdown and destroying one of the Lookout's walls at the moment to help Adam in his demonstration.
    If you don't have a planned character interaction or something, I could have Karine show up. Besides, never interacted with either of them I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    If you don't have a planned character interaction or something, I could have Karine show up. Besides, never interacted with either of them I think.
    Nah, don't have anything planned, so bring Karine in so we can have vampire/gynoid interactions.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Here's some of them
    Not all of them

Adam

Jack: Kind of arrogant, but can for the most part back it up. Jinzi really needs to work on some of his ettiquette protocols, cutting in just when I was having a moment with Sarada to... I'm glad he's on the team, Adam needs to learn some boundaries.

Ptrvc: Adam is the classic 'superior android,' but of the still very heroic vibe, which I like. His relationship with Dog's android girls is a real kick as well. His quest for self-improvement is also very, very dragonball almost like a mechanical Goku. We'll see where Adam ends up on his journey to perfect himself.

Asha'rah

Jack: She seems wise, an kind of freaky. I'm not sure what to think about her to be honest. Something is definitely going on with her, but it's all a bit beyond me. Still she's always been friendly and kind to me. Yeah, I guess I'd call her a friend, from what little we've talked.

Ptrvc: Falcoln you are obviously trying to do something with Asha'rah. Something deep and philosphical and meaningful and all that Jazz. I will get none of it, as I will be be to busy trying to write posts about punching people in the face. I apologize in advance.

Despite the de-balling, Asha'rah seems to be one of the more balanced members of the cast, an a good round out to the robotic quartet.

Chou Basara

Jack: We all make mistakes. I would know. That being said, Chou being a prick about it doesn't exactly do him any favors. I don't think Chou's a bad guy, I actually think he feels pretty guilty about what happened. He's just not very good at dealing with that kinda stuff. Neither am I, so who am I to judge, right?

Ptrvc: Mr. Basara seems to be stuck in the 'too cool for school' trap where he's this aloof asskicker, who ends up just being aloof when there is no ass to kick. That's not a bad thing, or 'wrongplay' as long as that's the character Chou (Player) wants to play Mr. Basara as. We'll see where he goes.

Chuan

Jack: I like you man. I'm glad you're hear to heal us and stuff. Now keep those needles away from me!

Ptrvc: Mad Acupuncturist. I can dig it. Chuan seems to be avoided direct conflict, which definitely sits him apart from the rest of the cast. The best thing about Chuan is that while overall he's seems like a nice guy, who wants to help people, there's just that little bit of crazy that gives him that edge. Having someone trying to help you with crazy experiments is in many ways more horrifying then somone just wanting to hurt you.

Now keep those needles away from me!

Totoma: *Confounded Halfbreed Noises*

Ochazuke: *Reluctant Assessment Grumbles*

Ya know, I didn't realize it at the time (cuz tired) but Totoma's answer to the Karine/relationship-related portion of their conversation was... rather circular.

"I've considered it, but... I'll take it into consideration."

To Ochazuke it basically said "I haven't, and won't." when... Totoma meant "I haven't, but... can't really think of a reason not to."

Heh.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Ya know, I didn't realize it at the time (cuz tired) but Totoma's answer to the Karine/relationship-related portion of their conversation was... rather circular.

"I've considered it, but... I'll take it into consideration."

To Ochazuke it basically said "I haven't, and won't." when... Totoma meant "I haven't, but... can't really think of a reason not to."

Heh.
    To which Ochazuke replied:

"I am going to punch you now."

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To which Ochazuke replied:

"I am going to punch you now."
    I mean... that's what Totoma was aiming for anyway.

Mission... accomplished?

Here's a preview of the fight...

The entire fight.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    I mean... that's what Totoma was aiming for anyway.

Mission... accomplished?

Here's a preview of the fight...

The entire fight.
    What anime is that from?