Page 483 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583983 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    What anime is that from?
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky anime. It's based on an RPG series by Nihon Falcom, makes of Ys.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Asha'rah

Jack: She seems wise, an kind of freaky. I'm not sure what to think about her to be honest. Something is definitely going on with her, but it's all a bit beyond me. Still she's always been friendly and kind to me. Yeah, I guess I'd call her a friend, from what little we've talked.

Ptrvc: Falcoln you are obviously trying to do something with Asha'rah. Something deep and philosphical and meaningful and all that Jazz. I will get none of it, as I will be be to busy trying to write posts about punching people in the face. I apologize in advance.

Despite the de-balling, Asha'rah seems to be one of the more balanced members of the cast, an a good round out to the robotic quartet.
    Jack's a plenty deep character himself. Much more grounded in real-world issues than Asha'rah, but he's got plenty going on himself. He's profoundly damaged in his own way, but he's made of stern stuff and keeps on trucking. Like Dog, you've got a strong writing voice that makes your characters immediately identifiable, but they're also multi-faceted and don't run away from tough issues. I'd be surprised if you actually manage to absorb none of what's going on with Asha'rah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To which Ochazuke replied:

"I am going to punch you now."
    What follows from here depends entirely on how Totoma reads the situation.

But you're not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

But you're not wrong.
    I mean Ochazuke and Ishtar barely spoke to each other before they started slap-boxing. Ochazuke had passed his "hit this person" threshold considerably, with Totoma.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Meagan might be watching Asah'rah and Kami spar, but she is available. Still surprised that no one has asked her to spar with them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

But you're not wrong.
    ...but Totoma can't read!

Note: not sure if serious.

On the one hand, he might be remiss about fighting an already-tired Ochazuke, since that wouldn't be Ocha at his best. That is... he couldn't bring "all that he has" against Totoma, at least in a physical sense. Technically true, but...

...backing down from a tired, somewhat wounded man with what amounts to a convenient excuse (recover first)... would basically prove that Totoma isn't even willing to try. Especially after Toto was like "FITE ME BRO".

Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan might be watching Asah'rah and Kami spar, but she is available. Still surprised that no one has asked her to spar with them.
    I suppose Ochazuke would with the proper reason - like a guy who uses knives named Chris who also disappears - but this will require a bit of a time transition. Can't just walk off these God-punches even if you block them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    ...but Totoma can't read!

Note: not sure if serious.

On the one hand, he might be remiss about fighting an already-tired Ochazuke, since that wouldn't be Ocha at his best. That is... he couldn't bring "all that he has" against Totoma, at least in a physical sense. Technically true, but...

...backing down from a tired, somewhat wounded man with what amounts to a convenient excuse (recover first)... would basically prove that Totoma isn't even willing to try. Especially after Toto was like "FITE ME BRO".

Hm.
    Well they just had a discussion on how a person is composed of everything that led to where they are now. Ochazuke heard Totoma's story, saw his ability to read opponents and so chose this course of action to test further his mindfulness of the situation and test his resolve.

Or put another way...

...actual training, however, will also have to wait until a time transition.

I guess Ishtar has recovered enough to fight someone again? With the unchecked time warping, she's likely recovered enough to not keel over at least.

Plus it might be of some benefit for her to try implementing what Jack pointed out.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Basically, aside from Meagan, Asha'rah, Kami, Jinzi ... who else is still at the Lookout?

Fantastic Member

*checks in after a week*

....Well, I guess in retrospect, having only 40 pages to check up on isn't as bad as I imagined

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Basically, aside from Meagan, Asha'rah, Kami, Jinzi ... who else is still at the Lookout?
    Midori, Shiro, Adam, and Charco is still there for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Midori, Shiro, Adam, and Charco is still there for now.
    As well as Ochazuke, Karine, Ishtar, and Totoma, and Koorimaru (he's away).

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Held doesn't spar because he can get too competitive at times.

He doesn't always play, but when he does....

He only plays to win.

Well, I don't have much of anything to do tonight so I'm available for any interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held doesn't spar because he can get too competitive at times.

He doesn't always play, but when he does....

He only plays to win.
    Held's favorite betting strategy.