Page 502 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 16893
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How did Kai get so beat up? What did he do? Fly through the middle of a fight between Goku and Vegeta?
    Kai's still not all there (too much sleep) and has something of a focus problem.

Unlike a certain other character of mine I've made for a game Cleric's ran (cough cough *Iriesia* cough cough), Kai didn't start the game having *yank yourself around in the air via some version of telekinesis* figured out yet. This wouldn't be a problem, except he also doesn't have *defending one's body with ki, like literally everyone else in Dragon Ball does pretty much without effort* figured out yet (let's just say the ki he's used to using is different and leave it at that) and what he has in its place requires concentration.

So does proper telekinetic flight.

And protecting himself from upper atmosphere temperatures.

And constantly keeping enough breathable air in his immediate vicinity that various other bad things don't happen because of that.

Something was bound to suffer from him having to split attention on so many things at once.

That thing was Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    One set of clothes incoming.

Probably healing too.

Mostly clothes.
    Kai: *Unconsciously genuflects in Slak's direction*
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Ishtar v. Koorimaru

Ishtar: I heard you were courting Ochazuke.

Koorimaru: What is it to you, courtesan ?

... War were declared.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Saiyans trafficked planets (as in, literally took planets and moved them to and for prospective buyers) at one point?

How far have the Saiyan empire fell since those glory days?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar v. Koorimaru

Ishtar: I heard you were courting Ochazuke.

Koorimaru: What is it to you, courtesan ?

... War were declared.
    2653dc.jpg

//tenchars

Simply beautiful.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    2653dc.jpg

//tenchars
    Ochamaru sounds cool, but Ishtzuke sounds like trash.

I'd swap to Koorizuke v Ochatar, but that's just me, and I know nothing.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Saiyans trafficked planets (as in, literally took planets and moved them to and for prospective buyers) at one point?

How far have the Saiyan empire fell since those glory days?
    You honestly expect Sarada to know what trafficking means?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    You honestly expect Sarada to know what trafficking means?
    I don't presume to assume.

*Gets massacred by Old Man's War series fans*

Ochamaru sounds cool, but Ishtzuke sounds like trash.

I'd swap to Koorizuke v Ochatar, but that's just me, and I know nothing.
    Everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Only the Ochatar, Master of the Four Elements could stop them, but when the world needed them most; the Ochatar had already fucked everyone up.

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Haven't really done one of these....but hey, might as well drop a bit of lore.

-------------------

Magicians Codex - Familiar Summoning

One of the oldest forms of Arcane craft, the ritual involved with creating, binding and maintaining a familiar had become deeply rooted in the culture of magecraft...often acting as the coming of age test for an aspiring magic user. In turn, maybe legends and falsehoods have been created over the years regarding the origins and recorded history of its use. It has been claimed Majin originated as the familiars of powerful mages of a long lost era, or of the binding of familiars that range anywhere from the mundane to the astronomically powerful, acting as aspects of the primordial forces of nature and the cosmos. All legends, but none that can be automatically disproved.

To begin, the summoning of a familiar is a long and complex ritual that requires weeks of preparation. First, a mage must have a clear understanding of what they want their familiar to be. The more clear the mental concept, the less likely one is to deviate from that during the ritual. This favors the creation of simple familiars, and greatly increases the difficulty of a proper summoning as the complexity of the type of familiar wanted increases. Once a idea has formed....this mental construct will form the "soul" of the familiar.

Next is the body. Gathering materials and Alchemy can be used to create a faux body for the familiar to inhabit, which is generally the preferred method for creating a familiars body. There are multiple less.....ethical ways to procure a body for a familiar, ranging from corpses to living subjects, but are looked down upon not only for the vulgarity of the former, but the downright horror of the latter. A familiars soul will, without exception, overpower the soul of its host and act as the controlling force of a body....leaving a host to a fate of indefinite imprisonment within their own body. Once a familiar is bound to a body, that body is theirs....and even should it be destroyed, as long as the mage who summoned them still exists in some form, they may pull ki to reform that body after an extended period of time. Only the death of the mage, the anchor, will end this.

The third component of a familiar, the mind, is not formed until the summoning process has begun. As the idea within the mages mine begins to manifest and fuse with its body, it creates a persona based around a combination of factors such as the host body, the concept behind its existence, and in rare cases pulling conceptual information from the mage themselves. This means that no two familiars, even based on the same concept, will have the same existence.

Once all his been prepared, the actual ritual takes several hours, concluding with the binding of the completed familiar to the mage.

In a sense, Familiar Summoning is as much about common knowledge and understanding then it is about magic. To create a concept, one must have knowledge of that concept. The more detailed, the better. The greatest summoners were always the most learned and knowledgeable of the great families of old. Of particular note among the present day community is the legend of the Stoltengarde Scion....a familiar summoner from the age of antiquity many generations past that bound the concepts of Time and Space. Such a feat was unthinkable, and impossible even to the scholars of magecraft that exist today simply because it would requires an absolute knowledge of two of the most fundamental forces of the cosmos. Anything less would have produced subpar familiars...and certainly nothing on par with what the legend suggested. Knowledge was absolute in the realm of familiars....

But Most importantly, a summoning ritual must be given the proper patience and forethought. The proper formation of a concept, the tempering of ones mind when solidifying that concept, the correct formation of the body. Slowly, step by step. Without this forethought, this preparation, a familiar could become poisoned by whatever creeping thoughts worm their way into that concept. A young mage, fearful of death, attempted to create a familiar of life....not because he cherished life, but because he wished to defy the looming spectre of death. Thusly, did that concept worm its way in......and created perhaps the most famous example of a summoning gone horribly wrong. Not even remember name of that mage or his family, the stain so great from his sin upon the realm of magic and history. Only the lesson his failure brought endured. A concept must be tempered, never rushed.

The consequences could be catastrophic.

Erosa: *sneeeze*

I should do some Totoma side material, like...

...uhh...

Well, given that he's not got cosmic significance like Asha'rah, a mysterious mentor like Meagan, Ishtar's relation with Zurvan or... really anything besides "Used to be a strong kid, mother died, moped for ten years".... hm. And his change from here on out will (hopefully) be more gradual than TWO DAYS.

**** it, he's the reincarnation of Inda'ren. Come at me, Bro'shara. Time for round 2. /s
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    I should do some Totoma side material, like...

...uhh...

Well, given that he's not got cosmic significance like Asha'rah, a mysterious mentor like Meagan, Ishtar's relation with Zurvan or... really anything besides "Used to be a strong kid, mother died, moped for ten years".... hm. And his change from here on out will (hopefully) be more gradual than TWO DAYS.

In fairness, Ishtar's connection to Zurvan is somewhat problematic.

**** it, he's the reincarnation of Inda'ren. Come at me, Bro'shara. /s
    Explains why he's somewhat neutered.

Arx Inosaan

Anything in particular in mind for the Clothes Beam, Hazard, or am I free to choose something?

Everything changed when the fire nation attacked.
    Kai: The Sempiternal Salamandra? I'm pretty sure I unmade you all those years ago.

Only the Ochatar, Master of the Four Elements could stop them, but when the world needed them most; the Ochatar had already fucked everyone up.
    Four Elements? Pfft.

Chou has like twelve, and the periodic table over a hundred.

Ochatar is going to need to step its game up if it wants to save the universe.

Four Elements? Pfft.

Chou has like twelve, and the periodic table over a hundred.

Ochatar is going to need to step its game up if it wants to save the universe.
    Ochatar only needs Four.

That's how much ass they kick.

Arx Inosaan

Anything in particular in mind for the Clothes Beam, Hazard, or am I free to choose something?
    Slak was probably just going to make whatever Kai was already wearing only not bloody and stuff, but you're free to choose whatever you want.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile