Page 507 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 74074574975035045055065075085095105115175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 16893

Not all that bad with Sarada, she can control the monkey.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not all that bad with Sarada, she can control the monkey.
    Doesn't mean she wants to transform.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Totoma: OH HAY GUYS WHATCHU DOIN'

The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Now, if a certain half-breed were to just so happen to be passing through...
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Now, if a certain half-breed were to just so happen to be passing through...
    Please no.

Everyone assembled would die before Cleric got back.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Please no.

Everyone assembled would die before Cleric got back.

I can just tell Alice Totomas tail off.

Etrina/Erosa

Jack: Etrina seems nice if a bit reserved. She keeps mentioning a bunch of technical stuff about magic and whatnot that I don't really get. As for Erosa...how do I put this...she's Gross-a! Eh? EHHH? Tough crowd. This is why I'm not called Joker.

Ptrvc: I like what Sandman is doing here. Its very different from the way that Lucy and Alice were, with Lucy being heroic and Alice being more a devil on the shoulder. Etrina/Erosa are split between base instinct and rationale mind, neither of which is necessarily good or bad. While Etrina has been shoved off to the side for the most part, seeing glimpses of her personality during Foodquest were intriguing. Erosa is fun and all, but so far I think Etrina has the potential to be the more developed and interesting character. (Erosa is only supposed to be an extension of her, after all.) Still only Sandman knows for sure.

Held Debon

Jack: I haven't interacted with Held too much, but he does seem cool. Pretty chill dude. We need to hang out more, maybe go a few rounds and play a few hands. As for the Unicorn thing, well not to my taste, but whatever floats you're boat.

Ptrvc: Battleborn! Held seems for the most part to be a classic lazy genius type. He has power, a mind, potential, but so far he does not have the will to use it. Now he seems thrust in a situation where he has chosen to act, to not let another world fall beneath the mighty hooves of fate. Now Held must become worthy of his Nevadian heritage, whether he likes it or not.

Or maybe he'll just run around and Unicorn stab things. I don't know. You can never tell with Miburo.

Ishtar

Jack: She's blue, pretty tough...and speaks a lot about duality. Sure there's black and red, but those four suits, and thirteen ranks, and so forth. Kind of like life really, you can split things into two boxes if you really want, but is that the truth, or is that where you put them?

What I'm trying to say is...sorry about your arm Ishtar.

Ptrvc: Cthulhu tends to play high-concept characters, at least in my experience, and Isthar is not exception. He also tends to to play strong female characters, again, Ishtar is not exception. The big difference, from my point of view at least, is that Ishtar seems to be more of a teacher, and philospher. One of the trio of highly philosophical characters in this game actually, with Ash'arah, and Ocha.

Who will gain the most followers of their brand of psychobabble?

Tune in next time to DBM!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Ishtar

Jack: She's blue, pretty tough...and speaks a lot about duality. Sure there's black and red, but those four suits, and thirteen ranks, and so forth. Kind of like life really, you can split things into two boxes if you really want, but is that the truth, or is that where you put them?

What I'm trying to say is...sorry about your arm Ishtar.

Ptrvc: Cthulhu tends to play high-concept characters, at least in my experience, and Isthar is not exception. He also tends to to play strong female characters, again, Ishtar is not exception. The big difference, from my point of view at least, is that Ishtar seems to be more of a teacher, and philospher. One of the trio of highly philosophical characters in this game actually, with Ash'arah, and Ocha.

Who will gain the most followers of their brand of psychobabble?

Tune in next time to DBM!
    In my defense, Yin was not a high-concept character.

Cleric was the one who made her into Death. I just wanted her to be a traveling Doctor who slowly lost her mind.

Arx Inosaan

In my defense, Yin was not a high-concept character.

Cleric was the one who made her into Death. I just wanted her to be a traveling Doctor who slowly lost her mind.
    She did have the whole 'listen to mother/doctor's orders thing going on' but I see your point.

To be fair, I tend to label anything less direct than a punch to the schnoz as high concept.

Urge... to have Totoma... go Grape Ape.... intensifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    She did have the whole 'listen to mother/doctor's orders thing going on' but I see your point.

To be fair, I tend to label anything less direct than a punch to the schnoz as high concept.
    Oh well, yea.

What I was going for there, admittedly, was "strongest/one of the strongest" characters in the RP, but someone mentally incapable of using said power. Which I think I managed decently enough. Stronger she got, more she started to snap, etc.

Ishtar is definitely far more ambitious.

Time will tell if I do a decent job or cock it up.

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Etrina/Erosa

Jack: Etrina seems nice if a bit reserved. She keeps mentioning a bunch of technical stuff about magic and whatnot that I don't really get. As for Erosa...how do I put this...she's Gross-a! Eh? EHHH? Tough crowd. This is why I'm not called Joker.

Ptrvc: I like what Sandman is doing here. Its very different from the way that Lucy and Alice were, with Lucy being heroic and Alice being more a devil on the shoulder. Etrina/Erosa are split between base instinct and rationale mind, neither of which is necessarily good or bad. While Etrina has been shoved off to the side for the most part, seeing glimpses of her personality during Foodquest were intriguing. Erosa is fun and all, but so far I think Etrina has the potential to be the more developed and interesting character. (Erosa is only supposed to be an extension of her, after all.) Still only Sandman knows for sure.
    The secret is to nod your head knowingly at any praise and not let on you really have no idea what your doing while improving everything else.

But yeah, it may get drawn out over the course of the rp....but I plan Etrina to have just as much stuff going on as Erosa, perhaps even more so. Its just taking a big of time to ramp up the steam.

Updates complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Techniques Unlocked!!

Tricera Bash ("Torikera Basshu")
    As the predecessor of the Tyranno Blast, the theory behind Tricera Bash is very much the same, although its methods for entrapping the target varies differently. Although originally used on its own, it is currently used during the Thyreophora state, as its results are much more powerful. It is by pointing the index and middle fingers with the thumb at an opponent, that the user fires off three beams of ki that skewer them, holding them in place. Then, by focusing the entirety of the energy produced by the Thyrephora into a single blast, the user fires it by thrusting their other arm forth in a similar fashion to an open palm strike. Much like the Terrible Claws, this technique was also known for its cruelty, as the user could keep the victim skewered for an indefinite amount of time as long as they focused on keeping the three skewering beams materialized (often indicated by the user keeping the three fingers extended), but factors such as the victim's strength and durability, outside influences, and the Thyreophora's limited window of time can easily break the hold.

ParaSHOUTolophus ("ParaSAKEBUolophus")
    In most schools of martial arts, the kiai, or shout, is often only to help the user focus on an accompanying attack or intimidate an opponent. Some schools have managed to weaponize the kiai, enhancing the user's vocal chords with chi in order to produce a sonic blast; a legendary technique known as the Lion's Roar. It is unknown whether the ParaSHOUTolophus or Lion's Roar came first, or if it was simply just two similar ideas, but in typical Dino School fashion, the former pushes the limits of human vocal chords and in some records cases, shreds them, rendering the users mute afterwards. By infusing the vocal chords and lungs with chi, the user releases the energy with a kiai, or in the case of Dino School Master, Peking Duck, a scream. What results in a directional path of destruction and force, easily diverting projectiles and weaker opponents away by the sheer pressure of it alone.

Jack Knave

Jack: I don't know this guy, but he sounds handsome!

Ptrvc: I would tell you to shut up, but I wrote that

Kabuto:

Jack: Bug guy? Where did he go.

Ptrvc: Not sure if Sol_M is still in this, but I did like what I saw.

Karine

Jack: Polite, pretty, sucks your blood, what's not to like? Probably the nicest person in our little group, maybe a bit too sweet for me. I'd say she's a friend though. Totoma should really get on that. She really seems to care for him, to the point where mistreating Totoma is about the only thing that seems to get Karine angry...

Angry Karine is scary.

Ptrvc: See above. Totoma, the hell is wrong with you? I will say that I do like to see Karine's vampire side come out every once in awhile. Great contrast with her normal personality. I'm waiting to see what she pulls out if Totoma really ever gets in danger, or goes on a date with someone else.

Koorimaru

Jack: Frost guy? OHOHOHOHO-*coughs.* Sorry, not really sure what to say about Koorimaru. He's always been cool, heh, with me. But both Sarada and Totoma distrust him, and they pretty much never agree on anything. Worth noting. Still, I can only judge by actions. So far he seems...pretty cool.

Ptrvc: Kamenraida isn't always able to post, but I always love to see when he does. Koorimaru is going along with everyone else to reach a specific goal, but so far without any of the outright betrayals or underhanded deeds that usually happens when someone plays that kind of character in an rpg. Which I like. He feels like a honest potrayal of the species without being evil.

Also Ocha and Koorimaru is fantastic.

Meagan Te'al

Jack: Meagan's pretty cool, but secretive. After Karine she's probably the nicest person in the group, or at least, tied with Zao for that. Thing is I get the feeling that I've never met the real Meagan, or at least the 'whole' Meagan.

Not that I'm one to talk.

Ptrvc: Meagan, former theif and freedom fighter. One of the more outright heroic characters in the group, we see a little edge here and there with her, but it seems to only come out in fits and starts. Honestly, she's a lot like Jack, only Meagan seems to be more geniunely heroic, with a bit of viciousness, while Jack's a vicious bastard who is trying to be heroic.