Page 543 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 434434935335395405415425435445455465475535936431043 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 16893
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Wellp, Zaofan's not going to be making good pizza dough any time soon.
    .....did he just mess with the mealticket?

Ohhh shittttt....If Etrina doesn't kill him Erosa is gonna DESTORY him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Wellp, Zaofan's not going to be making good pizza dough any time soon.
    If Zaofan were ti announce thus aloud right now, then I'm fairly certain that Sarada, Sasheem, and Erosa's power levels will immediately multiply by fifty percent.

Astonishing Member

Hold on Zaofan, Held will save you!
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-14-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Everyone's abilities work there. Including Meagan's magic cloak.
    Pretty sure your cloak doesn't require constant precise mental calculation of origin and destination positions to function properly, even if it is magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It works.

That’s how DBZ worked.
    The Pendulum Room, or rather the Room of Time, Right? The thing that induces simulated time travel in one's mind, leaving you physically where you are?

Of course that works.

Every thing that Kai has involving teleportation of some sort (his telekinesis, his teleport, his barriers)?

Does not work as intended.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Hold on Zaofan, Held will save you!
    Blitzed by the one armed woman.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    But, who is going to save Ishtar from herself?

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    But, who is going to save Ishtar from herself?
    Guza the Duck.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Of course she blitzes; without the extra weight a second arm burdens you with, her speed is now MAXIMUMER.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Of course she blitzes; without the extra weight a second arm burdens you with, her speed is now MAXIMUMER.
    Don't make me take all of her limbs.

Arx Inosaan

I'm a little tired, so Meagan might not be quite so energetic this time.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Blah...few more hours til work end, then I'll save ye Zaofan.

I got a spell I've been meaning to dust off, and seeing as we're in some weird mental/time scape.....I don't have to worry about screwing up, drawing temporal deities or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Blah...few more hours til work end, then I'll save ye Zaofan.

I got a spell I've been meaning to dust off, and seeing as we're in some weird mental/time scape.....I don't have to worry about screwing up, drawing temporal deities or anything.
    Don't bloody do it.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Okay, it's time for more "LET'S PASS THE TIME WITH OUR CHARACTER STUFF" with DBFighterZ

We'll keep it easy for now. These are the stat's they 'use' in this game, or at least tell us exist.

Power
    Speed
    Technique
    Reach
    Energy
    Durability--This one isn't in the game, but hey, **** it.
    (There is also ease of use, but I don't think this applies here)

Currently C is the lowest ranking (Although we can go to F if we want) with SS being the highest. Obviously, we won't use this in the same milieu as DBZ proper, since our characters are many moons away from such rankings.

I was thinking more on a curve, as compared to other people in our team. Obviously, it will go higher or lower as the game progresses. And again, this is a curve, as we'd all be like...C, compared to Goku, at best. And I'll probably adjust my own when I get a sense of where other people see their characters, combined with where I see mine next to them, etc.

For example: I'd probably give Held an A in range. He's not as rangy as the folks who have tons of long range attacks, but he does have a longer starting range than most, via his spear, and a couple of his attacks are pretty solid distance closers (Gallop, Treads Among Stars, No restraints).

I'd say he's maybe a C in energy. He's effective/efficient with the energy he has, but he's not the guy to sit around firing off ki beams all willy nilly.

I'd say he's either an A or an S in technique, though. His whole thing is "Overwhelming technical insight" and he does have a pretty intricate move set, which he can use in a variety of situations, and he's pretty skilled in hand to hand, and even better with a weapon, and Kami confirmed him as pretty high on the weapon skill totem pole. That said, I would consider a few guys to be above him (Koori, Ocha).

Power he'd be a C: He's more about correct application, as opposed to just outright fucking you up. He's not dishing out damage left and right, and he's not taking attacks like they don't exist. He's speed/precision/technique based. He does have a good amount of piercing power, however, so I suppose he punches above his weight class when he bothers to use those kind of techniques. I would argue he makes it to B with his spear, but this is beyond the point of the example.

Speed is probably an A: I like to think I've had him manuever through/around/near things enough to where he's certainly considered fast--it's like a pre-req of his style--but not enough to where everyone else might as well have been statues.

...Maybe I should give him more speed techs, however.

Durability: B, maybe. I suppose he's more durable than the mages, and he's yet to take a hit that's wrecked him, but there's a reason he's using Ishtar for a shield and why all the women seem to want to protect him. I kinda want to say C, but he's got to be like a B based on combat.

Synergy--A: He pretty consistently figures out/works around what the others are doing with the Shingan. This battle he pretty much avoided Ishtar and Chou, while assisting the latter in his attack. During the Miras fight he let Charco take the charge, and was covering his openings and launching his own attacks during the gaps in Charcos own. His whole thing is insight and reading the situation, so I can't imagine he'd not be less than an A.

I think the person he works best with currently, is Zaofan, as they've been collaborating since day 1. And not just "Held see's what you're doing and goes with it." Zaofan sent Held up to go punch a bitch via her optic blast.

The only real issue is that Held isn't really 'proactive' which I suppose is why I'm hesitant to give him an S at this point.

Charisma--A: everyone he talks to seems to like him, his whole thing is being a skilled talker/negotiator/diplomat. Even Ocha doesn't seem to talk much **** to him, amazingly. Zaofan/Chaun are his bros, and I think him and Held have a healthy respect as well. Ishtar enjoys his company, so I like to imagine that counts for something as well.

Admittedly, it's more of an informed ability these days, but I do recall him doing pretty well when the cast all got introduced on the ship, he struck a deal with Jinzi the first time he met him, etc. I haven't had him have time to really work with all the cast, but hey.

I mostly haven't given him a higher ranking because he hasn't really had that much to try and accomplish via feats.

So, using my own reasoning as an example:

Power: C
    Speed : A
    Technique:S
    Reach:A
    Energy:C
    Durability: B
    Synergy: A
    Charisma:A

....Did I make sense?
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-14-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Reminds me of Neo DBZ. In which there we had such stars except technique noir reach. Add in Stamina, Strength instead of power and add in durability.

As for my stats. Not sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Reminds me of Neo DBZ. In which there we had such stars except technique noir reach. Add in Stamina, Strength instead of power and add in durability.

As for my stats. Not sure.
    I did consider durability, but I wanted to keep it true to the games stats...But, at the same time, I do feel you're correct, it would allow us to better see where everyone's coming from. I'll add in durability, but I think it's fine to accept power as a combination of strength and ki power, or even just define it as one, and make notes.

Stamina I kinda define as energy also. I'm fine either way, I'll see if others want to make an adjustment, or think it's acceptable as is.
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-14-2018 at 11:33 AM.