Page 561 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 614615115515575585595605615625635645655716116611061 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke: You took too long to provide me with your answer, I have a new student now.

Sasheem: DODONPA! *throws potted plants*

Ochazuke: ...yeah well at least his heart is in the right place.
    Ishtar: Majin do not possess traditional "organs" they are beings of amorphous mass.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    In all fairness... I did determine that it was legit impossible for him to actually get over his issues while he was with the group, even with Karine's support. What he would need would be... like a year minimum of a low-stress, supportive environment & counseling. Probably several years.

But since he'd naturally be worrying about Karine if she was still with the group...

...yeah, recovery was literally impossible without both leaving. And since he was unwilling to hold back her progress... he went for the mind-surgery.
    Appraising it as such - and with time being so very decompressed - makes the divine intervention easier to swallow for sure. This is not a great environment to psychologically heal in, and we've only had a couple real battles so far.

I guess the complication is in that the truth of the matter is contained in a very close circle, so some characters (Shiro, Sarada) are under the impression that this was a 'freebie' when it really, really wasn't.

While Ishtar must speak the truth, she doesn't have to say everything. I'm sure Totoma will make good on his new lease on life as long as that doesn't come out.

Ignore me.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The Academies have a jingle about SaiyAIDS pertaining to the safety of sticking tails where they don't belong. If you wanna fight tomorrow, you gotta be safe today.
    Ugh. Now I want to come up with a cheesy PSA on the dangers of SaiyAIDS and other CTDs (combat transmitted diseases).
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Appraising it as such - and with time being so very decompressed - makes the divine intervention easier to swallow for sure. This is not a great environment to psychologically heal in, and we've only had a couple real battles so far.

I guess the complication is in that the truth of the matter is contained in a very close circle, so some characters (Shiro, Sarada) are under the impression that this was a 'freebie' when it really, really wasn't.

While Ishtar must speak the truth, she doesn't have to say everything. I'm sure Totoma will make good on his new lease on life as long as that doesn't come out.
    Make no mistake, he did... pretty much do it based on emotion at the time.

I want to stop hurting. I want to be useful. I don't want to be a burden.

But, had he actually sat down and thought it out, consulted Karine, maybe a few others...

...ultimately, he'd have gone through with it.

For the chest armor.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Jack's not having an emo dream.

It's a vision quest!

I swear!

It's totally different from what Sub already posted for Sarada.

And other people have already posted.

And I've already posted...

Yeah.

So you know there's going to be an Otherworld Saga, where Ishtar is like "let's go find all your murdered mentors/parents", and it gets messy as fuck from there.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So you know there's going to be an Otherworld Saga, where Ishtar is like "let's go find all your murdered mentors/parents", and it gets messy as fuck from there.
    Should be a interesting clusterfuck for sure, no idea how that'll turn out. There's only Karine's father possibly and her grandmother...which I haven't fleshed out and all was mentioned like once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Should be a interesting clusterfuck for sure, no idea how that'll turn out. There's only Karine's father possibly and her grandmother...which I haven't fleshed out and all was mentioned like once.
    Otherworld Tournament Saga.

Confirmed.

Arx Inosaan

It admittedly would be interesting to see a tidal wave of venomous ki all come crashing down upon one small majin in a toilet.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Hope Zaofan and Meagan are ready to peep two eyefuls of Sarada's chest armor.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Otherworld Tournament Saga.

Confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    It admittedly would be interesting to see a tidal wave of venomous ki all come crashing down upon one small majin in a toilet.
    Well we now have our opening establishment fight. Starting from here working up to Black Lantern Tasure and the previous owner of Ishtar's sword-come-arm
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-15-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Well we now have our opening establishment fight. Starting from here working up to Black Lantern Tasure and the previous owner of Ishtar's sword-come-arm
    Nah.

God of Destruction Tasure.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Well we now have our opening establishment fight. Starting from here working up to Black Lantern Tasure.
    And for filler, Ishtar would show everyone something VERY important:

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hope Zaofan and Meagan are ready to peep two eyefuls of Sarada's chest armor.