Page 574 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 744745245645705715725735745755765775785846246741074 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Technically.....yes. Its kinda the reason why Etrina doesn't pull such a powerful healing ability out on a heartbeat for everything. Generally speaking, when you revert a limb to a pre wounded state....your "technically" creating a limp that a day or less younger then the body its attached too. Not so much with something that happened recently, but the longer you go back the more the difference in temporal age could have an effect.

In this case....a lot of change happened all at once, and it order to repair it she has to "specifically" focus on the mind. To revert that, she'd effectively have to null everything that happened post kami-operation.
    I doubt she could, is the thing.

In addition to being stronger than Etrina, Kami and Zurvan are homies. Etrina has not this protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nah. In order for him to be the Casimir of DBM, he'd have to propose to Karine, then che-- *is muffled and dragged away*
    Casimir will return. If only to make you all suffer.

Or ... fuck I don't know try to fix shit ? I need to. It's like a ... I NEED TO.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    She likely couldn't outside of that, anyway.

She heals damage. Since Kami effectively did the same thing, reversing it wouldn't change much. He might have his brain explode however.

The side-effects of Etrina's time shenanigans aren't worth it.
    Bah....how is she ever gonna go to the point of being good enough to not cause temporal shenanigans if I can never find someone willing to have temporal shenanigans on them!

Bah....how is she ever gonna go to the point of being good enough to not cause temporal shenanigans if I can never find someone willing to have temporal shenanigans on them!
    Because people have brains and do not want another brain in their ass, let's say.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Otherworld field trip arc confirmed?
    This needs to happen, if only so Ishtar can try to find Sekhmet.

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

I doubt she could, is the thing.

In addition to being stronger than Etrina, Kami and Zurvan are homies. Etrina has not this protection.
    Well....Unless Zurvan was "actively" preventing it from happening I don't see how she couldn't initially produce the required result. It depends on if Zurvan is the type of time deity that only responds after you've done something or before you try to do something. Could be either really if your a time deity.

....and more to the above point...........we really need to find a point where Etrina can start a dialogue with said deity so she can stop being that one healer in the group who can never cast her healing magic.

I mean....unless you WANT me to pocket this ability til endgame and then pull it out in the most fantastic way possible.

-----

Kami: Genesis has destroyed the earth with that last attack........the dragonballs are gone.....theres....nothing we can do now......

Etrina: *pulls out watch* ..........So we just need the last 5 to 10 minutes back right.....

Kami: ......eh....

Etrina: Hold my tea.

Retired Overlord

Because people have brains and do not want another brain in their ass, let's say.
    Bah.....this is temporal magic, not spacial. Nobodys brain has ever been in their ass.

*remembers SHR rebuild*

Nobody that isn't a action hero has had their brain in their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nah. In order for him to be the Casimir of DBM, he'd have to propose to Karine, then che-- *is muffled and dragged away*
    Okay, could... someone explain the Casimir thing to me?

I mean, I get that he was a dude that got with another PC, then cheated on her, but...

...uh... what's the similarity to Toto?

Lord you mentioned him again, now I need to chop another tentacle off as penance.

I am sorry guys, OKAY ?!

I mean Ishtar already fixed the damage that Totoma did to Kami, and helped her out a little besides. So her life in general should be pretty decent.

Will it be because they're stronger than he is ? Or because they're doing a better job than he is ?
    Oh, no, he'll feel ecstatic that they're so strong and that they're well on their way to becoming fine, upstanding heroes. But he'll also feel guilty, feeling he's let them down or betrayed their trust because he took the easy path in a moment of weakness.

As I said, hearing about those two legit would've allowed him to have at least a chance of recovering w/o this whole mind thing, I think.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Well....Unless Zurvan was "actively" preventing it from happening I don't see how she couldn't initially produce the required result. It depends on if Zurvan is the type of time deity that only responds after you've done something or before you try to do something. Could be either really if your a time deity.

....and more to the above point...........we really need to find a point where Etrina can start a dialogue with said deity so she can stop being that one healer in the group who can never cast her healing magic.
    Pffft, at this point the only reason she hasn't used it is because she leads with "the side-effects !" and people are like ... "no no, I'd rather not". Or in Ishtar's case, "let the boy try to do some good before we start using magic," ...

What you need to do is just bust it out without any warning.

Etrina: bippity boppty, here's a time-stoppity. *jazz hands*

I mean....unless you WANT me to pocket this ability til endgame and then pull it out in the most fantastic way possible.

-----
    Who said that ... I didn't say that. Did I say that ?

Kami: Genesis has destroyed the earth with that last attack........the dragonballs are gone.....theres....nothing we can do now......

Etrina: *pulls out watch* ..........So we just need the last 5 to 10 minutes back right.....

Kami: ......eh....

Etrina: Hold my tea.
    Zurvan's the type of entity that is only going to poke his head in if it sends ripples through time. Time healing wouldn't be a problem. This ?

Zurvan: *grabs Etrina's watch* Time is up, child.

Arx Inosaan

Also, thanks Zaofan.

You gave Totoma a foodgasm and made him cry, you MONSTER.

I mean, I get that he was a dude that got with another PC, then cheated on her, but...

Oh, no, he'll feel ecstatic that they're so strong and that they're well on their way to becoming fine, upstanding heroes. But he'll also feel guilty, feeling he's let them down or betrayed their trust because he took the easy path in a moment of weakness.

As I said, hearing about those two legit would've allowed him to have at least a chance of recovering w/o this whole mind thing, I think.
    Casimir was the male emotional protagonist of the RPG, the guy who created angst and attracted angst, or sometimes resolved angst. In some ways he was actually the most realistic male character in the RPG. Personally I liked him, though I can see why Sub wouldn't.

As for his similarity with Totoma, consider his relationship with Karine, the effect he had on Lady Kami, and how the other characters are reacting to him. Angst.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-18-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

To add to what Tami said ...

I tortured the ever-loving fuck out of him. Though a lot of it had to do with the sort of ... midpoint of his arc, where he got vomited on by an "Old God" (demon), and it sort of very rapidly stripped him of his humanity, and his sanity .... so by the time WickedElphaba's character came by and was like "I'm leaving the city forever to live in the woods, but I've never had sex/loved before", Cas, who was soon to be engaged was like ... "yea sure". Then he sat on it for two years, and THEN he told his fiance (Maxana/Sub's character) ... and shit hit the fan rather spectacularly, everyone turned against him (rightly so), and he exiled himself in another dimension where time moved faster ... so he pretty much lost his mind.

THEN HE CAME BACK AND FOUND OUT HE HAD A KID.

Man he was a mess. My first actual attempt at a p-b-p character, and the one thing Cthulhu says he regrets more than he loves.

Ah, well now that makes sense.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Casimir was the male emotional protagonist of the RPG, the guy who created angst and attracted angst, or sometimes resolved angst. In some ways he was actually the most realistic male character in the RPG. Personally I liked him, though I can see why Sub wouldn't.

As for his similarity with Totoma, consider his relationship with Karine, the effect he had on Lady Kami, and how the other characters are reacting to him. Angst.
    I see. Judging from what I've seen said of him, he was...

...very flawed. Which is quite realistic.

Thankfully, Totoma would never cheat on Karine.

No, not even with another Karine.

Though he might try to convince them to share.

>_>
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-18-2018 at 01:20 PM.

I'm sure I still have material on Cas. Dunno if there's a SHR 3 thread link still working but there's that too.

Amusingly enough ... he was the one who literally ripped the heart out of the big bad, and basically convinced the big bad's son to swear revenge so ... if we ever go back to that universe, be sure to thank Cas for creating another installment.

Arx Inosaan

Okay, so just to clarify. Totoma eating is before the others ate and had that scene with Jack, I... think? Sarada should still be sleeping...

I like to think that he was slumped over in plain sight, having been basically mind-broken by the full experience of Zaofan's cooking, while the others were there.

Because that's funny to me.

At least this time I'm staying out of it. No interpersonal or romantic angst for Meagan. Let someone else get involved.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.