Page 6 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Yeah, that was the kind of stuff Roshi said...

And at these power levels, that would still make you crazy powerful. ;D
    I just get by on skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah, I do regret not being able to join. But that is life, and I've lived in way too many RPGs over the last 12 years.
    A good perspective.

I won't muddy up the thread any more. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Character Sheet.

Name: Jack Knave

Race/Species: Human

Height/Weight: 6' 180lbs

Appearance: Link

Power Level: 200

Style: Manco's Bandit Style: Developed by the Bandit Manco and used by members of his gang. Exemplifies hard hitting attacks, and countering or reversing as opposed to dodging or blocking and general high risk high reward gaming, I mean fighting.

Techniques

Ki

Dead Man's Hand!: An incredibly powerful and risky technique. The user channels as much energy as the can muster into a single punch. The punch hits with absurd levels of power, but depending on the state of the user this can lead to the user experiencing exhaustion, unconsciousness, crippling injury of even sudden death.

Hot Streak: Second Hand Smoke, Jack takes a deep breath, and breathes out a wave of ki similar to a flame thrower. While it has limitations on range, about thirty feet, if fires in a cone with a rather large spread. Additionally, much like a wave of flame, this attack his hard to block or parry, you can't just deflect or bat it away like a physical ball, as it flows around such attempts.

Smoke Break: Jack smokes. A lot. So much so that he needs a constant source of nicotine to control his ki in combat. When he does not have a cigarette in his mouth, and he is in combat, Jack cannot properly utilize any higher level ki abilities, beyond basic ki sense, and flight. Even basic generic energy blasts are impossible for him. (Assuming he's learned to do any of the proceeding at this point.)

As a consequence however, Jack's ki reserves begin to directly strengthen his body, increasing strength, speed, and toughness dramatically.

He also gets irritable. Really, really irritable. More aggressive than a Sayain irritable.

These effects end when he takes his first puff of sweet, sweet nicotine.

Snake Eyes:

Jack builds up a concentration of ki in his eyes which is then released in a brilliant flash. This light has the potential to blind anyone looking at Jack's face at the time, particularly if their looking into his eyes. It does not do any other damage.

Adamant Aegis

Based on the technique Kami tried to teach Jack, sadly Jack found that he had trouble performing The Dead Man's Hand while also saving some energy to defend himself. So instead he came up with this Technique which is nearly the opposite.

The Adamant Aegis is an extraordinarily powerful shield technique, that surrounds Jack in a field of red energy that defends him from both physical and energy based assaults, even by people much more powerful than him. The draw back is, that just like the Dead Man's Hand, Jack pulls this energy from the core of his being, meaning each use greatly drains him. As opposed to drawing out everything however, each use of the Adamant Aegis drains roughly a quarter of Jack's energy to maintain for even a few moments, meaning each use is costly, though its defensive powers are nearly unrivaled.

Note: Adamant shares a root word with diamond and aegis just means shield, so its a Diamond Shield. Jack's Shield of Diamonds you could say.

Spirit Guide King of Spades Upgrade to Smoke Break

Hard to tell if Manco is actually haunting Jack, or whether the young Outlaw has just gone insane. Either way Jack now sees Manco whenever he isn't smoking. This has to effects in battle Jack's physical abilities are increased even further than before, with a corresponding increase in frustration and anxiety.

Also Manco can give him advice, as well as watch Jack's back (he can't interfere directly, only warn Jack of incoming threats and the like.)

Physical

Joker's Joint-Lock: A quick counter to a punch or kick designed to either today the opponent or break the offending limb. While highly effective the technique requires the user actually endure the blow to get in proper position to perform it.

Reversal Roulette: A technique to quickly reverse an opponent spinning several times before slamming them into the ground or some other hard object.

Blackjack Bushwack: A nasty snapping punch delivered to some vital area of the opponent, preferably one who is helpless, stunned, or unsuspecting.

Items

1. A capsule containing enough gear (tent, grill, and so forth) to set up a small campsite.

2. Way too many handrolled cigarettes

3. Weighted Training Jacket

4. Two Katchin Knives

Special:

Showdown: The constant life and death struggles that Jack has been in since he was a toddler, and the things he has had to do to survive have slowly put surely made their mark on his mind, body, and soul. When Jack is in danger of dying, his power level begins to rise as Jack's sheer will to survive kicks in pushing him past his normal limitations in order to defeat whatever is trying to end is life.

In poker the showdown is one name for the moment when the cards are put down and shown in order to determine who has won the hand.

History

Born in the Northern Continent and orphaned from a young age Jack Knave fell in with The One Arm Bandit Gang before he had reached his first decade. Manco, the gangs leader, took a particular shine to the orphan and he taught Jack his own eponymous school of martial arts as well as becoming something of a father figure for the young man. For a long time the One Arm Bandit Gang was the only family that Jack Knave had ever known.

Times grew hard as the Law started to come at the One Arm Bandit Gang with increasing tenacity. I order to keep the gang together Manco led the gang to increasingly immoral acts. Eventually Manco started to kidnap villagers and sell them to slaver's.

Jack vehemently disagreed with this as did half the gang. Manco and Jack came to blows and both sides started to engage in all out warfare.

Both Jack and Manco threw The Dead Man's Hand, and by sheer luck Jack connected rather than his mentor. The combination of the strain of the technique and the force of Jack's own attack instantly killed Manco.

When the dust settled almost the entire Gang was dead and the survivors agreed to just go their separate ways. Wracked by guilt for killing his mentor and tearing his makeshift family apart Jack decided to turn a new leaf and has tried to live within the law, but with no marketable skills outside of violence he has had little success.

Personality: Jack is doing his best to do good, but he still has all the instincts of a criminal. While generally easygoing he is prone to sudden mood swings. Jack has yet to truly come to terms with his past.

Other:

1. Jack is playing card, also known as a Knave.

2. One Arm Bandit is another name for a slot machine. Manco means "one armed" in spanish.

3. The Dead Man's Hand is a poker hand containing both black Aces and both Black eights, named after the hand Wild Bill Hickok had when he was shot in the back.

4. Jack thinks he had just gotten lucky in his fight with Manco but Manco had pulled his final blow at the last minute. If he had chosen to he would have won the contest and Jack would be dead.

5. More gambling puns.

Battle Theme: Ace of Spades, Motorhead
    Slow Theme: Blue on Black, Kenny Wade Shepard
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 04-06-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Revisions coming for Ishtar.

Finally figured out how to incorporate all six Amesha Spenta.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

All we need now is for Nik to give his opinion of our characters and it'll be just like old times.

Yeah literally. He always gave opinions of our stuff.

Loved him in the God rpg thing.

And it’s dragonball. So the Chou ain’t dying. (Unlike CBR. Where I am like Kenny.)

There we go, Ishtar's techniques have been cleaned up a bit. One's relatively useful, but damn it, I'm going for a theme here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Added a musical section. Honestly surprised I hadn't already.

Concept-wise, Charco will most likely be the least planned out characters I've done in quite a few years, as evident by the fact that I didn't fill Cleric's inbox with PMs with secret "GM's Eyes Only" stuff (or sent him any, for that matter). We'll see how it goes, but I plan just to have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Added a musical section. Honestly surprised I hadn't already.

Concept-wise, Charco will most likely be the least planned out characters I've done in quite a few years, as evident by the fact that I didn't fill Cleric's inbox with PMs with secret "GM's Eyes Only" stuff (or sent him any, for that matter). We'll see how it goes, but I plan just to have fun with it.
    That is actually a good idea.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That is actually a good idea.
    Sub-plots can keep you busy when the main storyline slows down, but I think the last few ones I've done were getting too grandiose now that I look back at them. Since DB is pretty light-hearted in tone (or at least, I think it is), it'll be the perfect game to not really worry about things like that.

And I felt like taking basic Chou into rp non persona format. DB is best base for it.

Hm..I can't seem to send PM's so hashing out things is gonna be difficult. Either way, its good to see a lot of you guys again I'm going to at least(try) to stick around here for an bit. What is also killing me is the character concept phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Sub-plots can keep you busy when the main storyline slows down, but I think the last few ones I've done were getting too grandiose now that I look back at them. Since DB is pretty light-hearted in tone (or at least, I think it is), it'll be the perfect game to not really worry about things like that.
    Well, the subplots, yes.

But I meant the music thing. Everyone's gotta have a theme song.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Hm..I can't seem to send PM's so hashing out things is gonna be difficult. Either way, its good to see a lot of you guys again I'm going to at least(try) to stick around here for an bit. What is also killing me is the character concept phase.
    Hmm, is there a theme you'd like to focus on specifically ?

I know for Ishtar, I latched onto "Zoroastrian", and stuff just developed from there.

Arx Inosaan

There's two competing ideas I have in my head. The first is seeing as Magic Girls are an thing going by Universe 2, I'd take my own stab and take on it since Universe 2 annoyed the heck out of me and was a let down personally. A more serious take that 'fit' as the current group judging by some is turning out to be an mis match group of oddballs(in the good way)

The second is a supernatural entity of some kind, we have an Oni, the Demon Realm is an thing and who knows what else. I'd need to ask Cleric if there are more pocket realms and such and a bit more of the lore before I go with the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    I find that often times its better to start off with a basic concept, some basic character traits and let complexity develop through play.